SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   Panzer Commander help needed (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=179185)

tankchick 01-17-11 11:19 AM

Panzer Commander help needed

I am new to tank sims and really want to play this one but need help. I have service pack 2 and 1.3 patch but it will only let me do the training and if i try to go into Cupola view unbuttoned or drivers view it will lock up and you have to restart computer. If i try to go into the game it just returns me back to the main menu. Can anyone tell me what i need to do? I am so ready to play this game and getting frustrated cause it isn't working. Thanks

BPNZ 01-29-11 07:55 PM

Hi TC,

Panzer Commander certainly has some problems with XP and modern video hardware.

You might try switching, is it real world physics? off, as it usually crashes the game within a short time. For me game plays OK if I do that.

Also models tend to be slightly see through as I assume modern video drivers don't support the old way of doing rendering sequences.

See if any of that helps anyway :)

Pity 1.4 wasn't finished.
Still a fun game and the campaigns are great.

Cheers

Scotty 02-28-11 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tankchick (Post 1576092)
I am new to tank sims and really want to play this one but need help. I have service pack 2 and 1.3 patch but it will only let me do the training and if i try to go into Cupola view unbuttoned or drivers view it will lock up and you have to restart computer. If i try to go into the game it just returns me back to the main menu. Can anyone tell me what i need to do? I am so ready to play this game and getting frustrated cause it isn't working. Thanks

Using Xp on a 2,2 GHZ system, mine too locked up often, after much tinkering, the best solution was a CPU slowdown program..
slowing things down to 10-20% made it about 100% reliable.

use patch PZC 1,3, not 1.4.. as 1.4 is not a official patch and some of the armor rating changed to less authentic

have fun.

ZeeWolf 02-28-11 12:36 PM

Hi Tankchic,
Do you have the proper Direct X version installed :hmmm:

ZeeWolf

Gerald 02-28-11 12:38 PM

Welcome tankchick!

:up:

MaddogK 03-12-11 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty (Post 1608490)
Using Xp on a 2,2 GHZ system, mine too locked up often, after much tinkering, the best solution was a CPU slowdown program..
slowing things down to 10-20% made it about 100% reliable.

use patch PZC 1,3, not 1.4.. as 1.4 is not a official patch and some of the armor rating changed to less authentic

have fun.

TY, took you're advice and set it up using 'moslo4biz', running S=30k, method 4 (for XP) and stability has been near 100%- tho a couple training missions are still buggy in v1.3. Actually set up the graphics to 'full candy' but am running my nvidia card in compatibility mode, physics still disabled.

A few more tweeks and all should be golden, I'll have to try this slow-down proggy for wipeout.
;)

penner 06-02-11 06:24 AM

Crash problem solved !

Hah, finally I found a way to get rid of the annoying frequent crashes/BSOD's!
The solution is "sandboxie". I run this game through the sandbox with all graphics enabled (except real physics) and the game runs great. No crashes, no lockups.:woot:
The only thing I couldn't solve is the chase view problem. I don't think there is a solution other then going back to Win98.:doh: