SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Realism- and gameplay-related hardcode fixes for SH3.EXE (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=174225)

Wolfstriked 06-08-11 08:45 PM

H.sie....possible to fix the raingear not coming out in storms unless you put each crew member inside the boat and back on deck again.You "could" just do a quick dive and before it has a chance to submerge you surface the boat and the crew will have rain gear on.But that is not fun....just wondering if thats doable?

h.sie 06-09-11 02:27 AM

@Wolfstriked: Months ago I looked into that issue and already had a working solution. Shortly before release, I discovered that it had an unwanted side-effect which I couldn't solve, so that I put it back on the todo-list.

reminder: The main focus of my work is gameplay related fixes (I know that there are exceptins from that). The problem mentioned above does not belong into that category.

Hitman 06-09-11 08:42 AM

@Stiebler: Thanks anyway, I'll try to keep thinking about other improvements for the game :up:

@H.Sie: No problem, as you wish. Any other thread maintenance thing you need for me, just call :up:

Wolfstriked 06-09-11 01:03 PM

The to-do list is good enough,thanks H.sie.

Crécy 06-13-11 04:34 AM

Hi, I'm not able to patch SH3.exe as my .exe file is 1.4. Is there a way to still enable these realism and hardcore fixes?

h.sie 06-13-11 05:27 AM

@Crecy: In the next hours/days I'll release a new beta version V15G1. The patcher will now also support starforce contaminated sh3.exe. Try that one, maybe it works for you. If you want to play with it instead of beta testing, just disable the new fixes that came with V15G1, so you quasi have the last stable version V15F3.

it's hardcode fixes, not hardcore

Crécy 06-13-11 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h.sie (Post 1682720)
@Crecy: In the next hours/days I'll release a new beta version V15G1. The patcher will now also support starforce contaminated sh3.exe. Try that one, maybe it works for you. If you want to play with it instead of beta testing, just disable the new fixes that came with V15G1, so you quasi have the last stable version V15F3.

Ok, great! :yeah:

Quote:

Originally Posted by h.sie (Post 1682720)
it's hardcode fixes, not hardcore

Haha :DL.

Wolfstriked 06-13-11 12:37 PM

Hsie,any idea why everything works from the patch but I do not get the scope vibrations from speed?

frau kaleun 06-13-11 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfstriked (Post 1682922)
Hsie,any idea why everything works from the patch but I do not get the scope vibrations from speed?

Did you copy the files from the Supplement folder into your game folder? There should be three: CameraBehavior.act, EnvSim.act, and SH3Sim.act. The first one gives you the blur effect on the 'scopes as you increase speed, if you don't use h.sie's version you will not see the effect.

h.sie 06-13-11 02:00 PM

ALL files from the supplement folder should be used / copied using JSGME. These files are not optional, they are essential. (the only non-essential is camerabehavior.act - if you don't use it, you don't have the periscope "vibration".).

EnvSim.act is not contained (it was only part of Stieblers edition)

Wolfstriked 06-13-11 02:03 PM

Did not know that,thanks.

h.sie 06-13-11 05:22 PM

New version V15G1 available for beta testing!

What's new?

(This is only a short overview of the news - a detailed description of the fixes will be added to the 1st post of this thread during the next days).
  • Stieblers U-Tanker Fix V2 (reworked by h.sie). Pseudo-docking at an U-Tanker allows partial repairs of pressure-hull and refuelling and - new in V2 : reloading of 1-4 air torpedoes (to the internal fore reserve slots). LI now gives some status reports.
  • BDU-Messages Mod (based on Stieblers BDU-congratulations mod): Instead of the monotonic 2-3 standard BDU responses to status reports there are now 28 different messages that will be sent, depending on tonnage sunk, fuel supply, hull damage, remaining torpedoes.
  • Radar Fix. Radar automatically switches back to ON state, when it has been switched OFF in high waves. Additionally, now the default state is OFF when a game is loaded.
  • Stieblers WarNews Fix (reworked): TC doesn't drop down to 1 when a radio message is received.
  • Fog Warning: Watch Officer now also reports when fog disappears.
  • Reworked O2-Gauges by SquareSteelBar.
  • SilentRunning Fix (by Stiebler and h.sie): I added this fix, although it has some potential for optimizations and I can recommend it only for NYGM players! Thus, it is deactivated per default. If you want to use it, you have to activate it with the OptionsSelector. This fix will be replaced as soon as I find a better buoyancy solution.
Thanks go to:
  • Stiebler: For his permission to modify his fixes and for message translation into english.
  • SquareSteelBar: for the gauges.
  • All the testers and reporters that help to optimise the fixes.

complutum 06-13-11 06:35 PM

As i have stieblers patch installed, how can i install your V15G version?

I understand i must take the SH3.old file and rename it as SH3.exe again and then i can apply your new test patch, obviously i think i must delete my current SH3.exe wich is patched with stieblers one.

Am i right?

Thanks for your un incredible Job. That Makes SH3 more than a simply Gámez.

h.sie 06-14-11 01:11 AM

@complutum: your strategy is correct. but make sure to have a copy of your original unpatched sh3.exe somewhere on your HDD, since that file is always the basis for further patches.

h.sie 06-14-11 01:13 AM

(double post - deleted)