SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   A few years older but back in Command! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=209379)

Sgt Hotcliff 11-30-13 04:20 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aktungbby (Post 2146333)
Gute to see another "horologist" on board; I collect watches and go to watch festivals (Basel) and have a pleasing collection including all the family pocket watches some of which are over 100 years old; Some of my employment involves high-end jewelry security so I see some nice pieces. I also do security at government confiscation auctions so there are bargains. Spent the day at Harrods in London a year or so ago and spent the whole time in the watch department mostly looking at an IWC perpetual calendar that sings to my left wrist but the price was well beyond me with Christmas at hand and a daughter still in college! PM when you've another replica batch for sale, I like old military watches too! Merry Xmas:up:

Ach so mein Freund!

It sounds very interesting indeed. Can understand that IWT piece was tempting :03:
Last year, I got a very nice "Beobachtungsuhr" also a replica, now from Luftwaffe..wonderful stuff they recreate. For this year, they have produced a RAF Pilot Watch WWII , but I have to restrain myself now..there are limits after all. Enclose a few pic's of my german luftwaffe uhr and the coming RAF.

Nice to share some interests here :up:

Merry Xmas to you too,

Hotcliff

Jimbuna 11-30-13 05:24 PM

Welcome back to the community :sunny:

Aktungbby 11-30-13 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgt Hotcliff (Post 2146366)
Ach so mein Freund!

It sounds very interesting indeed. Can understand that IWT piece was tempting :03:
Last year, I got a very nice "Beobachtungsuhr" also a replica, now from Luftwaffe..wonderful stuff they recreate. For this year, they have produced a RAF Pilot Watch WWII , but I have to restrain myself now..there are limits after all. Enclose a few pic's of my german luftwaffe uhr and the coming RAF.

Nice to share some interests here :up:

Merry Xmas to you too,

Hotcliff

Quartz or mechanical movements? actually have Laco 40's movement Flieger watch which I have restored; I keep a watch maker reasonably occupied and just restored a LeCoultre 1957 Bumper-matic thru my Jeweler. The owner didn't want to restore it so I got it for $60 put in the bumpermatic movement ($400) and tadaaA one 1957 $1600+ working timepiece. The (now)JaegerLeCoultre guy at Tourneau said to let him know the next time one comes into play. I get first crack at time pieces that come into play at the local jewelers to appraise or buy and in one instance stopped a fraud on a fake Patek Philippe. There are ethics involved; I contact estate sale agents if something is seriously under priced-generally out of ignorance; Caught a 18 carot gold Gübelin with diamonds-old Deco style going for $50 and we amended it to a more reasonable $10,000...alas no commission-treasure 'im Hölle' only!:wah: and just to stay on thread, when your loader says 'target at two o'clock', u verstag!:haha: