SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL] GWX 2.0 better Onlinegaming Mod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=129335)

AOTD_MadMax 01-20-08 07:21 AM

[REL] GWX 2.0 better Onlinegaming Mod

Hello Kaleun´s,

with permission from Kpt. Lehmann i have worked out a small mod for better onlinegaming for GWX 2.0.

This mod is only made for Online-sessions.
It shuts down the singleplayer-campaign-files and the message-files.

With this mod you cant play random generated missions.
You only can play scripted Multiplayermissions.
This mod reduces the loading time and makes the onlinesession much more stable.
Remember that every client on your server must have this mod when you wanne play online.

This mod is JSGME-compatible !

Installation :

Copy the Mod to your Mods-folder and aktivate it with JSGME when you wanne play an Onlinemission.
Dont forget to deaktivate this mod if you wanne play your carreer !

Download :

http://85.25.133.181/Files/mods/GWX2...linegaming.rar

If you got any questions, so send me an PM !

Greets

AOTD|MadMax

danlisa 01-20-08 07:33 AM

Nice work Maddy.:up:

I keep forgetting that I have blank campaign files that can be used in MP. Always use them for testing though.

Also, I've not forgotten about you and the tutorial. Just need to finish a few other things. Sorry.:oops:

bigboywooly 01-20-08 07:50 AM

Good idea Maddy :up:

AOTD_MadMax 01-20-08 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danlisa
Nice work Maddy.:up:

I keep forgetting that I have blank campaign files that can be used in MP. Always use them for testing though.

Also, I've not forgotten about you and the tutorial. Just need to finish a few other things. Sorry.:oops:

No problem Dan,

i was in hospital last time so i dindt miss it.
Dont hurry mate, life isnt a short story :D

Greets

Maddy

Jimbuna 01-20-08 10:36 AM

Nice one Maddy.....will definitely try this out http://www.psionguild.org/forums/ima...s/thumbsup.gif

TarJak 01-20-08 08:24 PM

Bewdy! Nice work Maddy!:up:

i_b_spectre 01-20-08 10:04 PM

Woohoo! Thanks, Maddy. I can't wait to try it out. :up:

i_b_spectre 01-24-08 09:24 AM

As I won't be able to try this mod until the weekend, will I need to do the ol' rollback-and-be-in-port thing before activating it in JSGME? I'm about to embark on my 16th war patrol in GWX 2.0 and don't want to mess anything up.

bigboywooly 01-24-08 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i_b_spectre
As I won't be able to try this mod until the weekend, will I need to do the ol' rollback-and-be-in-port thing before activating it in JSGME? I'm about to embark on my 16th war patrol in GWX 2.0 and don't want to mess anything up.

ALL MP players need the same set up so you will need to rollback and disable any JSGME mods anyway
Or better still have a second install just for MP play

i_b_spectre 01-26-08 11:09 AM

After returning to port, I attempted to install Maddy's 2.0 Online Gaming mod, but JSGME popped-up a message saying "Campaign_SCR.mis" has already been altered by the "GWX - Lite Harbor Traffic" mod". Should I simply deactivate the Lite Harbor Traffic mod and proceed with the Online Gaming mod?

AOTD_MadMax 01-26-08 12:22 PM

If you wanne play Online with your mates , every one needs the same constelation of enabled or disabled Mods.

My Mod reduces the campaign-files to zero.
It is better to disable the harbour-mod until you wanne play online.

So do this :

1.) disable all mods
2.) enable the Online-mod

3.) have fun with your mates !

Greets

Maddy

Jimbuna 01-26-08 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i_b_spectre
After returning to port, I attempted to install Maddy's 2.0 Online Gaming mod, but JSGME popped-up a message saying "Campaign_SCR.mis" has already been altered by the "GWX - Lite Harbor Traffic" mod". Should I simply deactivate the Lite Harbor Traffic mod and proceed with the Online Gaming mod?

When you engage a mod with JSGME, it overwrites anything previously installed, hence the warning message. All that is happening is that you are being informed of the overwrite and being given the option whether you wish to proceed or not.

IT IS HOWEVER, BEST PRACTICE TO DISABLE EARLIER MODS FIRST AND PERFORM THE 'ROLLBACK' OPERATION IF YOU ARE USING SH3 COMMANDER http://www.psionguild.org/forums/ima...ies/pirate.gif

i_b_spectre 01-27-08 12:15 AM

Well, it was a gallant effort, but I'm sorry to report the mod did not provide relief from the ills of 2.0 online. Load times were considerably reduced and we had high hopes, but in the end, the problems peculiar to 2.0 prevailed. The host (ping in the 40s) and I (ping in the 80s) experienced the same issues whereby what he saw onscreen was different than what I was seeing. I pumped a boat load of torpedoes into a Medium Cargo ship and I saw it burning with a huge column of smoke, but the only smoke observed by the host was out of the engine funnel. He saw the hit on the propulsion section and reported seeing the prop stopped, but I saw it as continuing-on albeit at a reduced speed (down to 3 kts), but it would suddenly accelerate back to around 7-9 kts as if major repairs had been made. I wasn't able to "buy" a kill playing GWX 2.0 online.

Conversely, we loaded GWX 1.03 and were again able to play with much better results. My hits were registered on the host's end and I got credit for sinking the ships that appeared to be mortally hit from my perspective.

I have no idea what changes between GWX 2.0 and 1.03 could make such a significant difference, but suffice it to say at this point, 2.0 does not work for us online. Thanks, Maddy, for sharing your file, wish it had worked as well for us as it did for your group.

AOTD_MadMax 01-27-08 08:11 AM

@ i_b_spectre

The biggest difference between 1.3 and 2.0 is the large Sea-folder.

We from AOTD got nearly the same problems with GWX 2.0 as you but after reducing the number of ships from 200 to 130 all problems are gone.

Beleave me, we from AOTD knows everything about SH3-Onlinegaming cause we play SH3 online since the release of this game.

If you wanne have stable Multiplayersessions you need two important things.

1.) Disabled Singleplayercampaign-files ( done with my Mod )
2.) Reducing the number of ships to maximum of 130-140 different units.

How you can reduce the number of ships ?

First of all i wanne say that you dont need so much different Battleships for Onlinegaming.
One ship of the King George Class is enough.
The same you can do with German and Italian Battleships and Cruiser.

We from AOTD have build an Special Onlinegamingpack for GWX 2.0 which we use in ouer Onlinecampaign.
This Pack is not for public use but a can ask the GWX-Crew for permission to make a public-version of the pack !

This pack includes a special edition of the Sea- and Roster-folder.
I hope i got the permission for working out this package for the GWX-Comunity !

Greets

MadMax

i_b_spectre 01-27-08 09:32 AM

Maddy, I appreciate your time, patience and talent. Being able to play GWX 1.03 successfully online keeps us in the game, so while it would be nice to be able to game with 2.0, it's not something I would want you to spend a lot of time on for us. 2.0 plays offline wonderfully and other than having fewer niceties and missions, 1.03 gives a satisfying online experience. If your efforts could benefit the community and the GWX team approves, I'm sure everyone interested in MP would welcome it. Still, I'm sure your gaming time is at a premium as it is for the rest of us, so go enjoy your time with the AOTD and thanks for all you've done. :up: