SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   SH5 Megamod queries (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=238827)

subsimmer49 10-10-18 10:08 AM

SH5 Megamod queries

Hi.

I need some help please regarding the SH5 megamod. Please be patient with me I am very old but new to modding. I had a successful instalation and the game goes well and is great. However I don't seem to have the same interface as some of the pics I have seen. I can't get the crew to appear at the bottom of the screen and also I don't have any of the dials etc shown in the KiUB user guide pic.

I would be very grateful if someone could advise me on how I can apply these two items.

Many thanks.

vdr1981 10-10-18 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subsimmer49 (Post 2572052)
Hi.

I need some help please regarding the SH5 megamod. Please be patient with me I am very old but new to modding. I had a successful instalation and the game goes well and is great. However I don't seem to have the same interface as some of the pics I have seen. I can't get the crew to appear at the bottom of the screen and also I don't have any of the dials etc shown in the KiUB user guide pic.

I would be very grateful if someone could advise me on how I can apply these two items.

Many thanks.

Hi subsimmer49,
Can you please post few pictures as a example of what would you like to accomplish and what do you have currently in your game?

subsimmer49 10-10-18 12:11 PM

Thanks for your quick reply. I will try and take picture of what I have and what I have seen in the forum. It may take me a while as I have to work out how to take the pics. I will get back as soon as possible.

Thankyou

vdr1981 10-10-18 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subsimmer49 (Post 2572064)
Thanks for your quick reply. I will try and take picture of what I have and what I have seen in the forum. It may take me a while as I have to work out how to take the pics. I will get back as soon as possible.

Thankyou

Ctrl+F11 is command for screenshots which will be created in your main install folder...:yep:

Just hover your mouse near bottom of the screen and the crew will appear...

subsimmer49 10-10-18 12:49 PM

Thank you for being patient. I will give it a go.

vdr1981 10-10-18 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subsimmer49 (Post 2572073)
Thank you for being patient. I will give it a go.

You're quite welcome. :salute: Happy hunting!

subsimmer49 10-10-18 02:30 PM

Hi.

I have taken pics and have been trying for a long time to send them to you. I keep getting message that there are too many characters although I made the images a lot smaller. I will try again tomorrow. In the meantime I did hover my mouse at the bottom of the screen but still no sign of the crew icons.

Have a good evening.

Regards

vdr1981 10-10-18 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subsimmer49 (Post 2572081)

In the meantime I did hover my mouse at the bottom of the screen but still no sign of the crew icons.

I'm afraid that means that you did not install the mod properly. Are you sure that you have specified correct install location for TWoS megamod?

subsimmer49 10-10-18 03:20 PM

I think you are probably right. I must go back and read the instructions again. Does that mean I have to uninstall everything even the original game.? Not being used to installing mods I find it a bit confusing. The original game was installed to programmes x86 and I therefore installed the mods and msg me to the same place. :hmmm:

subsimmer49 10-10-18 03:21 PM

Sorry that last bit should be jsgme

THEBERBSTER 10-10-18 03:22 PM

Hi s
Take a look at these.
Post #237 How To Post A Picture To A Subsim Post Part 1 > Using The Picture Viewer > IrfanView > Pictorial > Missing pictures replaced

Post #238 How To Post A Picture To A Subsim Post Part 2 >Using The Uploader > Postimage > Pictorial > Missing pictures replaced

Peter

subsimmer49 10-10-18 03:41 PM

Thank you Peter. I see you are in Dibden Purlieu. I’m originally from Southampton but moved to Paignton when I retired 4 years ago. It’s a different world here everything waits until tomorrow. I won’t mention football.

Cheers

Garry

Aktungbby 10-10-18 07:24 PM

Welcome aboard! I

subsimmer49!:Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER 10-10-18 07:32 PM

Hi Gary
Tropical Devon Riviera very nice, nothing wrong with being laid back when you are retired.
Time is just racing by here.

I was playing in a support band to Unit 4 + 2 on a bank holiday week end in Paignton in the sixties and 30 people turned up.
Peter

subsimmer49 10-11-18 01:03 AM

Ah. Nothing’s changed obviously. They’ve got tribute band to the Wurzels.
:arrgh!::Kaleun_Cheers::