SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   British Football Thread (all divisions) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=206784)

Jimbuna 08-19-13 03:14 PM

British Football Thread (all divisions)

Fresh from the disappointment of the Newcastle v Man City match tonight (and it is only half time atm) I reckon we could use a thread like this for our boasts as well as our moans and groans.

Let's keep it open to any division but most importantly participate and enjoy.

BossMark 08-20-13 04:33 AM

Here is who I think will win their respected league

Premiership-Man City
Championship-QPR
League 1-Wolves
League 2-Southend

Jimbuna 08-20-13 05:01 AM

Back on last nights game:

What a crock of crap, never really expected anything other than a lucky draw at best but certainly not the 4-0 drubbing.

I want a job like Kinnear, he reckons he knows everyone in football and every phone call from him will be answered yet he's failed to arrange even one permanent transfer this season...Pardew must be feeling a little let down and rightly so.

Now as for Wenger offering £10 million for Cabaye on the eve of Newcastles first match of the season, at first I was annoyed but on second thoughts I realised it is the transfer season and anytime is acceptable.

Word has it Cabaye wants to talk to Arsenal and who can blame him especially when looking at the lack of new players at Newcastle...I only hope the club hold out for a lot more but I suspect £12 million or so will be enough to tempt Ashley to line his pockets.

I fear even at this early stage of the season, the future is looking very bleak for the TOON.

BossMark 08-20-13 05:19 AM

Only thing that annoyed me about lasts nights match is that I never called in the bookies to put 4-0 like I sad I was going to do :/\\!!

Jimbuna 08-20-13 05:24 AM

Wages of sin :smug:

BossMark 08-24-13 01:14 PM

Nice win for my Leeds United doing the tractor boys 2-1 :D

Jimbuna 08-24-13 01:39 PM

We may well be playing you next season...in the Championship :)

mapuc 08-24-13 01:45 PM

I see that one of my favorit have played a draw today. Hopefully it will be better in this season

Markus

Jimbuna 08-24-13 01:47 PM

Who might that be?

mapuc 08-24-13 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbuna (Post 2105213)
Who might that be?

Newcastle

Jimbuna 08-25-13 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapuc (Post 2105227)
Newcastle

I never realised you were a TOON fan.

They were booed off the pitch at the final whistle...I fear we are in for a long hard season.

mapuc 08-25-13 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbuna (Post 2105453)
I never realised you were a TOON fan.

They were booed off the pitch at the final whistle...I fear we are in for a long hard season.

I'm not a hardcore toonie, Newcastle is that team I follow most and are most happy about when they win and no, no suicide feelings when they loose. Just a heck there a new game next week.

So they are a kind of favorit to me

Markus

Jimbuna 08-25-13 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapuc (Post 2105527)
I'm not a hardcore toonie, Newcastle is that team I follow most and are most happy about when they win and no, no suicide feelings when they loose. Just a heck there a new game next week.

So they are a kind of favorit to me

Markus

Rgr that :up:

BossMark 08-26-13 10:46 AM

So Man City lose to newly promoted Cardiff City.

Their form in Europe is terrible.

soopaman2 08-26-13 11:06 AM

I hope this is not a hijack, but how many divisions do you guys have, and are they all considered professional?

What is the difference, and is one more popular while another division is kinda laughed at?

Back in the day, with American football, what you may call gridiron, we had an AFL league and an NFL league, they ended up combining due to competition with players, and the fans wanted to see which league was best. (The first championship game was called the Super Bowl)

Do you have your version of a super bowl?

Is there any kind of system to see who is truly the beast of the Isles over there?

I like the sport, they show EPL (Mostly Man U, they jock them good:hmmm:) games here. I just do not understand the divisions and how they work for you guys.