SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Radar Rotation Problem (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=217157)

Stiebler 12-20-14 08:12 AM

Hard-code fix for the radar rotation now released as part of my 4C_V16B1 hard-code patch, with toggle on new Options Selector to enable the new code to be disabled (or don't use the new patch!).

I still cannot implement Tycho's idea of fixing the initial position of the radar when leaving base . . .

Click here for further details:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=217396

Stiebler.

makman94 12-21-14 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiebler (Post 2270193)
Hard-code fix for the radar rotation now released as part of my 4C_V16B1 hard-code patch, with toggle on new Options Selector to enable the new code to be disabled (or don't use the new patch!).

I still cannot implement Tycho's idea of fixing the initial position of the radar when leaving base . . .

Click here for further details:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=217396

Stiebler.

Stiebler, what this fix does exactly ? is it raising both df and radar at the same time ?

Stiebler 12-21-14 05:54 PM

@Makman94:
Quote:

what this fix does exactly ? is it raising both df and radar at the same time?
Anvart's original animation in his NYGM_FM30_DFa_UpDown mod allowed separate movement, up and down, of the DF aerial and the rotating radar (FM30/FM61). He supplied the NYGM turms also, for this purpose.

My new hard-code fix uses Anvart's turms, but I have made small changes to the turms to permit my code to function.

These changes are as follows:
1. I have given the turms without a position for the rotating radars a new position R02 for the rotating radars. These turms include 7b_1_hd.dat, 7c_1_hd.dat, 9b_1_hd.dat, 9c_1_hd.dat.
2. For the other (NYGM) turms which have already R01 and R02 in their .dat files, I have simply exchanged the R01 and R02 in the dat files.
3. Turms for the Type II and XXI U-boats do not require alteration, and they are not affected by my hard-code either.

I used S3Ditor to make the changes to Anvart's original turms for NYGM.
This is sufficent for these turms. However, I believe that GWX and other creators of turms have used a different system that involves a change of the geometry of the turms, in order to permit the rotating radars to turn properly.

Also stock SH3 and GWX share the same positions for the R01 and R02 nodes, whereas NYGM reversed these positions originally. Thus, my hard-code fix means that the NYGM turms (.dat files) must have their original values of R01 and R02 restored.

This is complicated to explain, as you can see, and the best answer that I can give is to examine the 7b_1_hd.dat and 7c_3_hd.dat files (comparing NYGM and stock/GWX turms) in S3Ditor in order to see the differences.

Of course, the easy solution is just to use Anvart's turms supplied for NYGM, modified by me as explained above, and supplied as part of the new 4C_V16B1 hard-code fix.

I hope that I have provided a complete reply, including to your PM earlier.

Stiebler.

makman94 12-22-14 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiebler (Post 2270735)
@Makman94:

Anvart's original animation in his NYGM_FM30_DFa_UpDown mod allowed separate movement, up and down, of the DF aerial and the rotating radar (FM30/FM61). He supplied the NYGM turms also, for this purpose.

My new hard-code fix uses Anvart's turms, but I have made small changes to the turms to permit my code to function.

These changes are as follows:
1. I have given the turms without a position for the rotating radars a new position R02 for the rotating radars. These turms include 7b_1_hd.dat, 7c_1_hd.dat, 9b_1_hd.dat, 9c_1_hd.dat.
2. For the other (NYGM) turms which have already R01 and R02 in their .dat files, I have simply exchanged the R01 and R02 in the dat files.
3. Turms for the Type II and XXI U-boats do not require alteration, and they are not affected by my hard-code either.

I used S3Ditor to make the changes to Anvart's original turms for NYGM.
This is sufficent for these turms. However, I believe that GWX and other creators of turms have used a different system that involves a change of the geometry of the turms, in order to permit the rotating radars to turn properly.

Also stock SH3 and GWX share the same positions for the R01 and R02 nodes, whereas NYGM reversed these positions originally. Thus, my hard-code fix means that the NYGM turms (.dat files) must have their original values of R01 and R02 restored.

This is complicated to explain, as you can see, and the best answer that I can give is to examine the 7b_1_hd.dat and 7c_3_hd.dat files (comparing NYGM and stock/GWX turms) in S3Ditor in order to see the differences.

Of course, the easy solution is just to use Anvart's turms supplied for NYGM, modified by me as explained above, and supplied as part of the new 4C_V16B1 hard-code fix.

