SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Wolfpack (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   Life in Sweden (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=227133)

SiggeMan 08-03-16 08:50 AM

Its in swedish, might be an english version, ill look, otherwise you can translate the website! http://www.forsvarsmakten.se/sv/aktu...ng/marindagen/

Onkel Neal 08-09-16 05:38 PM

Man, it's getting cold here, what happened to summer?:wah:

Gerald 08-09-16 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onkel Neal (Post 2425382)
Man, it's getting cold here, what happened to summer?:wah:

Neal! Unfortunately, it will be windy some days nothing unusual here ... but August is usually warm, sometimes, but now it already feels like fall:hmmm:

Catfish 08-10-16 01:35 AM

Hey, i just wanted to ask whether the weather is better in Sweden, we had 6-10 degrees Celsius here that night :timeout:
In.. august :shifty: Where is that climate change when you need it.

Gerald 08-10-16 08:15 AM

When you say so, I heard on the radio that it was under 10 degrees Celsius in north (800 km from here) which is considered to be fall, this is not normal for the season, but here in Stockholm so is there around 20-27 degrees in August or warmer ... but now it has been a few days, with low temperature, but it will be warmer later in the month, one could hope.:)

Schultz 08-10-16 04:42 PM

Waiting for those pictures from Ikea. Maybe they have some torpedoes on discount. :haha:

nikimcbee 08-11-16 12:14 AM

Did you find IKEA yet?

Catfish 08-11-16 01:50 AM

There's at least one in Kiel, and two in Hannover. If you want to come over .. also Schroeder and Bl!tz, also for grilling/barbecue :) Problem is that staying overnight here is impossible at the moment, still building the house and no free room :shifty:

Has anyone heard about Penguin b.t.w. ? Last thing i heard he could not make it to Kiel, but got no return message :hmmm:

Onkel Neal 08-18-16 12:31 AM

So, summer is really, really gone here. In mid August :o

I guess I should have brought a jacket...:shucks:

Dowly 08-18-16 01:00 AM

Yup, been a bit chilly the past two weeks or so. It *should* get warmer over the weekend. :hmmm:

Lionclaw 08-18-16 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendor (Post 2425496)
When you say so, I heard on the radio that it was under 10 degrees Celsius in north (800 km from here) which is considered to be fall, this is not normal for the season, but here in Stockholm so is there around 20-27 degrees in August or warmer ... but now it has been a few days, with low temperature, but it will be warmer later in the month, one could hope.:)

Last week here in Örnsköldsvik, the coldest temperature was 4°C during the night.

Örnsköldsvik is 442km north from Stockholm. (530km by road)

Onkel Neal 08-18-16 03:45 AM

Yikes! That's about as cold as I can stand. Doesn't water do funny things when it gets to zero...?:06:

ivanov.ruslan 08-18-16 03:55 AM

Ideal time for fishing and fishing spots :Kaleun_Salivating:

Lionclaw 08-18-16 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onkel Neal (Post 2427456)
Yikes! That's about as cold as I can stand. Doesn't water do funny things when it gets to zero...?:06:

If you notice people are suddenly unable to drive, or chaos ensues in traffic. That means the first snow has fallen. Or that the roads are icy. :P

It's always fun to read in the news about the chaos that's caused by the onset of winter. As if the people in southern part of Sweden forgot it's a Nordic country after all. :doh: :03:

It doesn't get as cold in Stockholm compared to up north.

Here we can get a period where it's around -20°C or colder. I live quite close to the coast. It's colder further inland,

The coldest temperature I've experienced is -30°C. Now that's cold!

Catfish 08-28-16 05:07 AM

Phew, in Sweden, is it as hot as in Germany? We have almost 40 degrees Celsius here :sunny::cool: