SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   need help selecting target for sonar (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=235143)

Joe S 10-30-17 08:53 PM

need help selecting target for sonar

I have SH4, the "gold " edition and sometimes things do not work as they should. For example, sometimes I can manually operate the sonar and sometimes the game will not let me do it.
I would like to use sonar and radar to send the range and bearing to the TDC. On a recent single mission, Borneo Convoy, I think, I locked a merchant ship in the periscope, relative bearing about 355 degrees, and asked sonar to send range an bearing to the TDC. When I look at the nav map, it shows the target but when I switch to the attack map, it shows the torpedoes set to run toward a ship with a bearing of about 120 degrees.
I have also never had any luck getting the deck gun to shoot at the target I want it to shoot at.
Can anyone specify exactly what I need to do to select the target?
Thanks!
Joe S

propbeanie 10-31-17 06:41 AM

I am definitely not the guy to ask about anything sonar... However, someone who does know might ask you if you're using any mods, just to be certain of what you have.

As for the gun, while on the bridge, use the binoculars (not the TBT) and look at your "target" vessel. There's a little "+" sign crosshair in there. When you have that over the target, press the space bar and you should see a little yellow up arrow light up for you, indicating target lock, and then your crew should say "Yes sir! manning the deck gun sir!..." etc. There will be a delay in them getting all the gear out, loading, aiming, etc. Just be careful you don't "mark" any friendlies, else your gun crew will carry out your instructions to the letter!... :salute:

Captain_AJ 10-31-17 10:55 AM

Suggestion !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe S (Post 2522326)
I have SH4, the "gold " edition and sometimes things do not work as they should. For example, sometimes I can manually operate the sonar and sometimes the game will not let me do it.
I would like to use sonar and radar to send the range and bearing to the TDC. On a recent single mission, Borneo Convoy, I think, I locked a merchant ship in the periscope, relative bearing about 355 degrees, and asked sonar to send range an bearing to the TDC. When I look at the nav map, it shows the target but when I switch to the attack map, it shows the torpedoes set to run toward a ship with a bearing of about 120 degrees.
I have also never had any luck getting the deck gun to shoot at the target I want it to shoot at.
Can anyone specify exactly what I need to do to select the target?
Thanks!
Joe S

A few reads will make you think that what a target defined is .. there are alot of instructional videos on You tube about everything .. Look at the post that are provided by the Berster and rocking robins .. God information that will help you .. !!