SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Request for Future Mod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=239375)

l02turner 12-10-18 11:32 PM

Request for Future Mod

Hello, I Love SH4 - play as much as I can but life gets in the way ;-)

I was wondering if it might be possible to include not just sinkings that are credited, for but I'd like to know what I've been hitting, too. I usually attack large tasks forces or convoys and try to engage as many as possible at once before the SHTF. That way I might sneak away to a safe distance.

Would it be possible to include this as a mod in a future release?

Thx

CapnScurvy 12-11-18 08:35 AM

I don't believe it's possible. The Captain's Log is a hard coded part that has specific preset parameters. Listing a sunk ship is provided for, so are downed planes, but that's the extent of it. We can't modify something that doesn't already exist in-game when it comes to these kinds of things. The game doesn't keep tract of hit's or misses.....only destroyed units (planes/ships). Those are the only entries that are shown in the Captains Log.

propbeanie 12-11-18 04:56 PM

If aanker was feeling better, I'm sure he'd mention Kim Ronhof's SH4 Report generator ver. 5102, which while it won't quite do exactly what it seems like you want, it might be to your liking. Just be sure and follow his instructions. :salute:

fitzcarraldo 12-11-18 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2581250)
If aanker was feeling better, I'm sure he'd mention Kim Ronhof's SH4 Report generator ver. 5102, which while it won't quite do exactly what it seems like you want, it might be to your liking. Just be sure and follow his instructions. :salute:

That´s true.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

KaleunMarco 12-11-18 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapnScurvy (Post 2581201)
I don't believe it's possible. The Captai's Log is a hard coded part that has specific preset parameters. Listing a sunk ship is provided for, so are downed planes, but that's the extent of it. We can't modify something that doesn't already exist in-game when it comes to these kinds of things. The game doesn't keep tract of hit's or misses.....only destroyed units (planes/ships). Those are the only entries that are shown in the Captains Log.

JANAC gave credit for ships sunk and ships damaged so i wonder why Ubisoft ignored the damaged part.

Just thinking here...i hope the smoke did not get in anyone's way.
:hmmm:

ETR3(SS) 12-11-18 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark bonamer (Post 2581270)
JANAC gave credit for ships sunk and ships damaged so i wonder why Ubisoft ignored the damaged part.

Just thinking here...i hope the smoke did not get in anyone's way.
:hmmm:

There's a lot in this game that got ignored, damaged ships record is barely a blip on the radar.