SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   SH3 Commander-The Complete Super Deluxe Thallium Commander's Special Ultimate Edition (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=147237)

Herr-Berbunch 09-06-11 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sittingwolf (Post 1743718)
Hi all. I've got the problem with SH3 Commander and it's config files.
After I patched the game with V15G2, installed SH3 Commander and applied the config files, the game doesn't start. Maybe V15G2 and SH3 Cmdr are not compatible with each other?

I'd have thought if they were incompatible that somebody would've said before now! :o

Sittingwolf 09-06-11 11:14 AM

That's my order of installation:

1.Game
2. LSH3 (I passed GWX, want to try something different)
3. Enable preferable mods but mind PROFILES so the game won't necessarily crash. (I first enable V15G2)
4. Install SH3 Commander.
5. Apply SH3 Cmdr files provided for LSH3.
6. Configure SH3 Cmdr according to preference.

The result: NO RESULT, the game doesn't even start.

Question: what am I doing wrong?

Sailor Steve 09-06-11 11:26 AM

Three questions:

1. What are your system specs. My computer won't run LSH3.

2. When you say it won't start, do you mean it doesn't even try (as in nothing happens at all) or that it crashes at a certain point? If the latter, at what point does it crash?

3. This may seem retarded, but you never know. Where did you install Commander - to your desktop, or inside the game? I won't work from inside the game. It must be in its own folder, and pointed at the game.

Sittingwolf 09-06-11 12:57 PM

My system spec are seem to be able to run any game.

Amd phenom II X6 3.3
GeForce GTX-460 2 gb
8 gb ram
and so on and so on,

but I think I found the reason why It crashes.
That's because I indeed installed SH3 Commander and it's config files
inside the game folder. I mean it is in it's own folder but that folder is situated inside the game folder. And that's probably the mistake I made.

Sailor Steve 09-06-11 01:13 PM

Yeah, it needs its own folder outside of SH3, and even outside the Ubisoft folder.

I just hope that's the problem, so it gets fixed. I'd hate for you to move it and then still have it crash. But if it does, keep trying and keep asking. Between us all, we'll get it sorted out somehow.

Sittingwolf 09-06-11 01:24 PM

No, this isn't it. Still dosn't work. Any ideas?

Magic1111 09-06-11 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sittingwolf (Post 1743882)
No, this isn't it. Still dosn't work. Any ideas?

THANKS GUYS FOR WARM WORDS

Hi Mate !

Please note PM ! :salute:

HUGO 09-08-11 12:36 PM

love this community and the fact that i can keep coming back to a game this old and still have content for it.

Sailor Steve 09-08-11 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HUGO (Post 1745740)
love this community and the fact that i can keep coming back to a game this old and still have content for it.

First post in five years? :o Must be some kind of record. :rock:

Well, for that it's worth, WELCOME ABOARD! :sunny:

Fish In The Water 09-08-11 07:37 PM

Quote:

It is very special in that regard... Was looking at some other 'modding' sites and to be honest, most are light years behind what Subsim has to offer.

Welcome to the surface! :sunny:

Jimbuna 09-09-11 05:18 AM

Quote:

SubSim - Spectemur Agendo http://www.psionguild.org/forums/ima...ies/pirate.gif

Fubar2Niner 09-09-11 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna (Post 1746194)

Got to say I'm most impressed Jim, you learned ol' fart ;)

@HUGO

I'm older and most likely fartier than Jim, but probably the best days work I ever did was joining SubSim :yep: Welcome aboard me hearty :arrgh!:

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner

@Jim please forgive the familiarity, but couldn't resist mate :D

Jimbuna 09-09-11 06:18 PM

Your fine matey....picked that one up because it was the motto from my Police training establishment days (RAF Dishforth).

Sittingwolf 09-11-11 11:14 AM

Sh3 Commander doesn't work for me once more.
I installed the game, then GWX, then mods provided along with JSGME + some from here: Why SH3+GWX3 is the best U-boat sim ever made? To know us (mods and moders) better... .Restarted the computer. On top of everything I installed SH3 Commander and config files.

The result: game without SH3 Cmdr works very well. But when I try to launch it using Cmdr; no go. Why?

Sailor Steve 09-11-11 01:01 PM

Where did you install Commander to? It is a separate program that controls the game from outside. Commander must be in its own folder in Program Files (XP) or the main C drive folder (Vista & 7) Put an icon on the desktop and use it to set up Commander and then start SH3.