SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   DW Mission Designers' Forum (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=191)
-   -   688i style campaigns (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=101587)

DAB 12-03-06 01:47 PM

688i style campaigns

Is there a way, using scripting and trigger perhaps to create a 688i style campaign so that weapons used in one mission are not replenished for the next?

kage 12-04-06 12:19 AM

First, you should start with a campaign, or part of a campaign, where you play the same ship/sub over several missions. Then, before ending a mission, take note of what you have left, and before starting a new mission reduce it to those levels.

Meaning it's quite voluntary...

Miika 12-04-06 01:05 AM

One way

One way is to create a "mega-mission", so that once you accomplish a goal you will be given a new mission. This way you must preserve you ammo etc. There are, however, a couple of problems with this:

-you might need to create a lot of platforms in the mission/campaign, which usually seems to slow down low-end computers considerably. Of course you can help this by adding/removing platforms from the game as the campaign developes.

-if the different campaign locations are far away from each other, the campaign might take a lot of time to play through. (Although some consider this to be a good thing:D ).

Miika

Bill Nichols 12-04-06 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miika
One way is to create a "mega-mission", so that once you accomplish a goal you will be given a new mission. This way you must preserve you ammo etc. There are, however, a couple of problems with this:

-you might need to create a lot of platforms in the mission/campaign, which usually seems to slow down low-end computers considerably. Of course you can help this by adding/removing platforms from the game as the campaign developes.

-if the different campaign locations are far away from each other, the campaign might take a lot of time to play through. (Although some consider this to be a good thing:D ).

Miika

Sounds exactly like my 'Sicilian Wedding' mission ;)

Miika 12-07-06 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Nichols
Quote:

Originally Posted by Miika

Miika

Sounds exactly like my 'Sicilian Wedding' mission ;)

Indeed.:up:

Miika