SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=193)
-   -   my stupid question,how to find enermy sub? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=220730)

nquantum 06-19-15 09:33 PM

my stupid question,how to find enermy sub?

Yeah! Sorry for simple stupid question huh! Sut really want some tip to find/search/hunt enermy sub. I can manage to find surface ship from passive sonar ping (from other ship) , passive town,spere sonar in sometime. And patience to get good TMA.

Bet when search for other sub. I always blind in dark room. I set random course my own sub and hope to pickup some water fall from town,spere sonar. Sometime I circle around. So it just take some time? Do u have any tip , techinique?

Do u use time accelerate on the game or not? Or not use at all?

Thank

Aktungbby 06-20-15 12:18 AM

welcome aboard!

nquantum!:Kaleun_Salute:

Jimbuna 06-20-15 06:32 AM

Hi nquantum....my suggestion should no answer be forthcoming would be to send a PM to one of the regular posters in this section.

Welcome to SubSim :sunny:

Irwin6666 06-20-15 07:15 AM

Hi nquantum

I'd suggest using narrow band via your towed array to locate subs. Narrow picks up before broadband waterfall gets a sniff of a sub.

You'll need to get familiar with frequencies to help ID a sub bid you're hunting Russians you'll often get a hit on the 50hz line well before broadband wakes up. Remember to use the towed though.

Hope this helps. I learned everything I know by watching FPS Shaltzy (can't spell his name, sorry) YouTube clips.

Hope this helps.

Irwin6666 06-20-15 07:18 AM

FPS chazly is the guy's name. Check out his YouTube videos and you'll learn everything you could ever need to get by in sub command/dangerous waters.

Jimbuna 06-20-15 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irwin6666 (Post 2322629)
Hi nquantum

I'd suggest using narrow band via your towed array to locate subs. Narrow picks up before broadband waterfall gets a sniff of a sub.

You'll need to get familiar with frequencies to help ID a sub bid you're hunting Russians you'll often get a hit on the 50hz line well before broadband wakes up. Remember to use the towed though.

Hope this helps. I learned everything I know by watching FPS Shaltzy (can't spell his name, sorry) YouTube clips.

Hope this helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irwin6666 (Post 2322631)
FPS chazly is the guy's name. Check out his YouTube videos and you'll learn everything you could ever need to get by in sub command/dangerous waters.

Excellent responses :sunny:

FPSchazly 06-20-15 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irwin6666 (Post 2322631)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbuna (Post 2322635)
Excellent responses :sunny:

Thank you so much, guys, for the kind words! :D:up::salute:

ikalugin 06-20-15 08:59 AM

Towed array is your main weapon. Use it well. For the specifics - you could see the tutorials suggested above.

Pisces 06-20-15 02:44 PM

And make sure your screen contrast, brightness and gamma settings are able to show the faintest signals on the screen. It may not look pretty, but it will save your butt.

Delgard 03-21-17 07:16 PM

Searching

In 688I, I go to periscope depth to check for radio messages. I also run the ESM antenna up. I do about three sweeps of the ESM to get an idea of surface traffic. For subs, I let the towed array reel out while I am going to check the surface, then I slowly head below the layer. Listening all the way down.

Hope helps

A-Ganger 07-10-17 04:57 PM

Another thing you need to do also is navigate often until you find them!

You can run for 30 min in a straight line and a specific depth and not find anything, then as soon as you turn and/or change depth here come's the contacts...lol