SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   Issue with Wolves of Steel mod. (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=233898)

dashyr 10-21-17 04:54 PM

Issue with Wolves of Steel mod.

Everything works but for some reasons the charts shows up as black. Game dosent freeze theres just a big black box where the chart should have been.

Hope somebody can help. It is kind of annoying. Sure I can print most charts I need but having them ingame is handy.:hmmm:

gambla 11-01-17 09:44 AM

Hard to tell. Maybe your GPU runs out of video memory ? If and which mods are you running ?

SatrusK2 12-21-17 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dashyr (Post 2519649)
Everything works but for some reasons the charts shows up as black. Game dosent freeze theres just a big black box where the chart should have been.

Hope somebody can help. It is kind of annoying. Sure I can print most charts I need but having them ingame is handy.:hmmm:

Hello,

This happened to me.
What I thought was that they went black due to user privileges. The game did not have read permissions for the charts. My solution is to run the game as an administrator and it works!

I hope I could have been helpful!

Good hunting and happy Christmas! :Kaleun_Cheers:

SK2

Cyborg322 12-21-17 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dashyr (Post 2519649)

This is a common problem posted many times normally Admin Privileges fixes it or by changing the DPI Scaling in the same way ( Right Click on SH5.exe and properties)

Simon

XenonSurf 12-21-17 02:24 PM

It is best to install all SH games OUTSIDE of the standard Ubisoft folders upon install and NOT in the Program Files (x86) folder, so you avoid all trouble with Admin settings etc.
IIRC this is written in line 1 of the TWOS install guide...

THEBERBSTER 12-21-17 06:01 PM

Hi Guys
TWOS uses a useful installation path of C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5.
Even if you are using a different drive changing the first letter back to C for TWOS updates is easy enough to do.
Peter

Sauroketh 12-27-17 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyborg322 (Post 2532257)
This is a common problem posted many times normally Admin Privileges fixes it or by changing the DPI Scaling in the same way ( Right Click on SH5.exe and properties)

Simon

Sorry, sir, DPI scaling what?
anything similar in my compatibility options is

"High resolution scaling" (scrollable window, offers the game or the system to manage this scaling) [third option starting from the bottom]

and "Turn off full-screen optimization" check-box [second option starting from the bottom].

Which is the DPI Scaling you mean, sir?

P.S. The chart box appears even in BUNKER, small, empty, im the middle of the screen. It is not BIG EMPTY, as reported several messages before. And, really, game DOES NOT FREEZE at the start (supposedly skipping some necessary files?!), that's the similar symptom.
But still, I'd better ask again, are you sure it's the same issue we are talking about?

Not that I'm boasting nor complaining... but no matter how I grubbed in the game it's the first time I get a thing that ugly... WITHOUT MY INTERFERENCE!!!

Regarding the path...
My install path has always been somwhere in drive E:, kind of E:\3D\SH\5\DAS.BOOT or E:\3D\SH\5\TWoS,
I have re-installed everything from zero (wipe disk and let's go...) dozens of times due to my multiple experiments, but it's the first time this bug occurs.

vdr1981 12-27-17 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sauroketh (Post 2533385)
Sorry, sir, DPI scaling what?
anything similar in my compatibility options is

"High resolution scaling" (scrollable window, offers the game or the system to manage this scaling) [third option starting from the bottom]

and "Turn off full-screen optimization" check-box [second option starting from the bottom].

Which is the DPI Scaling you mean, sir?

P.S. The chart box appears even in BUNKER, small, empty, im the middle of the screen. It is not BIG EMPTY, as reported several messages before. And, really, game DOES NOT FREEZE at the start (supposedly skipping some necessary files?!), that's the similar symptom.
But still, I'd better ask again, are you sure it's the same issue we are talking about?

Not that I'm boasting nor complaining... but no matter how I grubbed in the game it's the first time I get a thing that ugly... WITHOUT MY INTERFERENCE!!!

Regarding the path...
My install path has always been somwhere in drive E:, kind of E:\3D\SH\5\DAS.BOOT or E:\3D\SH\5\TWoS,
I have re-installed everything from zero (wipe disk and let's go...) dozens of times due to my multiple experiments, but it's the first time this bug occurs.

Do you run your game as an administrator?
Did you install required DX9.0c?
Does your main game install folder have removed read only attributes?
Did you try to use SH5.exe win7 compatibility options (I suppose that you use win10)?

XenonSurf 12-27-17 04:38 PM

All has been said above, I just want to add this because it may help:
I have to set in my Nvidia Control Panel the Skaling to Fullscreen set by Display (not GPU), or the game will show grafic glitches like in your case. If you have an AMD card there is a similar setting to check and set if necessary.

THEBERBSTER 12-27-17 07:00 PM

Hi Sauroketh
There are 4 fixes in this link
Total Black Screen > Sound No Picture > Picture No Sound Fixes < Windows 10 Creator Version 1703 Fixes

DirectX 9.0C > Download

Post #239 Changing The Nvidia GPU Settings
Peter