SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL] MightyFine Crew Mod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=163591)

Heretic 03-10-10 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piri_reis (Post 1306674)
I did a search for 'weather' but didn't come up with any useful pointers:
Just one, UPCData\UPCCrewData\CrewMembers3D.upc file,
it looks like it's got some definitions for normal, hot, cold, rainy weather and an additional 'dirty' state.. :hmmm:

I believe that file is from SH4 and not used in this one.

barryd 03-12-10 10:28 AM

Like someone mentioned earlier, the crewman to the left of the UZO is in my way. Is there an easy way to just delete him from the deck? I mean, I enjoy the extra set of eyes and all but he's all up in my personal space and I've had enough of him bird-dogging me. :)
Thanks!

Holin 03-12-10 10:55 AM

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pict...pictureid=1414

In what could be the problem?

Heretic 03-12-10 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barryd (Post 1310683)
Like someone mentioned earlier, the crewman to the left of the UZO is in my way. Is there an easy way to just delete him from the deck? I mean, I enjoy the extra set of eyes and all but he's all up in my personal space and I've had enough of him bird-dogging me. :)
Thanks!

Well, since the main purpose of the mod is to provide a 4 man bridge watch, the easiest way to get rid of him is to uninstall the mod. :03:

Otherwise, you can just edit strategy QRF_PETTY01_Surfaced in file Crew_Idle_Actions_QR1.aix. It's pretty basic as far as scripting goes. And now that I look at it after learning more, it's pretty crudely done. Next version does things much better. The Crew AI Scripting link in my sig will give you all the information you need.

barryd 03-12-10 11:14 AM

ok thanks Heretic. I don't want to uninstall the mod because I like having the watch officer off the UZO as well as the uniforms and other benefits of the mod. I'll dig around the files as you instructed. Thanks again.

Is it possible to just comment out "strategy QRF_PETTY01_Surfaced"?

hector 03-12-10 11:39 AM

Barryd
What i found best to do here is to actually stand in that sailors "exact" place which isnt difficult to do quickly,then i am not aware of him at all anymore.Its like literally stepping into his shoes.
Hope all that makes sense

Hector

redcoat22 03-12-10 06:55 PM

Any updates?

Heretic 03-12-10 07:30 PM

1.1 should be out tonight or tomorrow. It'll be a refined version of the WIP I released earlier in the week. There'll be four versions - original heads or alternate heads, with added beards options for each. Then it's on to 1.2. I have lots of things I want to try.

Heretic 03-13-10 11:04 PM

1.1 released. See first post for details. This version is considerably more complex then before with better transitions on the ladder. Pretty good, I think, but don't expect a professional job. It's still an improvisation.

Hidalgo 03-14-10 03:57 AM

Excellent work Heretic. :yeah:

Improve this mod. :|\\

coronas 03-14-10 04:16 AM

Hats up!
Suggestion: Same clothes and helmets for deck gun crew.
Thanks in advance.
:salute:

etheberge 03-14-10 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heretic (Post 1314167)
1.1 released. See first post for details. This version is considerably more complex then before with better transitions on the ladder. Pretty good, I think, but don't expect a professional job. It's still an improvisation.

I used v1.1 tonight (my first time actually playing the game for real since the 28th, lol) and it worked well. The watch on deck is perfect and the diving animations looked pretty good from the control room and that's the most important part. Of course it would be nice to have completely seamless transitions with all new animations all over the boat but I'm sure that will come in time.

It's truly amazing what this community accomplished in two weeks.

Robert82285 03-14-10 04:55 AM

Quote:

I used v1.1 tonight (my first time actually playing the game for real since the 28th, lol) and it worked well. The watch on deck is perfect and the diving animations looked pretty good from the control room and that's the most important part. Of course it would be nice to have completely seamless transitions with all new animations all over the boat but I'm sure that will come in time.

It's truly amazing what this community accomplished in two weeks.
I couldn't agree more, Great job Heretic ! :up:

Gotmilk 03-14-10 05:21 AM

I love you.... In a manly way :)

JotDora 03-14-10 05:41 AM

Every release is like a christman present!
You're doing a great job, thanks a lot!! :salute::yeah:

Wish you a nice weekend!

Greetings

JotDora