SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL] Environmental MOD for Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166178)

stoppro 07-13-10 07:05 PM

S.V.-I ran envo 3.0 with your interior mod- freeze went back to 2.5 and your mod worked fine all night. I will wait for your new version then put 3.0 back in. just letting you know. thanks for all work you and W_clear are doing

reaper7 07-14-10 12:12 PM

Working ok here. Installed Enviroment 3 first, then the Interiors Mod.
No crash or freeze yet to report :up:.

[Activated Mods in order]
R7 HiRes Mod Core Files
Capthelms SH5 Audio Mod
Touch up for Capthelm's Audio
Conus' Graphic Mod 1.1
Environment 3.0 MOD
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.0
SteelViking's Sky Banding Mod
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2 Stock w beards
No magic skills v1.4

stoppro 07-14-10 12:43 PM

I think I read somewhere that damage assement might have something to do with it ,I will take it out and try that. thanks

SteelViking 07-14-10 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper7 (Post 1444146)
Working ok here. Installed Enviroment 3 first, then the Interiors Mod.
No crash or freeze yet to report :up:.

[Activated Mods in order]
R7 HiRes Mod Core Files
Capthelms SH5 Audio Mod
Touch up for Capthelm's Audio
Conus' Graphic Mod 1.1
Environment 3.0 MOD
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.0
SteelViking's Sky Banding Mod
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2 Stock w beards
No magic skills v1.4

Good to know that setup is working. However, you should not be playing, you should be working on that officers' clipboard:haha: just kidding.

reaper7 07-14-10 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelViking (Post 1444189)
Good to know that setup is working. However, you should not be playing, you should be working on that officers' clipboard:haha: just kidding.

:salute:

:haha:

Arclight 07-14-10 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoppro (Post 1444170)
I think I read somewhere that damage assement might have something to do with it ,I will take it out and try that. thanks

Any link? :06:

Don't see how, DA just adds a block to an AI file. :hmmm:

stoppro 07-14-10 09:18 PM

I don't see how either but I was just trying different things,but I did take it out and ran enviro3.0-sv's intieror -svand reapers sky mod -inproved shadows and it ran perfect and it's still going. I also kept critical hits mod in also.It might have been the order they were enabled.I'm just happy it looks good and works.

SteelViking 07-14-10 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoppro (Post 1444631)
I don't see how either but I was just trying different things,but I did take it out and ran enviro3.0-sv's intieror -svand reapers sky mod -inproved shadows and it ran perfect and it's still going. I also kept critical hits mod in also.It might have been the order they were enabled.I'm just happy it looks good and works.

Hey, that is one nice list of mods:D

stoppro 07-15-10 06:37 AM

well I do have TDW 'UI 270 in there but it has been there so long I forget it's a mod. Just part of the game now.

TheBeast 07-17-10 08:17 AM

I do not know where to ask this but here seemed a very good spot since it is kind of related to Environment.
I noticed the Conning Tower Wake is very small. Much smaller then it should be. In the picture below I just plowed through a wave higher then my Conning Tower and barely made a splash. That splash should have been huge and dwarfed the Tower.
Is there any way to adjust this?:06:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pict...pictureid=2523
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pict...pictureid=2560
Sorry if I am totally out of place with this.

Thanks!

TheDarkWraith 07-17-10 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBeast (Post 1446721)
I do not know where to ask this but here seemed a very good spot since it is kind of related to Environment.
I noticed the Conning Tower Wake is very small. Much smaller then it should be. In the picture below I just plowed through a wave higher then my Conning Tower and barely made a splash. That splash should have been huge and dwarfed the Tower.
Is there any way to adjust this?:06:

I noticed when doing the sub flags that only one version of each sub's conn has effects added to it (bow wave splash, etc.). This is why they are non-existent on some conns.

TheBeast 07-17-10 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1446765)
I noticed when doing the sub flags that only one version of each sub's conn has effects added to it (bow wave splash, etc.). This is why they are non-existent on some conns.

I was going to add that this wave splash looked as if it were from the cannon. I didn't want to sound like I was Ubi bashing but now that you pointed that out, even the cannon splash is way to small. Going to add this to the Ubi Dev's Bug list.

SteelViking 07-17-10 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1446765)

Hey TDW, I don't want to sound needy, but could you possibly hex edit the conning wave into the ones which are missing it? If it is controlled by an .fx file it seems like it should be possible, or am I totally mistaken on this one?

TheDarkWraith 07-17-10 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelViking (Post 1447037)
Hey TDW, I don't want to sound needy, but could you possibly hex edit the conning wave into the ones which are missing it? If it is controlled by an .fx file it seems like it should be possible, or am I totally mistaken on this one?

Once I figure out what this controller does (ObjectCtrlsRef) I'll be better able to answer your request.

Madox58 07-17-10 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1447045)
Once I figure out what this controller does (ObjectCtrlsRef) I'll be better able to answer your request.

It's nothing more then a controller link from an object or node as defined in the FX.GR2 or base.GR2 file to an effect.
It mostly points to the BAZA_FX.dat in the Library.