SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL] Accurate German Flags (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=162671)

etheberge 03-01-10 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragtag (Post 1285478)
Works fine except for the swaztika on Bismarcks deck. Anyone know which file that is?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highbury (Post 1286440)
Silent Hunter 5\data\sea\NBB_Bismark\NMS_Bismark_AO01.dds

Looks like that is it.

Thanks guys I didn't think to change this one. I modified the first post with an updated download that includes the modified skin for the Biskmark.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pict...pictureid=1350

Re-download the updated zip file if you've already installed the mod.

Thanks again,

GFC Christian 03-02-10 02:49 AM

Danke schoen, etheberge :up:

JScones 03-02-10 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 1286018)
The 'G' stands for 'Generic'. JSGME was made to work with any game, and I think long before SH3 came out.

:yep: I first wrote it back in 1998 when I was modding Flying Corps Gold and EAW. Took 7 years before Beery coaxed me into releasing it.

Sgtmonkeynads 03-02-10 03:36 AM

@JSCONES ( and every other person out there that makes a Mod)

I thank you for doing so! So many of you guys do so much for free,
I wish there was a way to repay the community, besides donating.

FIREWALL 03-03-10 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etheberge (Post 1286665)
It seems like you're looking in the wrong place Firewall. The default installation path for the game is now C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\. It looks like you're checking C:\Program Files\Ubisoft

You were right on the money Thx. :salute:

I feel like a dope. :doh: :rotfl2:

redcoat22 03-03-10 04:54 PM

Any word on the uniform fixes too? Hats mainly

Davion 03-04-10 09:24 AM

I've started editing the aircraft .dds files for Germany, replacing the crosses on the tails with the historical hakenkreuz, once I finish 'em up I can pass them on to you if you'd like.

soldat32 03-04-10 05:12 PM

I understand that its illegal in Germany to have swastikas,maybe a few other countries but its ridiculous.I am not condoning nazism here but its history and it should not be censored.The hammer and sickle,Che Guevara symbols,and anything else having to do with communism is just as bad and yet they are not outlawed.Considering how many people were wiped out due to communism,far outweighs the numbers at Nazi hands.:roll:

Thanks to the modder's for mods.:up:

DaWu 03-04-10 06:16 PM

thanks mate. great work

McHibbins 03-04-10 07:09 PM

THX mate :yeah:

mobucks 03-05-10 08:02 AM

can't get it to work, even went as far as directly overwriting the files without JSGME, and still old flags inside sub pen. i hate this game.

LiveGoat 03-05-10 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soldat32 (Post 1293943)
I understand that its illegal in Germany to have swastikas,maybe a few other countries but its ridiculous.I am not condoning nazism here but its history and it should not be censored.The hammer and sickle,Che Guevara symbols,and anything else having to do with communism is just as bad and yet they are not outlawed.Considering how many people were wiped out due to communism,far outweighs the numbers at Nazi hands.:roll:

Thanks to the modder's for mods.:up:

I hear you. There's a bar in New York called KGB Bar and it's totally done up in the Soviet style with pictures of all the usual suspects adorning the walls. The place is always packed with the hip crowd. I've only been there a few times to see friends in plays in the little theatre above it (called "The Red Room"), but I find the place repulsive. I've always thought if I ever got the cash, I'd open a bar across the street from it called "SS" just to make a point but I guess I'd just be stooping to their level.

Of course that's different from a historical sim, in which accuracy should be adhered to.

Davion 03-05-10 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobucks (Post 1295221)
can't get it to work, even went as far as directly overwriting the files without JSGME, and still old flags inside sub pen. i hate this game.

The sub pen at the title screen or actually in game?

etheberge 03-05-10 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davion (Post 1292728)
I've started editing the aircraft .dds files for Germany, replacing the crosses on the tails with the historical hakenkreuz, once I finish 'em up I can pass them on to you if you'd like.

Sounds good Davion, feel free to release them separately too, whatever you'd like. I know I'd use them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by redcoat22 (Post 1290951)
Any word on the uniform fixes too? Hats mainly

I'll look into it but I doubt I'll be changing those, we'll see. I'm sure someone much more skilled than me will be releasing all new uniforms pretty soon anyway.

etheberge 03-05-10 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobucks (Post 1295221)

You are copying the flag.dds file to Silent Hunter 5\Data\Textures\TNormal\tex and nothing changes? That's strange.

And like Davion said, you're not just looking at the pen in the main menu right?