SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter III (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   SH3 Hints and Keyboard Tricks (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=101924)

AVGWarhawk 12-12-06 08:50 AM

SH3 Hints and Keyboard Tricks

OK, there is a thread on one diesel engine not working. Many did not know the engine was recharging the batteries. I would like to start this thread on the premise that if you hit a key or combination of keys something happens, ie right clicking an officers back will put you at his station. So please add a key or key combination that allows you to do something to this thead.

I stated in that thread on the diesel engine that you can ask the engineer for standard propulsion(both engines work) for more speed. In other words, the engineer stops the charging and brings the second diesel online for more speed.

Please make an entry! I bet we all might learn something new even after playing for two years or more!:know:

mookiemookie 12-12-06 08:58 AM

Left clicking one compartment and then right clicking another will completely fill up the left clicked compartment with crew from the right clicked compartment. :know:

mookiemookie 12-12-06 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
Quote:

Originally Posted by mookiemookie
Left clicking one compartment and then right clicking another will completely fill up the left clicked compartment with crew from the right clicked compartment. :know:

Now that I did not know! I'm tired of moving each crewman individually:down:

You can also double click a compartment and it will fill it with enough crewmen to operate, but not all the way full. Double clicking a compartment also swaps out the red exclamation mark crewmen for fresh ones.

Lanzfeld 12-12-06 10:09 AM

Shift+PageUp or Pagedown adjusts the sun glare effect of Nvidia cards.

Cpt. Stewker 12-12-06 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanzfeld
Shift+PageUp or Pagedown adjusts the sun glare effect of Nvidia cards.

Just an additional note (you'll find this out the first time you do it) you will lose AA/AF when you adust it higher.

Albrecht Von Hesse 12-12-06 12:06 PM

Control-F8 toggles a little box at the top of the screen that displays your frame rate.

mookiemookie 12-12-06 12:49 PM

ctrl+insert raises your observation periscope all the way, ctrl+delete lowers it all the way. ctrl+pageup raises the attack scope all the way, ctrl+pagedown lowers it all the way.

NoLine 12-12-06 12:57 PM

press the shipname in persicope view and it will bring up the correct recognition manual page

cheers
NoLine

mookiemookie 12-12-06 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoLine
press the shipname in persicope view and it will bring up the correct recognition manual page

cheers
NoLine

Wow! There's one I didn't know. Will definately be using this one!

Schatten 12-12-06 01:37 PM

Using the ctrl keys along with the appropriate up and down buttons I did know, but the clicking on the ship's name to open the recognition manual to the right page I did not. Thanks for sharing that one!

I do so hate fumbling through the book when I have to do some fast torpedo depth setting changes on multiple tubes for different targets. That'll save a ton of time. :up:

Jimbuna 12-12-06 04:55 PM

Pressing 'D' when your tired and feeling sleepy often leads to CHS (crushed hull syndrome) :rotfl:

Albrecht Von Hesse 12-12-06 06:03 PM

Control-left click will center your U-boat on the map exactly where you've placed the cursor when you've clicked.

NoLine 12-12-06 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoLine

cheers
NoLine

I meant to say : press "Ship : ", infront of the shipname to bring up the correct page :oops:

cheers
NoLine

TarJak 12-12-06 09:13 PM

Switching on manual TDC data give you a bunch of new things to do when lining up a shot. You have to ID the ship type, range, speed and AOB. Or you can let your weps do it for you by clicking on him then clicking on the idnetify target and prepare solution buttons.

I love seeing if I can get the range right using the line on the scope then getting weps to have his shot.

THE_MASK 12-12-06 09:30 PM

Right clicking on the officers faces on the bottom panel will bring up the full screen dials for you too use.