I hope that I have provided a complete reply, including to your PM earlier.

Stiebler.

thank you for your reply Stiebler :up:

i understand you and i will test all these for see them in action :yep:

Leitender 12-24-14 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tycho (Post 2266720)
I play with H.sie radar fix and Anvart's FMO_30_UpDown with StateMachineCtl, manualy added in my nygm files.

When the game start, the radar is off, but visually the radar is in upper position without rotation.
If you click turn off, the radar go down in its proper position.
http://oi62.tinypic.com/zv8l7r_th.jpg
To fix this I open FMO_30.dat and change GotoEntry=2 to GotoEntry=4 for state entry: Start.
Now the game start with radar off, and visually it's in properly down position.
http://oi61.tinypic.com/2zq8o3o_th.jpg

Really nice finding, Tycho, thank you very much! :salute:

I tried this with Anvartīs LSH3-5-FM30_Updown-Mod (03/2011) and it works exactly as intended. Wonderful.
Further, I can agree that your proposol for correcting the initial position of the radar aerial also works as intended in my installation. I had the same offset like in Makmanīs picture and simply changed the Y-Rotation for 90°, what is Pi/2 or 1,570796 in the unit circle. Now all works perfectly.

Once again thanks to Grandmaster Anvart for his great contributions. I love to play with them. Just one small request: After extending the aerial, there is a discontinous transition from the extending animation to the turning animation. Does anyone has an idea how to synchronise both animations?

The transition from the turning animation to the lowering animation seems to be synchronous.

Best regards,

Leitender

Tycho 12-25-14 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anvart (Post 2271748)
This trick was necessary to crawl the switched radar when the submarine was on the surface during initialized of the game... and correct to write in Start section GotoEntry = 1 (to Idle), if you use H.sie mod :woot:

Well, in this case, in my game,the radar start in down position but with wrong orientation.
http://oi62.tinypic.com/o85ouq_th.jpg
That's why I chose GotoEntry = 4, now the radar start down and with proper orientation. :woot:

Tycho 12-26-14 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anvart (Post 2271912)
I propose to test and use the old alternative logic... IIRC, with one problem in the original game... where after initializing of the game radar works... but this logic was holding the antenna in Down position without rotation after initializing of the game. I think this will not be a problem if you use H.sie (sh4.exe) radar correction.
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/n4...wn_AltLogic.7z
it's logic only.

I tested this with H.sie radar correction. Worked great. Even, the problem with going in radar view was gone. The radar remains on its correct orientation.

Tycho 12-28-14 06:26 AM

Another thing, that I see.
Probably you was doing something with 3d model for radars in sensors.dat, in your FM30_UpDown_final.7z.

Same turm, same node coordinates.
First is with 3d model from GWX3 sensors.dat
http://oi62.tinypic.com/ouv6yr_th.jpg
Second is with 3d model from FM30_UpDown_final.7z, sensors.dat
http://oi60.tinypic.com/2ezhdee_th.jpg

When adapt FM30_UpDown in my installation, I did not copied your 3d model.
I see same in others mods, that provide FM30_UpDown compatibility.

In this case, 0 for "rotation Y" in animation fix things. Or, take your 3d model also fix things.

Anvart 12-28-14 07:57 AM

Ignoramus-moderator have deleted part of my post... therefore I deleted remaining. :salute:

Sailor Steve 12-29-14 03:15 PM

Please be aware of Subsim's rules on forum behavior. We can have disagreements without resorting to insults and attacks.
Quote:

Members should not publicly attack a Moderator or intentionally undermine a Moderator's actions by baiting or harassing him.
Quote:

If a member wishes to challenge a Moderator action that involves the member, this challenge must be raised in private via PM or email, not in public.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/faq....rule4_faq_item

Hitman 12-30-14 02:01 PM

Thanks for your cooperation Anvart, I knew you would understand and act consequently :salute:

LGN1 01-02-15 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tycho (Post 2272049)
I tested this with H.sie radar correction. Worked great. Even, the problem with going in radar view was gone. The radar remains on its correct orientation.

Hi Tycho,

could you please explain what the 'problem with going in radar view' is?

Regards, LGN1

Tycho 01-02-15 02:45 PM

Let's say, that your radar is Off, down, and correct oriented.
Now you go in Radar view, if you've installed all changes in Commands_en.cfg from FM30_UpDown_final.7z,
don't use "R" key for this, but use right mouse button over Radio operator.
And, you will go in Radar view, now go back to Conning deck and you will see that the radar orientation was changed.

