SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Helosim.com and Flight Sims (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=216)
-   -   IL2 Career the way you play? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=104648)

HunterICX 01-28-07 11:19 AM

IL2 Career the way you play?

I love the career mode in IL2

the way I play is as follows:

*I Choose a country
*I start with the lowest rank
*I pick the plane

and start

*I play dead is dead, so if I get shot down and get killed I delete and start a new career.
*If I bail out. If I,m on enemy territory I,m captured meaning a new career, If I bail out on frienly terrirtory I REFLY because I cant Continue unless the Mission completed message appears.
*I take of and Land manually (still need to practice my landing because they arent very well thought)

the way I fly is very simple...everyone in my Vision is at least going to get some bullets , the buggers on My six are dead man flying...as soon as I shaked them they are the ones I will hunt down to the end of the map.

I like to be a fighter Pilot, nice agile planes and my favorite targets are juicy bombers.

As a bomber myself, I do not feel very comfortable when my Fighter Support has been shot down and we are the only ones left and we know they are heading our way to finish us off....the Board guns on the Bombers arent really that good.

so how do u play the Career of IL2?

Dowly 01-28-07 04:15 PM

Pretty much the same way as you do. DiD, limited ammo, no icons etc. Tho, I have the 'no instant' success option unchecked so if I bail out, I can continue to the next mission.

Just lost my G50 to a surprise Russian attack to my airfield. Managed to down one I-16 before his friend made my left wing a liiiittle bit shorter. :cry:

CCIP 01-28-07 04:20 PM

I don't :dead:

I get shot down too easily. To be honest the default random-generated campaigns annoy me; and the AI, being a slightly too-good a shot in most cases, really brings me down a lot. I've tried to do DiD in IL-2, but just found it too frustrating.

Most careers that I do play tend to be scripted campaigns.

Sulikate 01-28-07 05:38 PM

I play with full realism, if I die... I retry:arrgh!:

HunterICX 01-30-07 04:14 AM

I,m currently doing a career
with the Finish Airforce in a BF109
at least a Plane that I know very well:rock:

in the first flight I shot down 2 planes of the Russians.
that is because after the first one the wreckage destroyed one of my Tail flap so the steering went very slow

Dowly 01-30-07 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterICX
In the first flight I shot down 2 planes of the Russians.
that is because after the first one the wreckage destroyed one of my Tail flap so the steering went very slow

By that you mean, that you would´ve shot down more?

That´s the thing I dont like about IL2, it´s getting too darn easy! Like I said to you the other day, when I look the roster of my squadron, I see pilots with 10+ missions, but with only <5 kills. Then I see me, 3 missions with 10 kills.

Also, I´ve come to realise that my main threat is the fuel. I´m playing as a RAF pilot defending the Singapore and when I´m coming out of the mission area, my fuel tank is usually empty. 6 missions flown with 3 crash landings because of the fuel. :rotfl:

HunterICX 01-30-07 05:52 AM

Well, If my Tail flap didnt broke of I would have shot down 1 more russian that was at my 3 O'clock.

my average kills per flight is 3 - 4 planes.
sometimes I get a good pounding like getting big gaps in my wings or something breaks off and then I have to fight to get the plane flying straight...or I have to return to base early because of Engine problems...as soon as I notice my plane is been pounded really bad I return to base immidiatly to get it nicely on the ground an hope that my friends will finish the job...

the AI enemy's well I dont know in the career mode. but I'll guess they get tougher as soon the war advances. but anyway, they sometimes might be easy targets...but dont underestimate them when you have them on ur 6. ur just as vulnerable as them and if you just get some fatal blows (engine, Cockpit or wings) you're pretty much dead meat.

As chasing an enemy sometimes they are pretty much annoying pests...as they go very low to the ground and try to escape my vision. the worst part when they are on your six...while you are chasing one of them, one sneaks up behind and at the sudden starts to shoot you....

also beeing greedy isnt very good...well while they are busy with the fighters I take on the whole squadron of bombers over there....EHH!!!! BAD MOVE if they focus their board guns on 1 plane they are pretty much deadly bastards.

