SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   *** Downloading SH4 U-Boat Missions through Subsim *** (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=131893)

Onkel Neal 02-28-08 08:03 PM

*** Downloading SH4 U-Boat Missions through Subsim ***

Well, if you decide to download online copy of the game, you can click the links below or the banner above and Subsim will get a small commission from Amazon at no extra cost to you.

Silent Hunter 4 U-Boat Add-on

Silent Hunter 4

thanks and good hunting!
Neal

stabiz 02-28-08 08:44 PM

Dang, only US, Canada and Mexico.

Onkel Neal 02-28-08 10:00 PM

Yeah, if you cannot use the Subsim link, definitely go through Ubi, they get the bucks.

SurfnSea 02-29-08 12:10 AM

Thanks Neal. I found this thread after posting a question about this. I got my copy from the link above. I must say, I'm enjoying SH4 and the add-on even though I did not jump onto the SH4 ship until recently.

HEMISENT 02-29-08 08:57 AM

Sorry Neal
Bummer, at 592mb the DL is too big. I've got some dumbass 200mb dl limit with this satellite provider (Hughes, used to be Direcway). Something called a "fair access policy". Shuts down my service for 24 hours if I exceed it.

Can I get the disc from Go Gamer and will it work with the SH3 game purchased in the US?

What moron marketing genius decided not to make the discs available to the US market. I'd gladly buy the disc through subsim.

TDK1044 02-29-08 09:26 AM

According to the Devs, you can use the European CD version of the Add On to install within the US version of the game.

"The only difference between EMEA and US versions is the logo. The Marketing guys decided the logo for the US should lack the 4 in Silent Hunter 4. That's it. Unless the add-on's installer doesn't allow you to put it, the game itself works just fine."

"The colleague that created the installer for the add-on says EMEA add-on over US SH4 has been handled."

Boris 02-29-08 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDK1044
According to the Devs, you can use the European CD version of the Add On to install within the US version of the game.

"The only difference between EMEA and US versions is the logo. The Marketing guys decided the logo for the US should lack the 4 in Silent Hunter 4. That's it. Unless the add-on's installer doesn't allow you to put it, the game itself works just fine."

"The colleague that created the installer for the add-on says EMEA add-on over US SH4 has been handled."

The European download version is 14.95€ though. Not that I mind paying a bit extra.

Major Johnson 02-29-08 10:20 AM

Ah finally! I'll be downloading 2 copies when I get home tonight!! :p

HEMISENT 02-29-08 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDK1044

Thank you!
Heading over to Go Gamer now.

SuperCavitation 03-01-08 11:31 AM

Is the contribution transparent? I never saw anything on D2D (and I did follow the banner from here) that pointed at the Subsim site.

Cav

Major Johnson 03-01-08 12:29 PM

I know I'm gonna be a minority on this, but I just downloaded the expansion from Direct2Drive. As I previously posted, I wanted 2 copies, as I wanted to give one as a gift. First off there was no option for updating the quanitity. :-? All I wanted was to purchase an extra license to keep everything above board, and then give that license to my brother. No way Jose. :-? So I figure ok, I'll just download it twice and put the 2nd in a different directory. Sorry Charlie, you purchased it once, can't purchase it again. :o So then I try to select "yes" that it's a gift. Well then they want the receiver's info. I know for a fact the person I'm giving it too isn't gonna want an account on that site or them having his email address. All I wanted was to give him a copy with no strings attached. And they force you to create an account for the person, so only they can download it?? What if they have a dialup connection?? OR some other limitation?? That just sux as far as I'm concerned. :down: My main intent was for Subsim to get a little credit for my purchases, that's all. And they did, for my purchase. But now I'm gonna have to go to UBI and download it from their site. Just wanted to post a little heads up incase anyone else was thinking the same thing.

Madox58 03-01-08 12:39 PM

Got my copy through your link Neal.
:up:

acid1216 03-05-08 01:30 PM

WIll the downloaded version from the link above work with the boxed version of SH4 I bought at Amazon?

Onkel Neal 03-05-08 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by privateer
Got my copy through your link Neal.

Thanks, mate.

Madox58 03-05-08 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acid1216
WIll the downloaded version from the link above work with the boxed version of SH4 I bought at Amazon?

I don't see why it would not.
I bought my boxed SH4 in Texas.
Bought the Expansion from the link.
Works fine together.