SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   New Member (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=156953)

Dr_Stuie 10-05-09 04:45 PM

I'm probly posting this in the wrong place, but i looked and couldn't find a better place to put this, sooo,

I'd like to say thanks to the subsim crew, i just now got the time (and the balls) to sign up, i have used the site before, just not as a member, sincei got SH4. I was looking for a new WW2 subsim after finaly getting Aces of the Deep to work on Vista. Between pangs of nostalgia after playing the game i found this website. The only thing i can't stand about this (and other) forums is the way people call flamers "irresponsible 14 year olds" I mean, come on, not EVERY 14 year old is disrespectful idiot who feels they have to make a point through useless insults. but a lot are. not all.

Dr_Stuie (name not a family guy reference)

Sledgehammer427 10-05-09 04:50 PM

Welcome aboard! :up:

you will find a respectful community here, arguments rarely turn for the worse, and the instigators are punished according to Subsim rules. I'm not one to ask, but there should be someone dropping in any moment to link the rules or the FAQ. I just stay out of arguments. That's the way to go about it.

again, welcome aboard:sunny:

GoldenRivet 10-05-09 05:04 PM

Weclome aboard! :salute:

FIREWALL 10-05-09 05:08 PM

:salute:

Thomen 10-05-09 05:16 PM

Welcome! :yeah:

Platapus 10-05-09 05:19 PM

Welcome aboard :salute:

Other than the GT forum, this site is an excellent way to learn how to get the mostest from your sim. Between the stickies and the smart people here, we got the answer to your question!

The GT forum gets a little hairy at times (if that's not the understatement of the year) :haha: but don't take it too seriously. :know:

Now get off of GT and get back to sinking ships! :arrgh!:

Onkel Neal 10-05-09 05:21 PM

Welcome aboard!

Dowly 10-05-09 06:28 PM

Welcome! :salute:

CastleBravo 10-05-09 07:01 PM

Cheers.

Torplexed 10-05-09 07:21 PM

Greetings! :ping:

Torvald Von Mansee 10-06-09 01:27 AM

Welcome!!!!!

UnderseaLcpl 10-06-09 02:51 AM

If this one is a bot, it's a good one:DL

Welcome aboard, Doctor! I'm happy to say that for the most part, you won't see the verbal antics that take place on other forums. Neal and the mods keep everything in order, and we're all friends here.

So...why don't you tell us a bit about yourself? Job? School? Hobbies? Stories? The GT forum is the place to say it. There's even a sticky thread for intros and bios.

Again, welcome aboard!:salute:

SteamWake 10-06-09 08:37 AM

It takes balls to sign up for SubSim ? :03:

Heh... welocme to the forums.

Dr_Stuie 10-06-09 07:17 PM

holy...

man, one day and look at all the replys, well i glad to be here, as for bio, i'm just a high schooler, i know that you guys are probaly trustworthy, but i'm a little too woried about all the weirdos out there stalking people to give any real life specifics, i joined mostly for the downloads, but the community looks great. thanks.

and UnderseaLcpL, your correct, if i am a bot, i am pretty good.

Shearwater 10-06-09 07:43 PM

Not giving away too many personal details is a sensible approach at any rate - and if you want to, it can always be done in a jiffy.
But most importantly:

Welcome aboard mate! :salute: