SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Helosim.com and Flight Sims (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=216)
-   -   II/JG53 virtual squadron (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=129588)

kurtz 10-08-08 11:15 AM

I joined! Just a bit of a bump really;)

Valantine 10-08-08 07:08 PM

It seems as though the chaps with practice down in the deep blue are also rather handy up there in the light blue!
Great to see so many Subsim chaps coming over to fly with us, although you could leave the lice in your subs next time! :arrgh!:
V

Kratos 10-09-08 07:32 AM

Quote:

although you could leave the lice in your subs next time! :arrgh!:
Would that be the flied or boiled kind :lol:

Valantine 11-26-08 06:58 PM

A quick heads up for you chaps over here: Mission turn outs have been on brilliant the past few weeks with 12+ pilots turning up making missions really good fun - the more pilots the more indepth and difficult the missions are, a prime example being several missions against rather large B17 formations of 40+ aircraft.
As always though, the more the merrier ;)
V

Valantine 12-23-08 08:45 PM

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t...asFromJG53.jpg

Dowly 12-23-08 11:30 PM

Merry Christmas! :up:

Valantine 01-01-09 12:04 AM

A quick update:
II./JG53 has now started its own Luftkriegsschule - this new and exciting training program will enable all of our new recruits to hone their skills right off the mark with the help of our highly experienced Training Officers.
We have also begun to create a fast track program for new recruits who show potential and above average teamwork ability.
So now is a fantastic and exciting time to join JG53 - why not drop by our website at www.iijg53.com to check out all the new changes, and why not visit the forums and hae a browse through our public accessibly areas for a glimpse into group life!.
I look forward to seeing you soon!
V

Task Force 01-01-09 12:13 AM

so, what times do the different groups fly?:-?

Valantine 01-01-09 03:00 AM

UK /EU section are at 20:00 GMT on Tuesdays and Sundays

Aus/NZ section varies depending on Anto's work/uni times - normally works out at around 09:00GMT on Wednesdays and Sundays

USA/Can section are currently only flying in the above missions and are not hosting in their own time zone. This is something that is being worked on and we will hopefull ahve one of the guys ready to host by the end of February at the lastest. Just our senior chap in Rote has had to go offline due to family commitments and the other senior chap who can host works shifts that rarely favour being on late US EST time.

That is just the official mission times - pretty much every evening you will find people about either doing training or messing around on Hyperlobby with either dogfighting or Co-ops.
I hope that helps.
V

Orion2012 01-06-09 11:21 PM

You guys still looking for more pilots and do you guys do any kind of training? I don't think I've ever used a german plane and don't wanna make a total fool of myself

Kratos 01-07-09 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orion2012
You guys still looking for more pilots and do you guys do any kind of training? I don't think I've ever used a german plane and don't wanna make a total fool of myself

Might be better posting your Question over at the site, www.iijg53.com I think you'll get a quicker reply.

Orion2012 01-07-09 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kratos
Quote:

Might be better posting your Question over at the site, www.iijg53.com I think you'll get a quicker reply.

Will do, thanks Kratos.

Dowly 01-07-09 07:38 PM

AFAIK, JG53 is always recruiting new pilots. :up:

Orion2012 01-08-09 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dowly
AFAIK, JG53 is always recruiting new pilots. :up:

I'm still tinkering with a 109 some. Not a huge difference in actual flying, just need to alter my high AOA and learn to use that power!

No more Zoom and Boom for me boys!

Dowly 01-08-09 03:21 AM

Make sure you practice with the 109G2 as that's what the JG53 uses.

Quote:

No more Zoom and Boom for me boys!

Why's that? That's where the 109 shines with it's high rate of climb. :yep: