SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   NYGM 3 Super-mod (Current: 3.6 F, January 13th 2015) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=139231)

John Pancoast 11-26-21 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CNchee (Post 2780455)
Stiebler4C_V16B1.7z

problem:
CTD (crash to desktop )when start,,,or no UI menu when enter game

Does anyone have a complete and dyed-in-the-wool solution?
PS:
no matter Stiebler4C_V16B1.7z or V16B1-Patch-Kit will lead to CTD or No Menu words.

You've installed them incorrectly and/or have conflicting mods. They work flawlessly when installed correctly.
Post your mod list.

CNchee 11-29-21 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Pancoast (Post 2780458)
You've installed them incorrectly and/or have conflicting mods. They work flawlessly when installed correctly.
Post your mod list.

yeah,,it is a SH3 coby of other big mod.Now it is ok.I use LSH3-2020-SP to install NYGM all mods.It is correct now.:)

CNchee 11-29-21 08:53 AM

what happened to the deckgun

Now ,,When I create a new carreer,,the deck gun will be destroyed at the beginning,,,could some one tell me the reason and how to sovle it:Kaleun_Salute:

John Pancoast 11-29-21 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CNchee (Post 2780740)
yeah,,it is a SH3 coby of other big mod.Now it is ok.I use LSH3-2020-SP to install NYGM all mods.It is correct now.:)

You should only use the stock version of SH3 to install onto. Installing one megamod (NYGM) onto another (LSH) as you're doing will never work correctly.

Mad Mardigan 12-02-21 03:13 PM

Ahoy... :Kaleun_Cheers:

Interested, in giving NYGM a go... & would.., appreciate a up to date list of just what zip files/folders for it, that I need to grab so as to ensure I have the right ones, grabbed... Thanks.

Don't need the link to where they are, just the up to date info on what zips to get ahold of... :shucks:

:Kaleun_Salute:

M. M.

p.s.

With that, recommendation on a WS mod for it, that can handle 16X9 rez... as well. Thanks.

John Pancoast 12-02-21 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan (Post 2781265)
Ahoy... :Kaleun_Cheers:

Interested, in giving NYGM a go... & would.., appreciate a up to date list of just what zip files/folders for it, that I need to grab so as to ensure I have the right ones, grabbed... Thanks.

Don't need the link to where they are, just the up to date info on what zips to get ahold of... :shucks:

M. M.

p.s.

With that, recommendation on a WS mod for it, that can handle 16X9 rez... as well. Thanks.

The NYGM download site here at subsim has all you need. There is a WS mod made for it at the same site, but as I don't use WS, someone else may have more info. for WS.

edit correction: I use a 1366/768 ws mod by makman for 16/9 that is very well done. Sorry, didn't notice the 16/9 info you posted before. https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=242420

Mad Mardigan 12-02-21 04:08 PM

:Kaleun_Cheers:

Thanks... John. :shucks:

M. M.

Mad Mardigan 12-13-21 03:05 PM

Re: Query...

Ok, have NYGM (main mods) set up & ready to go...

Now, comes the question to wit, is with the optional mods, that are included with MYGM:

G1-1500 meter bearing overlay
G2-Enhanced Nav Map Plotting Tools
G3-Restore Gods Eye View
G4-Harbor Traffic Add-In

(ignore the G#-, before them, the G, stands for graphics... which is what these mods (at least to the best of My knowledge of them, that I can determine, is what they are & do... at any rate :hmmm: :yep:)

In addition, these mods...

NYGM Torpedo Alarm Mod
Sobers 3D waves
vickers03 sea life & Rubini's plankton SH3 mod
S1-Thomsen's sound pack v3.2
Das Boot Clothes
Das Boot Officers mod-with Kaleun
MaGui WS-edited(1360x768)-(this is from 1Alex's GWX set up... )

(The mods that I have edited, as best I know of, to work with SH3... Thomsen's sound, Das Boot Officers... no matter which mod set they are included with... The only 1 that I have not edited yet, to know of it working with NYGM, is the Das Boot clothes & WS set... The WS mod, as I have questions of the menu_1024_768 to ask about, yet still... before I even contemplate including that in... yet. :yep:)

Would appreciate insight into the order to include them in... thanks.

p.s.

The Das Boot mods, are to give it... a Das Boot look & feel to it.

John Pancoast 12-13-21 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan (Post 2782684)
Ok, have NYGM (main mods) set up & ready to go...

Now, comes the question to wit, is with the optional mods, that are included with MYGM:

G1-1500 meter bearing overlay
G2-Enhanced Nav Map Plotting Tools
G3-Restore Gods Eye View
G4-Harbor Traffic Add-In

(ignore the G#-, before them, the G, stands for graphics... which is what these mods (at least to the best of My knowledge of them, that I can determine, is what they are & do... at any rate :hmmm: :yep:)

In addition, these mods...

NYGM Torpedo Alarm Mod
Sobers 3D waves
vickers03 sea life & Rubini's plankton SH3 mod
S1-Thomsen's sound pack v3.2
Das Boot Clothes
Das Boot Officers mod-with Kaleun
MaGui WS-edited(1360x768)-(this is from 1Alex's GWX set up... )

(The mods that I have edited, as best I know of, to work with SH3... Thomsen's sound, Das Boot Officers... no matter which mod set they are included with... The only 1 that I have not edited yet, to know of it working with NYGM, is the Das Boot clothes & WS set... The WS mod, as I have questions of the menu_1024_768 to ask about, yet still... before I even contemplate including that in... yet. :yep:)

Would appreciate insight into the order to include them in... thanks.

p.s.

The Das Boot mods, are to give it... a Das Boot look & feel to it.

No reason any clothes set won't work with most any install including NYGM.
However, regarding the 1360 WS, why not just use one of these ? Plug and play. :)

Mad Mardigan 12-13-21 05:03 PM

Re: Query... Part deux... or... Zweiter teil...

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Pancoast (Post 2782694)
No reason any clothes set won't work with most any install including NYGM.
However, regarding the 1360 WS, why not just use one of these ? Plug and play. :)

Ok, wasn't aware of them... seems Google needs, keel hauling. :D

Still... would be grand to know with that list, just what order should I look at activating it all, in... :hmmm: Thanks.

p.s. Will see of grabbing a WS set up from out of those in that list, from the link
you provided, John. Thanks. :yep: :shucks:

M. M.

phooey 01-20-22 04:56 AM

Hello NYGM team, can I borrow your StrTactMap.tga for my upcoming mod? I'll credit you.

Fifi 03-21-22 12:42 PM

A question for NYGM players:

Could it be possible that a convoy has been previously attacked by AI u-boats before me?

Asking because I launched 2 torp at a tanker, 2 others torp to a cargo, and they all hitted … 2 ships sunk … but while escaping, I spotted a latecomer trying to follow the convoy … was surprised of this behavior, so I flew at him with external camera and noticed he was damaged by a torpedo!
There was even the hole decal of the torpedo hit!
But for sure it was not my own fish :doh:

After so many years, that’s the very first time I experienced that… if intentional, NYGM is truly fantastic :ping:

John Pancoast 03-21-22 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2799797)
A question for NYGM players:

Could it be possible that a convoy has been previously attacked by AI u-boats before me?

Asking because I launched 2 torp at a tanker, 2 others torp to a cargo, and they all hitted … 2 ships sunk … but while escaping, I spotted a latecomer trying to follow the convoy … was surprised of this behavior, so I flew at him with external camera and noticed he was damaged by a torpedo!
There was even the hole decal of the torpedo hit!
But for sure it was not my own fish :doh:

After so many years, that’s the very first time I experienced that… if intentional, NYGM is truly fantastic :ping:

Yes, via the "wolfpacks" attached to some NYGM convoys. They'll spawn when you enter the 3d bubble, though they don't always spawn (on purpose).

SnipersHunter 03-21-22 02:28 PM

NYGM is a masterpiece, even nowadays :Kaleun_Applaud:

Fifi 03-21-22 03:12 PM

WoW so this is truly awesome :yeah:
Stiebler did an incredible work.
NYGM campaign is probably the best I’ve ever played after all those years …