SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Unable to dock at Brisbane or Pearl Harbor (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=238490)

Aoogahman 08-30-18 04:35 PM

Unable to dock at Brisbane or Pearl Harbor

Following my last career mission I was given a new boat and assigned to Brisbane. I completed the mission objective, to patrol off the Marshall Islands. Then sank 18,000 tons, was low on fuel, and had 2 torpedoes remained fore and aft. On returning to Brisbane the only choice was to refit, which I did. Then went back out on patrol again and sank another 7,000 tons. On returning to Brisbane I could still only refit. This time I motored to Pearl Harbor, thinking maybe I had to return to my original base in order to dock, but still could only refit. This is becoming an endless patrol.

Anybody know how to end this mission and still keep on the career track?:06:

jimmbbo 08-30-18 05:12 PM

I recall that happening a while back... IIRC, I saved the game and reloaded it and the correct base showed up on the reload.
:Kaleun_Cheers:

propbeanie 08-30-18 05:16 PM

For whatever reason, some of the boats that transfer to Brisbane, get sent to Fremantle the very next time out (crybaby Christie??), so look for the slanted anchor that signifies "Home", and it might be over on the Western Australia side of things, and not Wellington... :salute:

mikesn9 08-31-18 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2567064)
For whatever reason, some of the boats that transfer to Brisbane, get sent to Fremantle the very next time out (crybaby Christie??), so look for the slanted anchor that signifies "Home", and it might be over on the Western Australia side of things, and not Wellington... :salute:

That happened to me on one patrol also.

torpedobait 08-31-18 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2567064)

I've also had the reverse happen, getting transferred to Perth-Fremantle from Surabaya, and in the middle of the next patrol having the home base change to Brisbane. Just a quirk, I'd guess.

Hint: Always check for the location of the tilted anchor before heading back to "base".

mikesn9 08-31-18 09:55 AM

[QUOTE=hint: Always check for the location of the tilted anchor before heading back to "base".[/QUOTE]

So true! After that patrol, I always check.

jimmbbo 08-31-18 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torpedobait (Post 2567140)
Hint: Always check for the location of the tilted anchor before heading back to "base".

AMEN!! Nothing quite like starting back after a very successful patrol and getting halfway to a base that no longer exists without enough diesel to make it to a refit facility... :damn:
Found out that CINCPAC sent the "base change" in a radio message I must have missed in the heat of battle...

propbeanie 08-31-18 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmbbo (Post 2567163)
... starting back after a very successful patrol and getting halfway to a base that no longer exists without enough diesel to make it to a refit facility... :damn: ...

Wel-ell-ellll... So, you admit culpability in endangering your crew's lives, as well as losing a government-issued vessel in perfect working order?... There will be no investigation here - in fact, we don't even need a trial - To the guillotine with him! - er, what? We don't do that in today's Navy?... To the firing squad then! - er what? We don't do that either in today's Navy?... Hang 'em?... wellllll... what ~can~ we do to him then?... Call fireftr18? He'll put 'em to good use?... Consider it done! :salute:

:har:

Aoogahman 08-31-18 02:49 PM

It Was Fremantle

Many thanks to all for the helpful insights. :salute:

Sure enough, the base (the tilted anchor one) was moved from Brisbane to Fremantle, probably while I was taking a nap. But whatever, I was finally able to dock, and the relief from not having to endlessly wander the World's oceans looking for a home made my day. Kevin Costner would be happy for me (Waterworld).

Gotta love this game! It's a continual learning experience and just chock full of little clues, like the tilted anchor, that the developers have been trying to keep secret. And gotta love the Subsim community for digging them all out and passing them along!

jimmbbo 09-01-18 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2567173)
Wel-ell-ellll... So, you admit culpability in endangering your crew's lives, as well as losing a government-issued vessel in perfect working order?... There will be no investigation here - in fact, we don't even need a trial - To the guillotine with him! - er, what? We don't do that in today's Navy?... To the firing squad then! - er what? We don't do that either in today's Navy?... Hang 'em?... wellllll... what ~can~ we do to him then?... Call fireftr18? He'll put 'em to good use?... Consider it done! :salute:

Not so fast, Darth Vader! That is what the SAVE GAME feature is for!! Sadly, I saved the game before sinking two passenger liners... :wah:

fireftr18 09-05-18 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2567173)

:Kaleun_Salute:

I think cleaning up the Bilge Galley after Wolferz is through fixing Bilge Stew, then cleaning the Bilge head after Wolferz is through using it (After eating Bilge Stew of course).

propbeanie 09-05-18 07:35 PM

:yeah: :har: :salute: