SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [Req]Smoke on the Horizon (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=170275)

rededge 05-28-10 04:59 AM

[Req]Smoke on the Horizon

Maybe there is already a fix available for this, but is there any way of stopping messages like "Smoke on the Horizon" and "Ship Spotted" when you are in fact submerged? :06:

raymond6751 05-28-10 05:14 AM

Umm

Are you looking through the scope when this happens?

I've noticed that putting up the scope is real helpful, since it seems somebody else is looking over my shoulder. Before I actually spot anything, some guy shouts out the contact!

Now that is downright nice to have if there are aircraft up there. You need all the warning you can get. It just isn't realistic.

TheDarkWraith 05-28-10 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raymond6751 (Post 1405355)

I've noticed that putting up the scope is real helpful, since it seems somebody else is looking over my shoulder. Before I actually spot anything, some guy shouts out the contact!

Now that is downright nice to have if there are aircraft up there. You need all the warning you can get. It just isn't realistic.

so this happens submerged with scopes down? I haven't encountered this (yet) is why I ask. If so, I need to fix this in my UIs mod. That's not right.

rededge 05-28-10 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raymond6751 (Post 1405355)

Hmm, now you mention that..................I can't remember!
I think I was at the hydrophone station and then control room, and the message box was filling up with contacts (I'm moving slowly at periscope depth through the English Channel), and some clever dick is shouting out about ship spotted, and smoke on the horizon.

For 20 metres under the sea, that's skillful :shifty:

I'll report back with more specifics, but something amiss there. Could it potentially be a mod conflict?
Gut instinct tells me it isn't, but I've never run the game stock and have always had loads of mods active.
Just wondering if this is a common occurence, and others are experiencing the same thing?

Ivaj 06-03-12 02:03 PM

This is happening to me when submerged and on use of option for sonarman of total revelation!

I think for any reason the program confuses the messages and it should be "sound contactac, mechant, baring.... moving away " and thus!

Weissman 06-10-12 07:53 AM

Smoke on the horizon - NOT

Just saw this thread, I have posted same problem elsewhere.
I get the message when submerged - even at 200 metres - and periscope down. No mods!
Kim

TheDarkWraith 06-10-12 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weissman (Post 1895748)
Just saw this thread, I have posted same problem elsewhere.
I get the message when submerged - even at 200 metres - and periscope down. No mods!
Kim

It's going to take an exe patch to fix :shifty: Another one of those 'missed' QA things

THE_MASK 06-10-12 04:15 PM

I have never had this problem .

mobucks 06-11-12 10:08 AM

Pics at 200m depth or it diddn't happen.:yeah: Would'nt want the overworked TDW to be chasing red herrings without proper testing. Post your modsoup too!