SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] S3D - Silent 3ditor (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=119571)

Capt. Shark Bait 07-31-07 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skwasjer
Now, hopefully, new mod ideas are born :)

now, maybe, one of the local genius's here can put a resupply ship where the striped anchors are with a radius of about 20yrds, or so:smug:

Jace11 07-31-07 08:10 AM

get error when open cameras.dat

all other files seem fine, only one that doesnt open so far

CaptainCox 07-31-07 08:13 AM

Can confirm that "Unable to read beyond the end of the stream"

skwasjer 07-31-07 08:17 AM

Thanks, I've just fixed it.

Edit the propertydefitions.xml (typos in filename, I know...)

Add the line:

<property name="RestrictedRotation/Elevation" datatype="collection" />

just below the line:

<property name="obj_Turret/Elevation" datatype="collection" />

I recommend not to goof around to much with this xml file yet (you may break the entire application). I'll explain how this works and can be used in the future... I don't have alot of time now, because of RL work...

CaptainCox 07-31-07 08:35 AM

Cheers for the fix, works like a charm now :up:

ref 07-31-07 09:24 AM

Good work skwasjer!

Found a data problem, sometimes properties with the same name have different structures ie : Scale, sometimes is a single float value sometimes is a substructure (x,y,z float), like here:

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/7538/scenezu5.jpg

Please keep up, it's an important tool

Ref

skwasjer 07-31-07 09:49 AM

Yea, I'm aware of this, which is where one single xml config file comes in (you can define datatypes here which are used to open every file). This part of the tool however is still under development, so I do not recommend changing anything yet. If you find more properties with incorrect datatypes however, please keep posting them!!

[edit] The datatype for the property you mentioned is not yet implemented, but on the todo...

wetwarev7 07-31-07 09:57 AM

Very immpressive app :up:

pontius 07-31-07 11:51 AM

I have a problem with the installation.
I upgraded .Net 2 and DirectX, but when it says "Preparing to install.." the window just disappaers when the bar is near to the end.

EDIT: Working perfect now! Had problems with "Windows Installer".
Thanks for this tool mate!

Greetings,
pontius

UBOAT234 07-31-07 02:53 PM

A Very Big Work :sunny::sunny::sunny:

Compliments for the greatest job. Congratulations :up:

I have no words :sunny::sunny::sunny:

Bando 07-31-07 03:02 PM

Wow Skwasjer, greatEventhough edting and saving will arrive later, one can defenitely see the "building blocks" of the game. The blocks we all tried so hard to find when using the mini tweaker templates. Awesome work.Allready...........

Digital_Trucker 07-31-07 03:04 PM

:up: Excellent work, indeed! Thanks! This tool will definitely cut down on the :damn: involved in working with these files.

LukeFF 07-31-07 04:15 PM

(Envisions properly rendered Pearl Harbor and Midway landscapes).

:smug:

skwasjer 07-31-07 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bando
Wow Skwasjer, greatEventhough edting and saving will arrive later, one can defenitely see the "building blocks" of the game. The blocks we all tried so hard to find when using the mini tweaker templates. Awesome work.Allready...........

Editing and saving IS supported, but yea certain elements can not be modified yet. You can try to make changes of the things that I added UI controls for, save the file (make backups!), and see what happens. I see what you mean though, the features that you need the most are still not available. Rest assured, the property editor is coming soon (couple of days, time permitted of course). After that, models... :up:
Everyone, thanks for the positive notes. Enough with the kissups now :sunny:. I prefer feedback on the program, new feature ideas, bugreports.

[edit] The more it is tested, the more stable it will become (ala beta/final), and the sooner you can start using it on actual mods. Your choice...

kapitan_zur_see 07-31-07 06:52 PM

damn

SKWASJER, sorry to put it that rude way but...

****IN BRILLIANT

This is just awesome. PERIOD