SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [TEC] BB Missouri small cannon fire (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=239154)

Fearless 11-14-18 05:16 PM

BB Missouri small cannon fire

Hi team, I'm on a roll here now that I have the BB Missouri up an running with funnel smoke working thanks to direction from s7rikeback and Bleiente, I've found that the secondary cannons (the ones on the port and starboard sides) only fire for a short time than no longer react to 'man the cannon' command even after giving them plenty of ammo.

Is there a way I can correct this at all? The main tripple barrel cannons work flawlessly.

Thanks in advance.

ETR3(SS) 11-14-18 08:53 PM

Where are you defining their ammo load? And I assume you're talking about the 5" twin mounts?

Fearless 11-15-18 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ETR3(SS) (Post 2577293)
Where are you defining their ammo load? And I assume you're talking about the 5" twin mounts?

Hi ETR3(SS),
Thanks for your response. Yes, I couldn't remember what they were called but I increased the ammo amount in \Data\Library\ShipParts\guns_radars_03.sim.
There are no .sim files relating to the 5" twin barrel in the USParts folder.

ETR3(SS) 11-15-18 02:56 PM

When I get SH4 reinstalled (new D:\ drive) I'll take a look into it. I'm familiar with it, but only at length as I didn't play with surface ships that much. Time frame probably monday as it's opening weekend for deer season.

Fearless 11-15-18 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ETR3(SS) (Post 2577431)
When I get SH4 reinstalled (new D:\ drive) I'll take a look into it. I'm familiar with it, but only at length as I didn't play with surface ships that much. Time frame probably monday as it's opening weekend for deer season.

Much appreciated. :Kaleun_Salute:

ETR3(SS) 11-19-18 03:06 PM

So what I've got so far is the 5" twin mount is under guns_radars, the sim file lists it as having 250 AP rounds and 250 AA rounds. Compared to the 16" triple mount which has 300 AP rounds. This brings us to rate of fire (per the game files), 5" is 2(salvo) rounds every 2.5 seconds and 16" is 3(salvo) rounds every 30 seconds. So in a little over 5 minutes of sustained fire the 5" mounts will run dry and 50 minutes the 16" mounts will run out.

So if we want to equal this out (assuming we leave the 16" alone) we need to adjust reload time to around 30 secs, or increase the magazine to 2500 rounds.

Now to test the hypothesis!:salute:

Fearless 11-19-18 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ETR3(SS) (Post 2578006)
So what I've got so far is the 5" twin mount is under guns_radars, the sim file lists it as having 250 AP rounds and 250 AA rounds. Compared to the 16" triple mount which has 300 AP rounds. This brings us to rate of fire (per the game files), 5" is 2(salvo) rounds every 2.5 seconds and 16" is 3(salvo) rounds every 30 seconds. So in a little over 5 minutes of sustained fire the 5" mounts will run dry and 50 minutes the 16" mounts will run out.

So if we want to equal this out (assuming we leave the 16" alone) we need to adjust reload time to around 30 secs, or increase the magazine to 2500 rounds.

Now to test the hypothesis!:salute:

Thanks for testing this ETR3(SS) I added 41000 rounds to all guns with 11 sec reload same results. I was trying it out on Peacock/jmlarin USA Iowa but that ship had no ShipParts folder. Oh does your BB Missouri have red cables and red guardrails?

https://thumb.ibb.co/g9XN70/SH4-Img-...-24-44-462.jpg

Fearless 11-20-18 07:13 AM

My BB Montana seems to work no problems with all cannons. The model after some tweaking. All credit goes to Rhine. :Kaleun_Salute:

https://thumb.ibb.co/gPQvPf/SH4-Img-...-46-31-307.png

ETR3(SS) 11-20-18 02:14 PM

After setting up a single mission to test this on (49 large modern merchants anchored in formation) the results I've gotten are about 8 minutes of sustained gun fire from the port side 5" mounts with the default ammo amounts.

At this point I'd be interested in what other mods you're running with this. As far as red cables and railings, only the cables between the yardarms appear red to me.

Edit: I upped the ammo when I thought I didn't which gave an erroneous time. But upping ammo amount did give an effect.

Fearless 11-20-18 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ETR3(SS) (Post 2578134)
After setting up a single mission to test this on (49 large modern merchants anchored in formation) the results I've gotten are about 8 minutes of sustained gun fire from the port side 5" mounts with the default ammo amounts.

At this point I'd be interested in what other mods you're running with this. As far as red cables and railings, only the cables between the yardarms appear red to me.

Edit: I upped the ammo when I thought I didn't which gave an erroneous time. But upping ammo amount did give an effect.

My setup is in order:

1.0 TMO_RSRDC_OTC
1.5_OTC for 16 to 9 Aspect Ratio RSRDCv502
1.5_OTC Realistic Scopes for 16 to 9 RSRDCv502
1.5_OTC_US Radar from Start for RSRDCv502
1.5_OTC_Tokko's Revenge for RSRDCv502
2.0 Ralles ModPack for TMO_RSRDC_OTC
2.2 RMP V1.3 Bubblehead`s Ship_Compilation
Captain Midnights CBS NEWS Sound Mod
CSL Custom Map Colors
Battleship Missouri BB-63_4 (my version 4)

Bleiente 11-20-18 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearless (Post 2578149)
My setup is in order:

1.0 TMO_RSRDC_OTC
1.5_OTC for 16 to 9 Aspect Ratio RSRDCv502
1.5_OTC_US Radar from Start for RSRDCv502
Captain Midnights CBS NEWS Sound Mod
CSL Custom Map Colors
Speech_FixUS_Rev2
2.2 RMP V1.3 Bubblehead`s Ship_Compilation
Battleship Missouri BB-63_4 (my version 4)

I have given a special number to the respective mod stages.
The sequence would therefore be chronologically inevitably correct, so that the modifications harmonize smoothly with each other.
Quote:

Installation via JSGM:
1.0 TMO_RSRDC_OTC
1.5 OTC OptionalGoodys *1
2.0 Ralles ModPack for TMO_RSRDC_OTC *2

Please note!
In the "OTC OptionalGoodys" folder are various folders for the respective resolution, the periscope view, and the IJN-AI. These must be copied and activated individually into the game.
For me it looks like this for example:
1.0 TMO_RSRDC_OTC
1.5_OTC_Realistic Scopes for 16 to 9 RSRDCv502
2.1 TMO_Sample_Emblem
2.1 TMO_Sub_Pirate_flag

A NEW CAMPAIGN MUST BE BEGINN!

Fearless 11-20-18 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleiente (Post 2578151)
I have given a special number to the respective mod stages.
The sequence would therefore be chronologically inevitably correct, so that the modifications harmonize smoothly with each other.

Thanks Bleiente. I've changed the setup.

ETR3(SS) 11-21-18 10:28 AM

If any one of those mods has the guns_radars.sim file in it, that may be affecting your ammo loadout.

Fearless 11-21-18 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ETR3(SS) (Post 2578254)
If any one of those mods has the guns_radars.sim file in it, that may be affecting your ammo loadout.

Interesting. Doesn't my BB Missouri guns_radars.sim file override it when I've activated it last via JSGME?

ETR3(SS) 11-21-18 06:49 PM

If you've included it in your Iowa mod, then yes it should.