SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Craigslist ad: Russian submarine for sale in Lake Conroe (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=235429)

Onkel Neal 11-10-17 06:16 AM

Craigslist ad: Russian submarine for sale in Lake Conroe

Quote:

LAKE CONROE, Texas - A Craigslist ad claims there's a Russian submarine for sale in Lake Conroe for $1.25 million. Charlie Thompson, who is in charge of sales at Lakeshore Sports at the lake in Montgomery, posted the picture Thursday morning to Craigslist. The title of the ad is, "The most fun on the water! or under...Used Russian sub." It continues: "Well cared for and low hours, you should see everyone's face light up when we pull up at Sams Boat on Lake Conroe! The torpedo tubes have just been polished and new periscope installed late 2016. Its a lot of sub for the money at 175 meter length, full kitchen, satellite radio, sleeps 134."
What do you think? It's nearby, should I go have a look? It's in my price range, though I still don't get it how it ended up in Lake Conroe, the San Jacinto River isn't that deep, is it?

u crank 11-10-17 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onkel Neal (Post 2524453)
What do you think? It's nearby, should I go have a look? It's in my price range......,

Talk of buying expensive toys right after SubSim fund raiser is very suspicious. We need an immediate investigation. Special counsel should be appointed. I suggest Steed.:D

Jimbuna 11-10-17 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by u crank (Post 2524456)
Talk of buying expensive toys right after SubSim fund raiser is very suspicious. We need an immediate investigation. Special counsel should be appointed. I suggest Steed.:D

:haha:

I thought it might have been 1st April :)

Schroeder 11-10-17 07:37 AM

Quote:

I still don't get it how it ended up in Lake Conroe, the San Jacinto River isn't that deep, is it?

Oh boy, simple physics! You see, to submerge the boat takes on ballast. When it wants to resurface it blows the ballast. If even more ballast is blown it starts floating through the air. That's how it got there. What do they teach these kids in school these days....:roll::nope:

:O::p2:

Onkel Neal 11-10-17 09:03 AM

Quote:

Yeah, that's what the fundraiser is for!! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schroeder (Post 2524470)
Oh boy, simple physics! You see, to submerge the boat takes on ballast. When it wants to resurface it blows the ballast. If even more ballast is blown it starts floating through the air. That's how it got there. What do they teach these kids in school these days....:roll::nope:

:O::p2:

Haha, got it (scribbles notes)

AVGWarhawk 11-10-17 09:32 AM

Quote:

What do you think? It's nearby, should I go have a look? It's in my price range, though I still don't get it how it ended up in Lake Conroe, the San Jacinto River isn't that deep, is it?

Go kick the tires. :haha:

Rockstar 11-10-17 10:44 AM

If that submarine is there could Lake Conroe, TX by the long lost island lagoon of Vulcania? :arrgh!:

Overkill 11-11-17 07:27 PM

Quote:

:har: ...wait a minute! :o

CaptainCruise 11-17-17 04:09 AM

Quote:

Think about it. We get the sub.....we all star in our very own SUBSIM submarine simulator!! We take turns at the Conn and see who can sink the most tonnage on Lake Conroe!! :up:

All we need to complete the dream is have a old O.H. Perry class frigate come up for sale somewhere and we can play a live version of "Dangerous Waters"!!
:arrgh!: Oh yeah!!! We're livin' the dream now!!!!

Garrish 11-19-17 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainCruise (Post 2525670)
Think about it. We get the sub.....we all star in our very own SUBSIM submarine simulator!! We take turns at the Conn and see who can sink the most tonnage on Lake Conroe!! :up:

All we need to complete the dream is have a old O.H. Perry class frigate come up for sale somewhere and we can play a live version of "Dangerous Waters"!!
:arrgh!: Oh yeah!!! We're livin' the dream now!!!!

Yar matey! :Kaleun_Cheers: