SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   Wolves of Steel Crashes as soon as you enter the game. (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=235157)

The Skip' 10-31-17 11:24 PM

Wolves of Steel Crashes as soon as you enter the game.

Just installed SH5, and appear to have successfully installed the wolves of steel (I followed all of the instructions). The game loads just fine and I have the new cool menu and music, but as soon as I enter the museum or try to do any kind of mission, it will go to the loading screen and then promptly CTD. I have monkeyed with Graphics settings but the same thing happens.

Does anybody have any ideas?

THEBERBSTER 11-01-17 04:34 AM

Hi TS
Tips for stable gameplay (important):
- Do not jump from historical missions or museum into campaign directly, and vice versa. When you wish to load individual gamesave or Historical mission, restart the game first. SH tends to "remember" some things from previous sessions which can effect stability and corrupt gamesaving function.

Post #5 Update SH5 From v1.0.5.0 To v1.2.0 Immediately After Installing

Can you post your mods list please.
Post #9 JSGME How To Export Your Mod List To A Subsim Post
Peter

gambla 11-01-17 09:36 AM

I just had my experience getting SH5 back running. With my fresh exp.: if it CTDs on historic m. / campaign it's probably a mod that causes it. I'd recommend to disable TWOS and try if vanilla sh5 runs fine. This way you can narrow down the issue. good luck

vdr1981 11-01-17 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Skip' (Post 2522573)

Does anybody have any ideas?

Inadequate game /mod installation for sure...:yep: You have probably forgot to update your game to v1.2.0...

The Skip' 11-01-17 02:14 PM

Bingo! I'm pretty sure I didn't update to 1.2.0. I'll give it a try

vdr1981 11-01-17 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Skip' (Post 2522573)
Just installed SH5, and appear to have successfully installed the wolves of steel (I followed all of the instructions).

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Skip' (Post 2522706)
Bingo! I'm pretty sure I didn't update to 1.2.0. I'll give it a try

How did you mange to activate Generic Patcher then? :hmm2:

The Skip' 11-06-17 07:27 PM

No idea! Either way, I reinstalled everything the right way and now it is perfectly fine.

On a side note, all the characters in my game speak in german and I was curious how to get them back to english. (I never saw any prompts during installation to set my desired language.)

HW3 11-06-17 11:15 PM

Look for this download in the sticky tips thread in this forum.
"English Crew Voices By Kevinsue"

SS Norholm 11-07-17 03:41 AM

Hey The Skip, you should leave the German voices on it's more immersive.
I'm sure someone else asked about that the other day too.
You still get English translation of most things they say in your message box. And subtitles when you interact and speak with the crew.

Plus as a bonus you'll learn a bit more German!

Gvozden 08-25-18 10:19 AM

Downloaded the game few days ago, updated it to 1.2.0 Installed wolves of steel step by step. As soon as I start new campaign it crashes. Please help.

Aktungbby 08-25-18 11:47 AM

welcome aboard!

Gvozden!:Kaleun_Salute:

XenonSurf 08-25-18 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gvozden (Post 2566408)
Downloaded the game few days ago, updated it to 1.2.0 Installed wolves of steel step by step. As soon as I start new campaign it crashes. Please help.

What is your OS and your installation location? Do you have a Steam install and did the right step in TWoS install?
Most likely reason: your install folder or your hard drive you install upon are write-protected which should not be the case for running the game.

THEBERBSTER 08-26-18 04:11 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Gvosden
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

Gvozden 08-27-18 09:14 AM

Thank you all for a welocme. Anyways, I found and fixed the problem. Wolves of steel now works properly. Happy hunting kameraden and see you on a horizon.:Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Cheers:

hauangua 08-27-18 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gvozden (Post 2566651)
Thank you all for a welocme. Anyways, I found and fixed the problem. Wolves of steel now works properly. Happy hunting kameraden and see you on a horizon.:Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Cheers:

Maybe if you say how you solved, it could help others...