SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   i44 currently the best mp ww2 tanksim? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=176937)

frinik 11-10-10 07:51 AM

Very Good Modelling

There 's also Red Orchestra which is MP although not really a tanksim.

Lovely models and nice landscapes! Well done Guys!Kudos Murkz!

I agree with Murkz always give modders a chance before judging.Just because the original game sucks doesn't mean that modders can't improve it and make it good.It's easy to disparage the work of others but courageous to mod and create something new! Look at what ZeeWolf made with Tvst.

I don't have Arma II and MP does not turn me on but those lovely models really make me regret both:cry:

Cheers and good luck Murkz!

murkz 11-10-10 08:15 AM

Yes good call frinik, I had forgotten about RO and version 2 of RO looks so good inside the tank :)

Chucky 11-11-10 08:39 AM

This looked like a very good reason to dust off my copy of ARMA 2 but then I saw the instructions for the Steam version and it looks beyond me :hmmm:

Jochem 01-15-11 07:38 PM

I44 is really really fun, but need some servers to play. if someone could post some ones, it could be nice ;)

Stormfly 02-26-11 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jochem (Post 1575130)
I44 is really really fun, but need some servers to play. if someone could post some ones, it could be nice ;)

there is a new Italian I44 Warfare mission 1.1 (BE Warfare clone) running using Operation Arrowhead, simply filter "Invasion" using the server browser.

...you have to delete or move "DAC_Sound.pbo" out of the Invasion44 addon folder, because this file isnt signed, and the server have signature check enabled !

L.T 03-20-11 01:25 PM

geez im trolling...lol...naaaaah

I have arma II and are looking into these mods, but are slightly confused. Are the ww2 mods compatible??

Can someone who play the game post the ww2 mods (links) and please tell me if there are conflics between the different mods...

tx in advance

LT:up:

L.T 03-21-11 08:30 AM

abit confused.

I got the 1.01 to 1.08 patch can i install i44 over that one??

cant find a 1.07 and the beta thing......

realy sux lmao wanna try armaII ww2 style....

hope someone can help..

tx in advance

LT

mengle 03-21-11 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.T (Post 1624615)
abit confused.

I got the 1.01 to 1.08 patch can i install i44 over that one??

cant find a 1.07 and the beta thing......

realy sux lmao wanna try armaII ww2 style....

hope someone can help..

tx in advance

LT

The mod works with 1.08 patch so you don't need the beta
the nect release 2.5 @I44 wil be compatible with arrowhead too

L.T 03-23-11 10:14 AM

awsome...struggeling abit with the shortcut creation...getting the "this object is deletet bla bla" i know how to fix it just not sure how to do it ,lol.....but getyting assistance today by a m8 :) so soon i roam the i44 battlefields wooooot

L.T 03-24-11 03:55 AM

got it working its aaaaawsooome.....have a few probs with controls etc...but having loads of fun :)

L.T 03-26-11 03:17 AM

Im the owner of "only ww2 relatet"

TvsT
SF
And now arma2 i44

And after an evening of fun with i44 i give a noobs perspective on i44 compared to the others.

TvsT is the "ultimate" sim, but as stock game everything outside the tanks are a big disapointment. AI especialy infantry feels, well like moving trees. MP was fun the first two weeks, then loads of people found out how to modify some game files creating super tanks.

I know zee have been working on a rewamp of the game, but i dont have that so cant say anything about it.

Steelfury brought emersion to the battlefield, its a great game and you got the feeling that you belonged to the battle and there is 3d crew in the tanks, and that is something i like. Only real downside is no MP, SF would have rocked as a MP game.

i44. The main downer for me. free movement indside tank, but werry "station static viuws" The controls are abit wierd, but when you get used to it its not to bad.

you have 30% less sim feeling, but you have 100% more battlefield envirement, you have infantry that follow you and protect you, and you can have some insane battles online with so many units that you actualy can run out of ammo. I was invitet to a game last night where 3 stug G`s and around 50 infantry should ambush a attack force out side a town.

It was coop and i was in heawy fight for 3 hours, they just kept comming

I44 is not T vs T simulation vice
I44 is not SF from the pure tank perspective

I44 is somewhere in the middle, that even with the limitations can be awsome fun. If you have arma II you should get it to i44 state, i can se many many hours of fun for me with that thing...

LT

vodkaphile 06-22-11 12:00 AM

That looks really awesome.

I'm a long time World War Two Online player but the tank combat in that has declined major over the years. I've also played Red Orchestra and Darkest Hour mod since they've been out.

I need to give this a try.

Capt. Shark Bait 07-05-11 11:30 PM

will this work with the f2p version?

Dowly 07-06-11 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt. Shark Bait (Post 1698544)
will this work with the f2p version?

Free to play version of arma doesn't have mod support, so that'd be no.

zachanscom 07-18-11 06:13 PM

nice graphics, not very indepth though. obviously not the best sim, although it's ok for quick arcade, semi realistic game.