SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   DW Mission Designers' Forum (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=191)
-   -   Conn, sonar! Crazy Ivan! Kinda. (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=103369)

Enigma 01-08-07 12:55 PM

Conn, sonar! Crazy Ivan! Kinda.

I've been trying to get an Akula to perform the best simulation of a crazy Ivan I can create. I set his way point to turn from 270 to 000 and increase speed to 20 knots. She should then continue on 00 for just over 500 yards, then come right to course 090 and go to flank.

Problem is, everytime I run the mission in real time to test it, the Akula ends up making the hard right to 000, then she keeps coming around back to 180 and stops at 0 knots. She then floats there at 0 knts seemingly with the rudder stuck in full right. I cant figure out why it isnt following the waypoints....

Any suggestions?

Bill Nichols 01-08-07 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enigma
I've been trying to get an Akula to perform the best simulation of a crazy Ivan I can create. I set his way point to turn from 270 to 000 and increase speed to 20 knots. She should then continue on 00 for just over 500 yards, then come right to course 090 and go to flank.

Problem is, everytime I run the mission in real time to test it, the Akula ends up making the hard right to 000, then she keeps coming around back to 180 and stops at 0 knots. She then floats there at 0 knts seemingly with the rudder stuck in full right. I cant figure out why it isnt following the waypoints....

Any suggestions?

I would try using scripts instead of waypoints. Add a destination event where you want the crazy ivan to occur. When the Akula reaches the destination, trigger the script. It should say something like, "Set Course to 000 for xx secs AND Set Speed to 20 for XX secs." Have a second trigger set to fire xx seconds after the first. This one runs a different script that says something like "Set Course to 090 for yy secs AND Set speed to (whatever Flank is) for yy secs"

Let us know how it works out.

SeaQueen 01-08-07 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Nichols
I would try using scripts instead of waypoints. Add a destination event where you want the crazy ivan to occur. When the Akula reaches the destination, trigger the script. It should say something like, "Set Course to 000 for xx secs AND Set Speed to 20 for XX secs." Have a second trigger set to fire xx seconds after the first. This one runs a different script that says something like "Set Course to 090 for yy secs AND Set speed to (whatever Flank is) for yy secs"

I wish there was a way to make it do more random sorts of things. It's almost like they need some sort of generic random number generator in the scripting language.

One of the shortcomings of scripting too much is that it can limit replayability by making the scenario so rigid.

Enigma 01-09-07 12:38 AM

Thanks Bill,

Im off to Vegas for a few days but I'll try that when I get back and see how it works out. i'll let you know....

kage 01-19-07 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeaQueen
I wish there was a way to make it do more random sorts of things. It's almost like they need some sort of generic random number generator in the scripting language.

One of the shortcomings of scripting too much is that it can limit replayability by making the scenario so rigid.

Details upcoming.