SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Atlantic Fleet / Pacific Fleet (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=286)
-   -   Pacific Fleet now available on Kindle (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=212763)

Onkel Neal 04-17-14 05:25 PM

Pacific Fleet now available on Kindle

Details here.

I can vouch for this, I got a chance to test the game on my kindle and the 7" screen really elevates this game. :rock:

Cybermat47 04-17-14 05:32 PM

Isn't Kindle for reading books? :hmmm:

CCIP 04-17-14 10:54 PM

Originally yes, but it's developed into a full-fledged tablet range running a custom version of Android, built mainly around Amazon's apps/app store.

nikimcbee 04-18-14 01:03 PM

Banzai! Banzai! Great news.:woot::woot::woot:

Julian 04-18-14 04:24 PM

pacific fleet not available for PC SYSEM

sO!! WHEN WILL IT BE AVAILABLE FOR US PC PLAYERS....YEARS AGO, THERE WERE ALL KINDS OF GAMES FOR PC'S. NOW IT'S ALL MOBILE, CARRY AROUND PLAYERS.
I'M A NAVAL ENTHUSIAST ALL THESE YEARS. LOOK FORWARD TO PLAYING THESE GAMES. NOW WE'RE BEING BRUSHED AWAY TO A MORE MONEY MAKING SCHEME RATHER THAN FOR ENTERTAINMENT.

Overkill 04-18-14 06:02 PM

SSSHHHHHHHHWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!! !!!! :rock:

CCIP 04-18-14 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julian (Post 2199130)
sO!! WHEN WILL IT BE AVAILABLE FOR US PC PLAYERS....YEARS AGO, THERE WERE ALL KINDS OF GAMES FOR PC'S. NOW IT'S ALL MOBILE, CARRY AROUND PLAYERS.
I'M A NAVAL ENTHUSIAST ALL THESE YEARS. LOOK FORWARD TO PLAYING THESE GAMES. NOW WE'RE BEING BRUSHED AWAY TO A MORE MONEY MAKING SCHEME RATHER THAN FOR ENTERTAINMENT.

It's a game that's designed specifically with tablets/phones in mind for interface and gameplay. I don't think it'd be a particularly great game on the PC - it's designed to be relatively simple and fun for short sessions, not for long immersive play that you'd expect on the PC. I think it's much better where it is - no reason to invite comparisons that wouldn't be in its favour. It's the same as trying to take a board game or a card game and put it on the PC - it might be a lot of fun at the table with friends, but not so much on the PC, where you'd probably expect more of a simulation and complain that it doesn't compare well to what you know.

And money-wise, hardly a big scheme where it costs pennies compared to either PC or board games.

nikimcbee 04-23-14 11:00 AM

My 2cents worth.
What a fun,yet simple game. I did my first carrier battle, re-enactment of Midway:haha:. I love the animation and sound in the game, very well done.
The catastrophic hit are cool.

The only down side in my opinion, no Japanese subs.

stoppro 04-28-14 06:04 AM

Is this for regular kindle or just the fire kindle?

Killerfish Games 04-28-14 10:07 AM

It should work on all Kindles with the exception of the 1st gen models.

nikimcbee 06-12-14 12:08 PM

I just finished the Japanese campaign:up:.

nikimcbee 06-12-14 02:39 PM

The Yamato is a one ship wrecking ball:dead::rock:.

Yamato with radar is unstoppable.:rock::rock:

The only time I've beaten it was with 3 ACs, but BB vs BB, Yamato has never lost.:Kaleun_Party:

Duncanc0189 09-30-14 10:09 PM

Pacific fleet

I wish this game had multiplayer

Julhelm 10-01-14 02:48 AM

It has: If you have a mate around, you can play head to head on the same phone through the single battle mode.

Aktungbby 10-01-14 06:33 AM

Welcome Aboard

Duncanc0189!:Kaleun_Salute: