SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   FOTRSU Starting new carrier (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=237639)

hauangua 05-29-18 09:53 PM

FOTRSU Starting new carrier

Hi
A simple question:
With which submarine do you prefer to start, and from which Port (Perl Harbor? or other)do you prefer to start when starting a new career 8 December 1941?

cdrsubron7 05-29-18 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauangua (Post 2555036)
Hi
A simple question:
With which submarine do you prefer to start, and from which Port (Pearl Harbor? or other)do you prefer to start when starting a new career 8 December 1941?

Always like starting out from Manila on Dec 8, 1941. Starting with the S-18 class also.

THEBERBSTER 05-30-18 03:57 AM

Hi h
I love my beast of a boat the "Narwahl".
What an experience and sound when those 2 big deck guns open up.

Only available from Pearl.
Peter

hauangua 05-30-18 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 (Post 2555038)
Always like starting out from Manila on Dec 8, 1941. Starting with the S-18 class also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2555058)
Hi h
I love my beast of a boat the "Narwahl".
What an experience and sound when those 2 big deck guns open up.

Only available from Pearl.
Peter

Thank cdsubron7 and thank Peter
I thank you for your answers
I hoped for more involvement for this thread, but no important,
your answers are useful to me
:salute:

Rockin Robbins 05-30-18 01:10 PM

I would have just repeated cdrsubron7's opinion: sugar boat out of Manila. Lots of opportunities for success and failure there!

propbeanie 05-30-18 01:40 PM

I don't know why, but if I start at Manila, I like the Sargo boats. Pearl, it's the Tambor. Probably has something to do with all the starts I've done out of Dutch Harbor in a pig boat... :har: :salute:

torpedobait 05-31-18 09:27 AM

My fav is Sargo out of Manila on 12/08/1941. Have also done Midway, but not quite as intense, probably due to the long passage to enemy waters.

Hitman 05-31-18 11:21 AM

My fav for start is the P class or the S class, Manila or Pearl. Fav overall for campaigns the Narwhal. :Kaleun_Cheers:

Admiral Von Gerlach 06-02-18 07:14 PM

In the real war, the boats out of the Phlipines were the first in action and had the most to do due to the long travel time to and from from Pearl. In time of course that shifted. Sadly the early S boats were terrible in use, no AC, crews suffered a lot of loss of efficiency, and the torps were WWi vintage and horrible. Not until 43' were the problems with the TT Triggers fixed. It was a criminal oversight and cost a lot of boats and lives.

les green01 06-22-18 10:58 PM

If Manila S-Boat

KaleunMarco 06-22-18 11:59 PM

depends on my mood. if i feel like playing a 4 year career, i'll start in manila with an s-boat and as i survive, play a string of upgrades until i get my gato or balao.

if i want to play one theatre, then i'll get a boat from a particular theatre.

i have to add that i am playing Jimmy Howard's Guerilla/Spyron mod and i absolutely love it. a load of special ops missions and advanced bases which really cut down on the travel time. and besides that the advanced bases are somewhat realistic as my father always spoke of guam with fond memories.

no matter what you choose, have fun. welcome, aboard.

hauangua 06-23-18 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark bonamer (Post 2558417)
depends on my mood. if i feel like playing a 4 year career, i'll start in manila with an s-boat and as i survive, play a string of upgrades until i get my gato or balao.

if i want to play one theatre, then i'll get a boat from a particular theatre.

i have to add that i am playing Jimmy Howard's Guerilla/Spyron mod and i absolutely love it. a load of special ops missions and advanced bases which really cut down on the travel time. and besides that the advanced bases are somewhat realistic as my father always spoke of guam with fond memories.

no matter what you choose, have fun. welcome, aboard.

Thanks mark bonamer And Thanks you all. Useful for me your advise
I will start in Manila with a s-boat, I have decided .
:salute:

aanker 06-23-18 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by les green01 (Post 2558415)
If Manila S-Boat

Same with me, S-39 (SS-144) out of Manila (also my favorite in SH1 SHCE) or a TAMBOR or GAR class out of Pearl.

I also like a Career in the NARWHAL mod by Keltos, USS Narwhal (SS-167) - also a nice boat - with the real 6" guns.

Happy Hunting!

Jeffg 06-23-18 09:52 PM

Read Pigboat 39 and see what life was like in the S-39. By all means start in a S Boat.

JeffG:

aanker 06-24-18 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffg (Post 2558572)
Read Pigboat 39 and see what life was like in the S-39. By all means start in a S Boat.

JeffG:

Thanks, read, "Pigboat 39" years ago and it is well worth another read.