SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Dangerous Waters (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Q: What Modded DW do most people here play? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=216902)

Berzerkly 11-20-14 10:20 AM

Q: What Modded DW do most people here play?

If I'm going to play DW here in this site/ forum, and (eventually, let me get in a few more scenarios) play team play and other multiplayer games, I would probably want to have the same setup that others here have, right? LWAMI, RA, sound and skin mods.... how compatable are the DW games between players that don't have the same mods? Forgive me if this question has been asked before, I took a quick look around for an existing thread.

ikalugin 11-20-14 10:21 AM

Reinforced Alert 1.38.

Berzerkly 11-20-14 11:10 AM

RE: RA 1.38

Thank you! And all of those sound mods and other things don't matter, they won't interfere with multiplayer action?

USA~Driver 11-23-14 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berzerkly (Post 2262694)
Thank you! And all of those sound mods and other things don't matter, they won't interfere with multiplayer action?

All players should to be modded to the same standard to avoid database conflict errors.

It's a close call, but I would also go with the latest Reinforced Alert modification.

Pigmachine 11-24-14 02:15 PM

RA 1.38 only for me, haven't even tried the others.. so I'm biased towards the first mod I installed and really really liked!

Thinly Sliced Ham 11-27-14 03:39 AM

Related question:

Does RA alter DW's core mechanics enough that I should learn 'vanilla' DW before jumping into RA?

Does RA change the gameplay significantly? or am I just depriving myself of its ships/subs/shiny things by cutting my teeth on the base game?

ikalugin 11-27-14 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinly Sliced Ham (Post 2264446)
Related question:

Does RA alter DW's core mechanics enough that I should learn 'vanilla' DW before jumping into RA?

Does RA change the gameplay significantly? or am I just depriving myself of its ships/subs/shiny things by cutting my teeth on the base game?

You would need to look into the weapon's documentation, to understand the various settings they could be used with.

But otherwise, RA is more or less the same as the vanilla.

Thinly Sliced Ham 11-27-14 06:14 AM

Exactly what I was hoping to hear, thanks for the speedy reply!

Starting the download right now :rock:

Tango589 11-27-14 12:21 PM

LWAMI is the mod that drastically alters the game parameters for sensor ranges, weapon capabilities etc., it's my mod of choice.

Blacklight 11-27-14 10:01 PM

I use LWAMI myself. It's the one I've stuck with over the years.
You're going to get two answers to this question as there are two types of people here. LWAMI fans and RA fans. :)
Both are good depending on what you like. I prefer LWAMI, myself.

Pigmachine 12-25-14 04:02 PM

RA 1.39 Now :woot::D

Nukesub 01-11-15 01:38 PM

I started out watching FPSchazly's videos to learn to play so I stuck with stock DW for the first few months. I just recently switched to LWAMI b/c it seemed to me (from reading the patch notes and peoples reviews of it) that it increased realism without seriously deviating the fidelity of the game from the stock version. Thats just how I see it. Also the updated models look really really good :D

banryu79 01-12-15 07:05 AM

I run with LWAMI too (what a great work they made).