SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   UBOAT (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=281)
-   -   Anyone here in the Beta? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=238625)

JU_88 09-16-18 03:52 PM

Anyone here in the Beta?

With the open Beta available to backers coming very soon, (Next month possibly)
I was wondering if anyone here was in it/ backed the project with donation?

Ernstww 09-16-18 09:11 PM

I'm in.

...and I apologize for the gratuitous use of emoticons.

:Kaleun_Party:
:arrgh!: :arrgh!: :arrgh!:

:up::up::up::up:

:Kaleun_Thumbs_Up::Kaleun_Cheers:

Abisem 09-17-18 09:04 AM

I backed it so I should be in the Beta, even if I've read about a questionary they sent to backers that I think I missed: did you receive it?

JU_88 09-17-18 05:33 PM

Nah I'm not in it, I wanted to pledge I was too late to the party - though I'm currently assisting them with some volunteer 3d modeling work.
I don't think you missed anything as it hasn't started yet. but its good to know there are at least two of you to post your initial thoughts etc when the time comes :)

Chad 09-17-18 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JU_88 (Post 2569082)
Nah I'm not in it, I wanted to pledge I was too late to the party - though I'm currently assisting them with some volunteer 3d modeling work.
I don't think you missed anything as it hasn't started yet. but its good to know there are at least two of you to post your initial thoughts etc when the time comes :)

Volunteering, as in creating art for free?

Ernstww 09-17-18 08:11 PM

Abisem, I never filled out any questionnaire for beta either. Although I snuck into Kickstarter as a backer after it had technically closed as the Paypal link had not been disabled - maybe an oversight. nihilcat, bless him, let me in anyway.

I think they have a list of backers that will get emailed keys (speculation).

barel80 09-17-18 09:51 PM

I regularly receive emails from Uboat project. The last two were about beta participation and status report 09/2018. I'm looking forward to it !
They are planning to release beta in October and early acces by the end of this year. :salute: :yeah: :yep: :ping: :up:

JU_88 09-18-18 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 2569090)
Volunteering, as in creating art for free?

Yeah pretty much. But its ok I enjoy it. :P I'm not doing alot, just a few aircraft.
I figured something was a miss when I saw a teaser video a while back of P-47's attacking the players Uboat (turns out they were just placeholder dummies) So I reached out to the devs with some examples of my 3d work and offered to give them hand with some models and research info on authentic Coastal command patrol planes. They are a small team and its a big game, so every little helps.

Niedowidek 09-18-18 12:58 PM

I backed the project too.

Ernstww 09-18-18 07:43 PM

JU_88, nice, good job helping out.

You will have extra fun opening up on your own planes with the flak guns. :Kaleun_Cheers:

You caused me to go and read a bunch of wiki stuff on aircraft/ uboat encounters. :salute:

JU_88 09-18-18 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernstww (Post 2569249)
JU_88, nice, good job helping out.

You will have extra fun opening up on your own planes with the flak guns. :Kaleun_Cheers:

You caused me to go and read a bunch of wiki stuff on aircraft/ uboat encounters. :salute:

ha thanks, Well maybe, planes will hopefully be too lethal for that though, maybe not so much early on, but certainly beyond 1943... Rp3 Rockets, Leigh lights, radar, you name it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RP-3

StandingCow 09-19-18 04:34 AM

I kickstarted it when it was HMS Marulken but I haven't gotten any further emails that I can recall since it was canceled and renamed.

fullmetaledges 09-19-18 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StandingCow (Post 2569280)
I kickstarted it when it was HMS Marulken but I haven't gotten any further emails that I can recall since it was canceled and renamed.

You are getting this game mixed up with another one. This is not the game that was previously HMS Marulken.

StandingCow 09-19-18 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullmetaledges (Post 2569320)
You are getting this game mixed up with another one. This is not the game that was previously HMS Marulken.

Ah ok. I missed this kickstarter then. Thanks!

Ernstww 09-19-18 10:40 PM

JU_88,

Indeed, indeed. Thank you for the link. An interesting read.