Alex Ū 01-03-15 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LGN1 (Post 2274205)
Hi Tycho,

could you please explain what the 'problem with going in radar view' is?

Regards, LGN1

Hi, LGN1.
No probs in this question... use correct Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jj...UpDown_GWX.rar

Tycho 01-04-15 09:07 AM

Remains the problem with the need to manually switch the radar to OFF, before diving.
If not then, when you dive, the radar will continue rotate. And when the game switch it to Off, the radar will stop rotation, but will stay in upper position. And, you will travel underwater that way.

With H.sie radar fix and this alternate logic, if I add orders in StateMachineClass for different dive commands, like in DFa and SubFlag, then the radar will work like this:

- I give some of dive commands (periscope depth, set depth, ...), the radar will go down and will stay down and correct oriented. But only visually, the radar will continue be ON, until depth goes under 8-9m. Then, the game will switch the radar to OFF.

For me that way is more acceptable.

Tycho 01-04-15 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anvart (Post 2274898)
[Cmd462]
Name=Radar_turn_off
Ctxt=1
MnID=0x3F2B0004
Key0=0x52,Cc,"CTRL+R"
Key1=0x43,C,"C" =======>; Crash_dive
Key2=0x50,C,"P" =======>; Periscope_depth
Key4=0xBA,C,"Comma" ===>; Snorkel_depth
Key5=0x44,C,"D" =======>; Dive

This is variant, but not for me. With all my stupidity, I play away from keyboard, only with mouse. Even, my "command_en.cfg" has no contains any key commands, except arrows for camera and +,- and Enter for time compression.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anvart (Post 2274898)
... but remain the problem with the click by the mouse on the Depth Dial - "Set_Depth" command... if you will doing your stupidity, antenna will be down, but the radar will work... and who needs it?

I need this, like I say, is acceptable for me.
With "Set_Depth" command and my stupidity, if I dive, there are no problem, because after depth goes under 8-9m, the radar will switch Off.
If don't dive, but set only little deeper, for example, I know the problem and will click Turn On for the radar, and it will go up again.

Why is this irritation, when people experiment with your mods.
"In such a way was conceived", but I'm not happy with this way.
For Stiebler, I leave your original files. Changed only nygm sensors and .cam files.
But here, while the files are in my computer and my SH3 installation, I will experiment with this mod, as I want.
And this forum is just for that, to babbling about "Radar Rotation Problem", whether you like it. Let's people decide, who needs it and what they need.

Детский сад какой-то!:)

LGN1 01-04-15 04:07 PM

Sorry, guys, I'm confused by all your posts. I will examine all the different versions in my private setup and decide what I will use.

Regards, LGN1

coroner 01-05-15 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tycho (Post 2274920)
... Детский сад какой-то!:)

Ха, ха. Наконец сейчас вижу вразумительную речь.
... Напрасно ты написал столько слов :D я всё прекрасно знаю и понимаю... но у нас с тобой разный взгляд на вещи.
Для своего личного использования ты можешь делать всё что угодно... не спрашивая автора. Но для публичного решения просьба не искажать идею мода... и не надо прикрываться мнением людей. Проще всего в таком случае сделать что-нибудь самому, самостоятельно.
Извини за резкость. :timeout:
P.S.
Я не интересуюсь работами Stiebler'а... в своё время, когда я хотел применить мод к NYGM, он отказался ...
Quote:

Originally Posted by LGN1 (Post 2274927)
Sorry, guys, I'm confused by all your posts...

LGN, everything OK... We just had an exchange of views. If you use FM30_UpDown_GWX mod... use it. Just on Mike's ftp scattered about older versions.
The so-called problem, that Tycho sucks from the finger, it's not a problem, it's a different look at the compromise in the addressing of the tasks. Instead of creating own original mods he is trying to do the revision of the mods of other authors. In the mod FM30_UpDown_GWX no problem as such, i think.

drakkhen20 01-06-15 06:51 PM

in all this conversation, what sub model is being used in the pics ? it doesnt look like the stock SH3 model ?

Capt. Morgan 01-07-15 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakkhen20 (Post 2275506)
in all this conversation, what sub model is being used in the pics ...

GUTE FRAGE! (A.K.A. Bump). What a great looking sub, How did you get it into SH3... where did it come from?