SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL] Unit damage from smoke and/or fires (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=180921)

TheDarkWraith 03-03-11 12:00 AM

[REL] Unit damage from smoke and/or fires

Just as it sounds, now the fires on ships will cause damage and flooding. If there are enough fires and given enough time the unit will lose all HPs and either explode (die) or sink from flooding. I made this for SH5 but ported it over to SH4 and SH3. Planes will now incur damage when they are smoking and/or on fire also.

Unzip straight to MODS folder and enable via JSGME.

Do not have to be inport to enable. Can be enabled/disabled at anytime.

Do to the way I made it work it can be used with stock or any mod.

TheDarkWraith :|\\

v1.0 replaced. As cool as it is that I can lock you out of the file from S3D I changed it so you can in v1.1

v1.1: replaced. Tweaking done

v1.2: replaced

v1.3: changed the way damage is incurred from fires for ships (to allow flooding to be incurred from them). Added damage from smoke and/or fires to airplanes.

v1.4: fixed looping bug in large fire damage

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20131...ge_v1_4_SH3_7z

I don't play SH3 or SH4 anymore (only SH5) so if you need to reach me do so via PM

Bakkels 03-03-11 12:09 AM

Excellent! It always annoyed me that fires didn't seem to cause damage. Especially since I heard the most dangerous thing aboard a ship ironically is fire. (I don't know if that's really true though)

ryanwigginton 03-03-11 12:21 AM

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

Sailor Steve 03-03-11 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bakkels (Post 1610938)
Excellent! It always annoyed me that fires didn't seem to cause damage. Especially since I heard the most dangerous thing aboard a ship ironically is fire. (I don't know if that's really true though)

It is really true. On the other hand, it is possible to have fires raging on deck that look a lot worse than they are, and fires in the bilges eating through the steel hull that can't be seen at all from another ship. Unfortunately the game doesn't allow that kind of fine tuning.

I read TDW's comment on the SH5 boards of slight teething problems with how long it took the fire to accomplish its task. He must have solved it to his satisfaction, but I'm still curious.

SquareSteelBar 03-03-11 02:13 AM

Hi TDW,

TDW_FXU_Fire_Damage_SH3.dat is damaged - impossible to open by S3D

Frontier359 03-03-11 05:24 AM

Wait, doesn't GWX already model fire damage?

KptnLt Eric Karle 03-03-11 06:15 AM

Thanks for this Mod TheDarkWraith but I have a question, is this suitable for stock SHIII or is it aimed at supermod users?

TheDarkWraith 03-03-11 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SquareSteelBar (Post 1610986)
Hi TDW,

TDW_FXU_Fire_Damage_SH3.dat is damaged - impossible to open by S3D

Why do you need to open it with S3D? Use hex editor. I tested it with SH3 and it works fine, not damaged at all.

TheDarkWraith 03-03-11 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KptnLt Eric Karle (Post 1611055)
Thanks for this Mod TheDarkWraith but I have a question, is this suitable for stock SHIII or is it aimed at supermod users?

I tested it with stock SH3 and it worked fine. It can be used on stock or modified game no problem.

TheDarkWraith 03-03-11 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frontier359 (Post 1611042)
Wait, doesn't GWX already model fire damage?

No. Nobody had figured out how to do it until now ;) And it wasn't easy to figure out.

nemo7 03-03-11 08:41 AM

Pretty cool matey. Cheers...:yep:

Hans Witteman 03-03-11 08:57 AM

Hi mate,

Excellent work it was so stupid that fire didn't cause any damage to ships just like they can burn eternally without consequences:hmmm:

Do you granted me permission to add in U-BOOT HAHD?

Thank in advanced:salute:

Best regards Hans

TheDarkWraith 03-03-11 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans Witteman (Post 1611134)
Hi mate,

Excellent work it was so stupid that fire didn't cause any damage to ships just like they can burn eternally without consequences:hmmm:

Do you granted me permission to add in U-BOOT HAHD?

Thank in advanced:salute:

Best regards Hans

Go right ahead :up:

TheDarkWraith 03-03-11 09:25 AM

As cool as it is that I found a way to lock you out of the file from making changes using S3D I adjusted it so you can now in v1.1 :cool:

slipper 03-03-11 09:27 AM

Keep getting a 'file not found' message on filefront. Can somebody confirm please?

regards

slipper