I think I have a realistic average kills when it comes to flights....because it feels so good to see that plane going down spinning around with one wing:rock:

Really , its weird thought in the Finish Campaign...I,m fighting russians...sometime the german comes up with bombers...now explain me this...if they talk german and we finish..where the hell is the Translator! because when they scream for help...we understand them...right...

Biggles 01-30-07 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCIP
I don't :dead:

I get shot down too easily. To be honest the default random-generated campaigns annoy me; and the AI, being a slightly too-good a shot in most cases, really brings me down a lot. I've tried to do DiD in IL-2, but just found it too frustrating.

Most careers that I do play tend to be scripted campaigns.

word. the scripted campaigns are the best ones. Brings some more personality. You can download loads of good stuff from this site:

http://www.mission4today.com/

check it out! Some campaigns from here are really cool!:up:

Frenssen 02-01-07 03:07 AM

Part of the reason for the player`s high kill ratio is the suicidal AI. They won`t disengage when the odds are against them. They always fight to the last man/plane.

I fly mostly German, American or Japanese because I like these radio comms best. Espacially Japanese. I don`t understand a word, but I think they are the best acted radio comms.

HunterICX 02-01-07 04:25 AM

they wont disengage, well because IL2 is mostly about Russians versus Germans well like in Real retreating was cowardness. you only may return in cause of Plane malfunction/damage.

Like I red about a Uboat commander getting executed for beeing a coward I think it also counted for the aircraft pilots. Bombers may return after they dropped their bombs.

Also...If you noticed, if your in the combat area where the AI planes fight. but as soon as they are out of the area returning to base sometimes 2 escape, if you follow them they arent trying to dodge you or counter attack. another thing of the AI is that if they get damaged on some places they just try to belly land without bailing out when the plane itself if you try will get you back to base. for example the ME262 if you lose 1 engine you're perfectly fine you can get back to base if you be carefull enough you might slow down because you do not have the full potential but instead of doing that the AI just belly land his plane on the ground.

the counterpart to get high kill ratio is the damage model done on the aircraft. yesterday I was flying when some russki shot a big gap into my left wing. now I thought its nothing but as soon as I make a sharp turn my plane goes into a spin and heading to the ground. as I was flying straight or turned a bit my plane went into a spin. I put my flaps into combat position and that helped a bit so I could take normal big turns and return my plane back to base. also Engine is a nasty part to get shot in. or the Flaps on every wing. but the worst that can happen is losing the controls of the wings. that you only can go up and down but turning left and right is imposible because the controls are broken.

Dowly 02-01-07 04:54 AM

One thing about the damage model; Has anyone ever lost both or just the other flap to enemy fire? I´m not talking about it being jammed, but totally gone.

Biggles 02-01-07 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frenssen
Part of the reason for the player`s high kill ratio is the suicidal AI. They won`t disengage when the odds are against them. They always fight to the last man/plane.

I fly mostly German, American or Japanese because I like these radio comms best. Espacially Japanese. I don`t understand a word, but I think they are the best acted radio comms.

I don't really like the voices in IL2. The best voices I've heard in any combat flight simulator is in "Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 2". The american voices are just superb! And when a friend is shot down, you really feel pity when you hear: "My bird (static)....brak(static) up!(some more static)

Also, in Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 1 (the first sim. I've ever played) you could hear some interesting phrases like: "Scratched one jerry!" (in these days I didn't know why they said Jerry.....)

HunterICX 02-01-07 05:20 AM

well in IL2 the german/russian language voice acting is good.
the others sound dull.

if a german has a russian on his Six he really yells in german get him off me
or when he is going down he also screams and the others yell at him to bail out and stuff....

but for example the american/english voice goes

This is 2 , someone....get him off me (boring uninteristing voice)

Dowly 02-01-07 05:27 AM

In what format are the CFS sounds? I´d like to get my hands on them and replace some of the IL2´s radio traffic. :hmm:

HunterICX 02-01-07 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dowly
In what format are the CFS sounds? I´d like to get my hands on them and replace some of the IL2´s radio traffic. :hmm:

I have CFS3 so I can check it when I,m back home