SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Questions to modders (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=206346)

tubby_tar_head 12-10-14 09:15 PM

Questions to moders

Hi I'm a really big noob. I was wonder is it possible to download mods to the cd version of the game?

Aktungbby 12-10-14 10:04 PM

welcome aboard!

tubby_tar_head! :Kaleun_Salute:

Jimbuna 12-11-14 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tubby_tar_head (Post 2267690)
Hi I'm a really big noob. I was wonder is it possible to download mods to the cd version of the game?

Yes and welcome to SubSim :sunny:

ReallyDedPoet 12-11-14 08:48 AM

Welcome tth :-)

JeromeHeretic 12-13-18 01:17 AM

Is there somebody who has an idea how is working lightning cross (or threads, i don't know right term) in periscope and UZO? I want create watch with shining "radiocative" luminophor and i got idea, that it can be done in the same way as this shining cross.

PETC 12-25-18 04:54 PM

Not sure if this is the correct place for this, and I'm sure someone on here covered this multiple times across multiple years, but I can't find anything.

Has anyone ever made a mod that allows independent control over both port/starboard engines/motors? Additionally, are there any mods out there that allow the use of the electric motors on the surface? Seems like these would both be things a real commander would be able to do and the more I play their absence very slightly annoys me.

Fingers crossed there's something out there.

Anvar1061 12-26-18 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PETC (Post 2583165)
Not sure if this is the correct place for this, and I'm sure someone on here covered this multiple times across multiple years, but I can't find anything.

Has anyone ever made a mod that allows independent control over both port/starboard engines/motors? Additionally, are there any mods out there that allow the use of the electric motors on the surface? Seems like these would both be things a real commander would be able to do and the more I play their absence very slightly annoys me.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/images/smilies/39.gifhttp://brat01.mybb.by/img/smilies/My...t/dontknow.gif

GOZO 12-26-18 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wreford-Brown (Post 2095579)
Not sure how to turn it off as default, but when the game loads press I to bring up the ammunition screen and uncheck the autoload box on the top left.

:up: yep. Same as with SH4.

Fifi 12-26-18 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PETC (Post 2583165)

SH5 TWOS does it :D

PETC 01-02-19 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2583227)
SH5 TWOS does it :D

That'd be real helpful if I was playing SH5. :Kaleun_Wink:

On another note, is there any way to remove the interior fog inside the submarine? I'm playing with FM Interior and It'd be great to be able to stand at one end of the boat and see more than 10 feet in front of my face. I searched and couldn't find anything, and if you guys know a better spot for this question just point me in that direction.

Thanks!

Jeff-Groves 01-02-19 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PETC (Post 2584457)
On another note, is there any way to remove the interior fog inside the submarine? I'm playing with FM Interior and It'd be great to be able to stand at one end of the boat and see more than 10 feet in front of my face. I searched and couldn't find anything, and if you guys know a better spot for this question just point me in that direction.

Thanks!

In the NSS_UBoat7_CR.dat (Command Room) are 139 occurrences of fog. (and that is a stock command room)
(Scanned with 010 editor)
Many I suspect are particles settings but still you'd need to check each one to do what you want.

PETC 01-02-19 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves (Post 2584459)
In the NSS_UBoat7_CR.dat (Command Room) are 139 occurrences of fog. (and that is a stock command room)
(Scanned with 010 editor)
Many I suspect are particles settings but still you'd need to check each one to do what you want.

Sounds like a long painful process... perhaps I'll dive in this weekend. Thanks for at least giving me a direction to go in.