SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL] Real volumetric clouds&fog!! (and is almost done!) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=207786)

sublynx 10-10-13 02:17 AM

Looking very good, again :yeah:

I begin to think we should have a supermod that had all of Rubini's, H.sie's and Stiebler's fixes collected, and of course Leitender's Anschütz compass (what a beauty that is :D) and an environment mod and a GUI mod. It is really becoming a big hassle combining all these mods, even with JSGME.

It's a huge job, though. I wish LSH or NYGM could be combined with Rubini's work - but who am I wishing this, as I myself wouldn't have much time (or knowhow) in helping in this...

Jimbuna 10-10-13 06:28 AM

Looking great :salute:

Myxale 10-10-13 10:47 AM

One of the sweetest mode this year!

Rubini 10-14-13 03:53 PM

First release is on the way, starting the "readme" and finishing the pack this moment. Stay tunned, in few hours ahead yet today. :up:

Kpt. Lehmann 10-14-13 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubini (Post 2128002)
First release is on the way, starting the "readme" and finishing the pack this moment. Stay tunned, in few hours ahead yet today. :up:

Awesome! :up::up::up:

Seeadler 10-14-13 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubini (Post 2123917)
They are for another engine and uses shaders which are absent on sh3.

SH3 also uses shaders (shader model 1.1) but unlike SH4/5 the shaders are coded in the executable. I have a special dll that decodes these shaders and writes it to external shader files but there are only pixel shaders for ocean, terrain, shadow and reflections, not for clouds.

Rubini 10-14-13 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seeadler (Post 2128103)
SH3 also uses shaders (shader model 1.1) but unlike SH4/5 the shaders are coded in the executable. I have a special dll that decodes these shaders and writes it to external shader files but there are only pixel shaders for ocean, terrain, shadow and reflections, not for clouds.

Hi Seeadler,

Thanks for the clarification! And, by the way, I have worked with shadows sometime ago ... and it works but they aren´t casted on the ocean surface (the big main problem), i tried everthing that I could, then i give up. Perhaps with pixel shaders we could make something about?

Rubini 10-14-13 09:52 PM

Ok!
First release is up on the first post!

Moderators: Can you please change that [WIP] for a [REL]? Thanks!:up:

sublynx 10-15-13 01:55 AM

Downloading, I'm really curious and hoping this will work in my mod soup. I think NYGM+MEP is a 20 km environment, so it might not work that well in my rig, but who knows.

Thank you Rubini :rock:

Kpt. Lehmann 10-15-13 06:16 AM

Thank you for your hard work, Dr, Rubini. You are the best! :up::up::up::Kaleun_Periskop:

flakmonkey 10-15-13 06:21 AM

Downloaded and had a play around, so far it looks superb. The added sense of immersion if great, just being able to look back and see St.Nazaire disappearing into a big fluffy cloud on the horizon is amazing. :salute:

Rubini 10-15-13 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flakmonkey (Post 2128236)
Downloaded and had a play around, so far it looks superb. The added sense of immersion if great, just being able to look back and see St.Nazaire disappearing into a big fluffy cloud on the horizon is amazing. :salute:

Thanks guys,

@flakmonkey,
Ehhh... I didin´t tested the mod in an harbour area.:oops::D
Hopes that it really works "well" there too:up:

All@,
Two hours after I have posted the link to download I made a small fix and reuploaded it. This correct and final v1.0 file ends with a "h". Check it out and download it again if necessary. (Sh3_volumetric_clouds&fog_V1h.7z)

Rickster1 10-15-13 10:51 AM

Great mod, love it. Flakmonkey any chance of finishing the rear torp room + a few more men and then this is much much better than sh5. Thanks, all modders

makman94 10-15-13 12:23 PM

ahoy Rubini !

very VERY nice mod :yeah:

thank you

makman94 10-15-13 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seeadler (Post 2128103)

Ahoy Seeadler ,

you mean that with your dll we can have more than one shaders on the water at the same time ? if so...then i think that we will be able to create fantastic waters for sh3.
can you upload it for testing ?