SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Wolfpack (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   This looks great! 1 question... (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=231686)

Pandur 06-08-17 06:13 PM

This looks great! 1 question...

i just discovered this, it looks splendid. the second you guys go on steam early access you got my money. probably twice as i gift this to a RL friend of mine.

now my question is connected to that; i read its meant for 4 player coop, but i only got 1 friend that is interessted to play sims, so i possibly will have to play with 2 players. is that possible or do you absolutely need 4?

is it possible to control the boat with 2 players even if both will be rly busy?

anyways, i am thrilled to throw my money at you when this goes on EA, good luck gentleman!
if its only half the thing i expect it gona be epic :Kaleun_Cheers:

Onkel Neal 06-08-17 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandur (Post 2489602)
i just discovered this, it looks splendid. the second you guys go on steam early access you got my money. probably twice as i gift this to a RL friend of mine.

now my question is connected to that; i read its meant for 4 player coop, but i only got 1 friend that is interessted to play sims, so i possibly will have to play with 2 players. is that possible or do you absolutely need 4?

is it possible to control the boat with 2 players even if both will be rly busy?

anyways, i am thrilled to throw my money at you when this goes on EA, good luck gentleman!
if its only half the thing i expect it gona be epic :Kaleun_Cheers:

Thanks! Yes, two players can manage the boat, but as you suggested, they will be pretty busy.

Pandur 06-09-17 06:46 AM

this is great news, thanks for the quick reply!

Pandur 06-10-17 07:46 AM

sry for double post;

i have been reading mostly everything on the wolfpack page, and i am delighted. so cant wait till this hits EA, and i hope you guys dont get disheartened(sp?) by some negative reviews on steam cause ppl cant bother to read a manual and think its too difficult. there will be these reviews i am sure.

anyways my reason for the double post is one thing i have been missing from all the info i gathered on the wolfpack site.

will there be some sort of "damage" system, where parts of the boat get disabled when you receive damage?
where the players have to repair it in order for it to function again?
like a generator is broken, and 1 player has to fix it for like 1 or 2 minutes? could be just press "reapair" button or some more elaborate task.

i think this would nicely multiply stress and result in unexpected things happening. like original plan not possible, lets go for plan B type of thinking.

Usurpator 06-13-17 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandur (Post 2490089)
sry for double post;

i have been reading mostly everything on the wolfpack page, and i am delighted. so cant wait till this hits EA, and i hope you guys dont get disheartened(sp?) by some negative reviews on steam cause ppl cant bother to read a manual and think its too difficult. there will be these reviews i am sure.

anyways my reason for the double post is one thing i have been missing from all the info i gathered on the wolfpack site.

will there be some sort of "damage" system, where parts of the boat get disabled when you receive damage?
where the players have to repair it in order for it to function again?
like a generator is broken, and 1 player has to fix it for like 1 or 2 minutes? could be just press "reapair" button or some more elaborate task.

i think this would nicely multiply stress and result in unexpected things happening. like original plan not possible, lets go for plan B type of thinking.

Hello! We are not going to implement a damage system for the early access release, but we are considering adding this feature later during development. Having the players repair the boat is something we have decided to leave out since it would feel a bit gamey in a rather fast paced mission :)

Pandur 06-14-17 03:27 PM

thx for info! lets see how this turns out, i was just thinking it would be nice to throw some additional "logs" in front of players feet, i think it could be fun.

i curious how it will turn out if you decide to implement something like it. time will tell, thx for the reply. cheers!