SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   The all purpose terrorism thread featuring plenty of allah akbar (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=222852)

August 02-22-23 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Devil (Post 2854485)
Hi. Thats the excuse of religious people to placate, or attempt to, when people say WHY does god allow this? 'Its gods will.'

Totally different thing than what he said.

ET2SN 02-22-23 12:07 PM

Just FWIW and IMHO, I don't allow religion to guide me in how I interact with any of you. :O:

In other words, take a guess on my views. You're probably right. Back when I was in the Navy, this was our version of "Don't ask, don't tell". :03:

When you're walking on the thin ice, think about it before you hit that Submit button. :up:

Red Devil 02-22-23 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ET2SN (Post 2854495)
Just FWIW and IMHO, I don't allow religion to guide me in how I interact with any of you. :O:

In other words, take a guess on my views. You're probably right. Back when I was in the Navy, this was our version of "Don't ask, don't tell". :03:

When you're walking on the thin ice, think about it before you hit that Submit button. :up:

Thanks. Yes, the bottom line is its only my opinion.

August: I did not say, in that post 'him' I referred to religion as a whole.

Anyway. as I said earlier religion is up to the individual and should always be that way, but don't let it influence opinion or reality.

I'll leave it at that, its an interesting thread though.

August 02-22-23 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Devil (Post 2854498)
Thanks. Yes, the bottom line is its only my opinion.

August: I did not say, in that post 'him' I referred to religion as a whole.

Anyway. as I said earlier religion is up to the individual and should always be that way, but don't let it influence opinion or reality.

I'll leave it at that, its an interesting thread though.

So you'd rather not have people trying to do Gods work feeding and sheltering the poor? Like I said earlier the overwhelming amount of charity aid comes from religious groups. Now maybe they are just buying themselves a stairway to heaven so to speak but without their money and effort who will take up their slack?

Red Devil 02-22-23 08:08 PM

Tell me why the Vatican has more wealth that a lot of country's and why the Church of England has £100m to spend on 'saying sorry for the past' = then you say doing gods work for the poor, dont make me laugh. For 2 millinaia the churchs have been stealing from the poor and allowing nobility to 'buy their way to heaven' -its a damn rip off.

No more, sorry but we re in the wrong arena for this sort of rubbish.

August 02-23-23 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Devil (Post 2854594)
Tell me why the Vatican has more wealth that a lot of country's and why the Church of England has £100m to spend on 'saying sorry for the past' = then you say doing gods work for the poor, dont make me laugh. For 2 millinaia the churchs have been stealing from the poor and allowing nobility to 'buy their way to heaven' -its a damn rip off.

No more, sorry but we re in the wrong arena for this sort of rubbish.

Whatever. Go ahead and tell 1.3 billion Catholics and God knows how many CoE Heretics that the billions they give to charity annually is a rip off. That all the orphanages and missions they operate, volunteer for and finance are rubbish. Then break out your wallet and take up their slack.

Red Devil 02-23-23 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by August (Post 2854637)
Whatever. Go ahead and tell 1.3 billion Catholics and God knows how many CoE Heretics that the billions they give to charity annually is a rip off. That all the orphanages and missions they operate, volunteer for and finance are rubbish. Then break out your wallet and take up their slack.

Finances are rubbish, you hit the nail on the head. The Churches have ALL the money but the poor get, from them ,sod all.

August 02-24-23 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Devil (Post 2854751)
Finances are rubbish, you hit the nail on the head. The Churches have ALL the money but the poor get, from them ,sod all.

The churches have the money that was given to them by their members. They didn't take it from you. How many orphanages do you run? How many soup kitchens, vaccination programs, schools, or food drives have you built or organized? The churches pay for all of that.

MaDef 02-25-23 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by August (Post 2854837)
The churches have the money that was given to them by their members. They didn't take it from you. How many orphanages do you run? How many soup kitchens, vaccination programs, schools, or food drives have you built or organized? The churches pay for all of that.

That's not entirely accurate. I know of one Christian church that REQUIRES a tithe on your income to remain good standing with GOD. :03:

August 02-25-23 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaDef (Post 2854942)
That's not entirely accurate. I know of one Christian church that REQUIRES a tithe on your income to remain good standing with GOD. :03:

Yeah?, what is the churches name?

MaDef 02-25-23 10:50 AM

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

August 02-25-23 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaDef (Post 2855020)
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

The Mormons? You're not talking about tithing that they recommend to gain access to one of their temples (not exactly heaven) are you? Even Catholics pass the donation basket during mass but that is not the same thing as requiring it.

MaDef 02-25-23 05:13 PM

To get a "Temple recommend" you need to be deemed "worthy", and part of that is being current on tithes.

August 02-26-23 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaDef (Post 2855087)
To get a "Temple recommend" you need to be deemed "worthy", and part of that is being current on tithes.

Guess them 410 missions come with a hefty cost. But these tithes are certainly not enough to build that stairway to heaven as the Mormons believe that only 144K souls total will get in.