SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=264)
-   -   Release dates (iOS, Mac, PC, Linux) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=209302)

v-i-c- 11-20-13 10:49 AM

Release dates (iOS, Mac, PC, Linux)

I'll announce estimated release dates for the different versions of WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic in this thread.

There will be several different version of WOTA for different platforms.

Almost every day someone asks for the release date. It's sometimes really hard to make a good guess when it's still in the works. I've announced many estimated release dates before and my estimations failed terribly because I love to improve WOTA.
Please don't ask for a release date, I will post them in this thread.

v-i-c- 11-20-13 10:54 AM

WOTA: Seehund Type XXVIIb (the subsim about the Seehund midget submarine)

Release date: delayed because of "WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic - Arcade Missions"
Platform: iOS

Release date means the date of uploading the title to Apple, they still have to review it before it goes live on the store.

Gotmilk 11-29-13 07:39 AM

After all those years it finally does have an ETA! :salute:

Congrats and hope that reaching that goal goes without any complications.

v-i-c- 12-25-13 02:18 AM

WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic - u 96 (Type VIIc, full realism but campaign works without a map)

Release date: April 2014
Platform: iOS

biosthetique 01-06-14 10:33 AM

Outstanding!....It sounds realistic!....And congratulations!

v-i-c- 02-20-14 08:36 PM

New estimated release date for WOTA U 96 is April 2014

v-i-c- 04-01-14 09:42 AM

No chance for April…

The work on the Type VII command room took an unbelievable amount of time. And this monster is still unfinished!

flag4 05-26-14 05:46 AM

any chance for Android?

v-i-c- 05-26-14 11:10 AM

Not planned at the moment maybe after the desktop versions.

v-i-c- 05-26-14 11:11 AM

I'm still working on it. Some things are taking longer because I don't want to "fake" them - like the propulsion and engine.

JotDora 05-27-14 03:15 AM

Wow, never heard about WOTA.
Did not Play subsims for some time (after the last Silent Hunter disaster) but that Looks very good.
I will buy it right after it came out and would love to see a Desktop Version!

Take your time and release it when you're satisfied with your sim.

All the best and greetings from Germany

Sebastian

P.S.: Don't go too low with your Price in the app store.

jokker 06-02-14 09:31 AM

Any news on a release date?

I much prefer the iPad for gaming now. I think you're on the right track. The tablet is the platform of the future.

Count on me as a customer.

BTW, I agree with the idea of getting it in good shape prior to release. I have 13 games under my belt and its easy to use the excuse "will patch quickly" as a justification for getting it out before it's ready. Rarely appreciated by customer. But then again a few bugs are often found with customer help. QC/beta doesnt find them all, never on the PC, too many permutations. Tablet development is a plus with a more stable platform, iPad especially.

bob

v-i-c- 06-02-14 09:37 AM

Same as a few days before…

Kommandant_Wesser 06-25-14 10:58 PM

ETA?

I saw this, and i was wondering when it is going to be out. i would like to make this game my First Video game review for youtube and i would have to say this game looks great for a IOS platform.

v-i-c- 06-26-14 12:50 AM

Working on it all day. But I've added much more accurate realism to the physics simulation as I wanted (for this version) some months ago (hydrodynamics of ballast tanks, propulsion, even diesel itself, guns, aircraft, ASDIC etc.) to match the real thing without the usual fakes of other games. The good thing is that since some months I can talk with the former chief engineer of a Type VII about these things.

In other words WOTA: U 96 has a much better simulation under the hood than I wanted. Example: when blowing the ballast tanks it even calculates the speed of the air at the nozzle and checks if it's supersonic or not and the calculation of the mass flow of air changes depending on this. That's nothing the player has to think about but the result of all the details is what changes the overall game play because it changes the behavior of the vessels to a much more realistic experience.

Still want to release ASAP.