SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   where can i rebuy the game again? -.- (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=233865)

jagger2 11-23-17 01:22 AM

Amazon

Aktungbby 11-23-17 04:29 AM

welcome aboard!

jagger2!:Kaleun_Salute:

Nerazzurri 11-28-17 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyborg322 (Post 2526875)
Ahoy ! :Kaleun_Salute:

I could not find Steam version on Amazon. ( Both thru the Subsim Link or Direct thru browser ) I checked on the Steam Community Hub and Silent Hunter 5 is listed as N/A

There are several versions of the game on Amazon and as you can see there is a huge variation in prices

I noticed it is now Published by Blacklime Games ( Focus Essential ) as a DVD no idea when that happened. Cannot find much info on them

There is also an option to buy a UPlay Key ( Ubisoft Version )

The is Gold Edition which is just the Standard version patched

Special collectors Edition has dropped to around the same price as other versions . you get a fairly decent *map with Shipping lanes , an *Official Guide book ( Not sure if its the same book reprinted to look aged )
*7 Extra UBoat and Ship Skins but I can't imagine that is the case.
Oh and a Nice looking box

You should have no problems with your system spec I had GTX660 2GB Vram ( Older version of your 960 ) + i5 3570k until upgrading 1yr ago Max Graphics settings no problem WOS v 2.09

Thanks for your very informative help Simon :up:

Sorry for the delayed response - life, you know :/\\!!:/\\!!

THEBERBSTER 11-28-17 01:53 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > jagger2
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below

XenonSurf 08-15-18 09:32 AM

I have good news for anyone buying the game be it on Steam, be it U-play or digital download.
I will soon release a mod that guarantees the campaign advancement in any case. You will be able to play the stock campaign with the tonnage bar, without the tonnage bar, or load any working modlist you want, plus you can load OH2 campaign mod if you want and play with or without tonnage bar. In any case you will be able to progress through the campaign from start to end.
I'm doing the last mod testings and will publish it soon on Mediafire with exact instructions. While this mod will not eliminate the major stock game malfunctions, what it will do is to eliminate campaign related problems that make the game unplayable.

TWoS players can already do this now without the need of any special mod, the newest TWoS mod versions can be installed over a Steam SH5 game without problems. My mod just adds this functionality in a scenario without TWoS.

kapuhy 03-04-19 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KirinFrost (Post 2519250)
P.s. i dont want the steam version of the game for i heard that some mods cannot work with it :(

I don't know about other mods, but TWoS megamod works just fine with steam version (I use it).

abaileyatd 03-04-19 01:42 PM

All I can say is that I am using the Steam version and at least TWOS modpack works great for me, so I think some of the Steam issues have been worked out? At least I can say it does work now for TWOS.

james_IL 03-07-19 03:22 AM

rebuy

I own the dvd version and when I log into ubisoft its in my games list to download so why rebuy?

u crank 04-20-19 05:29 AM

^Reported.

XenonSurf 04-20-19 09:58 AM

The DVD version will not work for you if you buy it second-hand, the game's key code is only valid for the first user which has logged in to Ubisoft. Ubisoft doesn't any longer support this game, you would need to open an account with U-Play and re-buy the game (*).

(*) If you were able to install game from DVD, then go in the Support folder and launch the executable here. It will connect you with U-Play (you need to be online!) and you can see if the game is in your account. If it's not you would have to re-buy it, using the game key code from DVD will not work if you have bought the DVD second-hand, even if the seller provides you with his account data.
But good news: if you were able to install the game, then go look in the thread link at the end of this post, and follow instructions in that thread (the response post where I start to say "There is another solution...")

All this means...

DO NOT buy second-hand SH5 DVDs. Instead, buy a digital download, or buy the Steam version and if you don't want to play TWoS, then go look in this thread what you can do (but I do not recoomend it to do, instead play TWoS which is the best mod.):

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=240477

SteamSub 04-20-19 12:31 PM

Bought on GameBillet activated on UPLAY

Since UPLAY titles through Steam give lip sometimes, I waited until a UPLAY activation was available and got it off of GameBillet

https://www.gamebillet.com/search?q=silent+hunter

Still on sale at this time 66% 3.35 US

AP514 06-25-19 08:21 AM

+1 for Kinguin.net get the Standard Version
1) update Standard Version to 1.2 (now you have Gold version-Free)
2) add TWO's

Aktungbby 06-25-19 09:24 AM

welcome aboard!

karishma36!:Kaleun_Salute: