SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   Game crashes during convoy (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=236899)

The Milkman 03-13-18 02:19 AM

Game crashes during convoy

Hi all. Playing SH5 with the TWoS mod with 100% realism. Staked a convoy of ships and closed in for the kill.

Problem is once ships get to a certain range from me the game crashes to desktop. A few of the ships are missing detail on the decks as if they are being rendered from much further away than they actually are. (Like missing detail that i know they normally have up close)

Anyone ever seen this issue? if so is there a way to circumvent this problem? I'd hate to loose this opportunity. Playing on 100% realism no reloads and no deaths haha.

XenonSurf 03-13-18 11:39 AM

I don't play at 100 realism, but have you tried to save to a new game slot and reload the game? Does it still happen then?

fitzcarraldo 03-13-18 12:36 PM

I didnīt have that problem with TWoS from version 2.0 - now 2.2.3. When you sight or detect a convoy, save the game and reload. Before start the approach. If you are playing for 3 hours, detect a convoy and continue to play, could cause some problem. But I didnīt have they in my installation.

Steam version? I have DVD version.
Memory of your GC?

My SH5 TWoS runs at 60 or more FPS; I limited the FPS with Nvidia Inspector to 35 FPS. And donīt play in window mode and/or synchronization.

Good luck and good hunt!

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

vdr1981 03-14-18 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Milkman (Post 2545223)
Hi all. Playing SH5 with the TWoS mod with 100% realism. Staked a convoy of ships and closed in for the kill.

Problem is once ships get to a certain range from me the game crashes to desktop. A few of the ships are missing detail on the decks as if they are being rendered from much further away than they actually are. (Like missing detail that i know they normally have up close)

Anyone ever seen this issue? if so is there a way to circumvent this problem? I'd hate to loose this opportunity. Playing on 100% realism no reloads and no deaths haha.

Definitely doesn't sound like something which should be happening with Wolves of Steel on board.
Judging by your posts history, you may be dealing with corrupted game or mod installation.

Marques Bassus 08-22-20 02:24 PM

I'm having somewhat of a the same issue, was crashing always at a specific time, but it seems its crashing because of the large convoy.
Did you manage to solve the problem?

Ashikaga 08-23-20 05:10 PM

This stopped with me when I upped my RAM to 32gig.

Only time it happened for me were with massive wolfpack attacks on giant convoys and once when German Destroyers also engaged the same convoy somehow.

OLtzS Ashikaga.