SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] [1.5UBM] Typhoon SSBN Career Playable sub (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=184167)

Yamato_NF 06-01-11 07:30 PM

step by step to firing torps/ze mizzles!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brewster (Post 1675441)
I still cant fire my torpedoes or missiles.

Step for step guide please ?

you have to acquire one (1) target, open tube (or tubes) 7-14 for missiles,
and 1-6 for torpedoes. and FIRE AWAY!
(and watch the fireworks! :rotfl2:)
or: if you prefer manual TDC, dont use the periscope and use the hydrophone/attack map for a nuke boat feel!
i will release a new file that will allow you to fire missiles at 100 meters down!
Note: the torpedoes the sub gets HAVE NOT been implemented into the US campaign yet... ill work on that later... atleast you get nuke reloads though! :yeah:

Char 06-01-11 09:09 PM

Yeah,the best way to use those nukes it to launch em at Hydro contacts.I save torpedos for single contacts since a nuke vs single merchant is more unfair than it already is!:haha:

I really need to find a Taskforce full of Carriers or Battleships,That would really be a kill blow to the Japs!I mean,it's bad enough I'm nuking their convys!:haha:

I kinda feel bad for the fish though,And I think I might have created Godzilla,but it was worth it!

EDIT:I just Realized that "German Campaign" got changed to "Soviet Campaign"
****ING AWESOME!Also If ya need any help with play testing let me know,I'm glad to help!

Brewster 06-01-11 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yamato_NF (Post 1675469)
you have to acquire one (1) target, open tube (or tubes) 7-14 for missiles,
and 1-6 for torpedoes. and FIRE AWAY!
(and watch the fireworks! :rotfl2:)
or: if you prefer manual TDC, dont use the periscope and use the hydrophone/attack map for a nuke boat feel!
i will release a new file that will allow you to fire missiles at 100 meters down!
Note: the torpedoes the sub gets HAVE NOT been implemented into the US campaign yet... ill work on that later... atleast you get nuke reloads though! :yeah:

What am i doing wrong ?

i go to my periscope, lock on a target with that "s" button. en hit the big red button. no response at all. same if i use the attack map or the observation scope.
I' m using it on the quick mission battle for midway. in campaign it wont fire to...

Char 06-01-11 09:36 PM

Brester go to Campaign and Check your Crew,I remember that when I started a new carreer,I HAD NO FOWARD TORPEDO OR SENSOR STATION CREW!

Can't fire torps if you have noone to fire them!

Brewster 06-01-11 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Char (Post 1675511)
Brester go to Campaign and Check your Crew,I remember that when I started a new carreer,I HAD NO FOWARD TORPEDO OR SENSOR STATION CREW!

I'm going to do that, then i'll get back here.

Lol here in the Netherlands it's 04:37..

Brewster 06-01-11 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Char (Post 1675511)

Stil no go. al stations fillt but no rockets or torpedoes..

Char 06-01-11 09:50 PM

wait no weapons?Do you have 1.4 or 1.5/U-boat Missions?

you need 1.5/U-Boat Missions to play this Mod as the weapons are covered under the German Torpedo data.That's also why I think it changed "German Campaign" to "Soviet Campaign"

God that looks so good in the main menu!

Brewster 06-01-11 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Char (Post 1675520)
wait no weapons?Do you have 1.4 or 1.5/U-boat Missions?

you need 1.5/U-Boat Missions to play this Mod as the weapons are covered under the German Torpedo data.That's also why I think it changed "German Campaign" to "Soviet Campaign"

God that looks so good in the main menu!

1.5v u-boat missions did 2 re- installs today..

ps: tubes are all armed. but the just wont fire.

Char 06-01-11 10:03 PM

Alright Well I'm all out of ideas.Good luck man.

Brewster 06-01-11 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Char (Post 1675529)
Alright Well I'm all out of ideas.Good luck man.

Thanks..

How do you did it?

colonelCJ 06-02-11 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhapprich (Post 1675428)
nothing to get since he got it from me...but it seems to work now.:yeah:

'Seems?'
:yawn: jokes.

Alright. ill be on bug report duty as normal :salute:

CJ

Yamato_NF 06-02-11 11:31 AM

LOL!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Char (Post 1675507)
Yeah,the best way to use those nukes it to launch em at Hydro contacts.I save torpedos for single contacts since a nuke vs single merchant is more unfair than it already is!:haha:

I really need to find a Taskforce full of Carriers or Battleships,That would really be a kill blow to the Japs!I mean,it's bad enough I'm nuking their convys!:haha:

I kinda feel bad for the fish though,And I think I might have created Godzilla,but it was worth it!

EDIT:I just Realized that "German Campaign" got changed to "Soviet Campaign"
****ING AWESOME!Also If ya need any help with play testing let me know,I'm glad to help!

:rotfl2:i know, its "kind of" unfair, but fun :haha:
i might also rename the Typhoon to "Red October" :rock: for the Tom Clancy fans out there.
i might also increase the Nuke blast power to "real" levels... once i find the value.... :doh:
P.S. any play testers are appreciated.
Yamato_NF

G_Ruark 06-02-11 11:36 AM

Not firing nukes

Brewster,

I had the same problem last night, you have to hit button "Q" on US keyboards to open missile and torpedo bay doors to fire. Some pretty dramatic animations if i do say so! Many thanks to the people who created this monster! :up:

Yamato_NF 06-02-11 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G_Ruark (Post 1675963)
Brewster,

I had the same problem last night, you have to hit button "Q" on US keyboards to open missile and torpedo bay doors to fire. Some pretty dramatic animations if i do say so! Many thanks to the people who created this monster! :up:

thank Jhapprich for the mod, i only coverted it to standalone,
hats off JH! :salute:
P.S. yes, ze mizziles need the doors OPEN to fire!:rotfl2:

I am also debating releasing an Ultra Quiet, Super stealthly version for the evil ones out there! (more nuke reloads, sonar that can detect a DD at Ahead Flank @ 60 NM, more torp reloads, 50 RPM engines, making you virtually undetectible, and a bunch of other things.)
Red October on steriods if i do say so! :yep:
so stay tuned!

Char 06-02-11 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G_Ruark (Post 1675963)
Brewster,

I never thought of that.Seeing as most of the people who have played this and SH3 for a long time,wouldn't run into this probelm.:)

I'll test that right now. Await for an Edit soon.
EDIT: Damn Yamato beat me to it!:DL But yeah,then doors will not automatically open when you hit the fire button.no need to strenthen the Nukes,I just One Shot a Yamato with one!Mabye increase the blast radius from 3,000 to 5,000 meters?

On the Super Red October: Just make it Fly and turn invisible when you Rig it for Silent Running!:haha: