SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [TEC] Question - damage effects and library (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=228445)

VonDos 11-17-16 07:01 PM

Question - damage effects and library

Hi everyone!
A question for all modders here:
I'm working to a new ship model, and i'm using library objects to compose unit in different configurations during war.
My question is: how can i render damage effects on a library object (bullets and torpedo holes) ?

Thanks everyone!

Best regards,
Vd.

HanSolo78 11-19-16 04:25 AM

Well... if you ask me I would say that it is the same behaviour like in a ship folder! Make a .val file with the visual damage controller (which is assigned to your .dat file)

But ... plz be sure every ID is new!

Kendras 11-19-16 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HanSolo78 (Post 2447410)
Well... if you ask me I would say that it is the same behaviour like in a ship folder! Make a .val file with the visual damage controller (which is assigned to your .dat file)

I don't think so. See your U-Boat : when you take damage on the turm, there is no visual damage effect, even if the controller is in the .val file in the Objects folder...

:k_confused:

HanSolo78 11-19-16 07:02 AM

Ok, maybe I am wrong... but it should be testet!

Otherwise... maybe it is possible to have several "visual damage controlers" in the ship. val file !? :hmm2:

Tycho 11-19-16 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kendras (Post 2447422)
I don't think so. See your U-Boat : when you take damage on the turm, there is no visual damage effect, even if the controller is in the .val file in the Objects folder...

:k_confused:

"VisualDamage" controller, counts hit points. The hit points are found in the "ColisionableObject" controller and in the "Zones.cfg" file.
The turms have hit points in "Zones.cfg" (31=TowerWatch), but "VisualDamage" controller maybe read hit points only from "ColisionableObject" controller and the turms don't have this controller, only submarine's body have it.

Just speculate, I don't have time for tests.

Kendras 11-19-16 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tycho (Post 2447455)
"VisualDamage" controller, counts hit points. The hit points are found in the "ColisionableObject" controller and in the "Zones.cfg" file.
The turms have hit points in "Zones.cfg" (31=TowerWatch), but "VisualDamage" controller maybe read hit points only from "ColisionableObject" controller and the turms don't have this controller, only submarine's body have it.

Just speculate, I don't have time for tests.

If you add a "ColisionableObject" controller in the .zon file of the turm, the submarine becomes uncontrolable. So, it's not possible to add damage texture to the sub-objects, I guess...

HanSolo78 11-19-16 02:44 PM

It is definitely possible. I know there were mods Made for the player sub which had the conning Tower destroyable.

VonDos 11-21-16 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HanSolo78 (Post 2447410)

Just tested this solution...

:Kaleun_Cheers: It work!!!

Now my unit can change main hull design year by year (I've a couple of different hulls, with different details, livery ecc into a library\lib.dat file and the original one hidden into sea\ship.dat file)... and damage can be seen!!
Thanks!
Vd

HanSolo78 11-22-16 12:26 AM

Great! :up::salute:

EDIT: Just got my beer :Kaleun_Cheers:

Prometheus 11-22-16 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VonDos (Post 2447893)
Just tested this solution...

:Kaleun_Cheers: It work!!!

Now my unit can change main hull design year by year (I've a couple of different hulls, with different details, livery ecc into a library\lib.dat file and the original one hidden into sea\ship.dat file)... and damage can be seen!!
Thanks!
Vd

:Kaleun_Applaud: