SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   Crew with special abilities and air/surface support (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=132371)

kakemann 03-05-08 03:29 PM

Crew with special abilities and air/surface support

Do anyone know if it is possible to call in air or surface support on the american side after installing the new add-on (1.5)?

And what about crew with special abilities, possible for the american side?

Thanks!

rebel5555 03-05-08 04:04 PM

I haven't been able to call in air support as the US but, the US crew does have abilities.

kakemann 03-05-08 05:41 PM

I know, but I meant special abilities.

The new feature in SH4 1.5

THE_MASK 03-05-08 08:49 PM

I would like to know this also .

rebel5555 03-05-08 10:33 PM

I have a chief engineer with an ability that can repair even destroyed sytems on my USS Drum.

Ragtag 03-05-08 11:45 PM

Devs said the captains abilitys is not implemented in the US campaign but also said it would be easy for modders to add it.

kakemann 03-06-08 07:16 AM

I'm confused.

Rebel5555 says he has one!

Are you sure Rebel? ;)

SuperCavitation 03-06-08 11:55 AM

The "Captain's Ability" is your ability to call in air support, ships, etc. This isn't present in the US campaign but can be (allegedly) modded in.

Crew Abilities are in both sides, as in crewmembers who have talents above and beyond the call of duty. :yep:

Charlie901 03-07-08 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperCavitation
The "Captain's Ability" is your ability to call in air support, ships, etc. This isn't present in the US campaign but can be (allegedly) modded in.

Crew Abilities are in both sides, as in crewmembers who have talents above and beyond the call of duty. :yep:

Well, I hope some of the talented Modders get the "Captain's Ability" for the U.S. Campaign, modded in, Right Quick!!! :up:

SuperCavitation 03-07-08 09:53 PM

Me too. I'm really liking it on the "dark side."

kakemann 03-11-08 06:00 PM

Thanks. Haven't been able to call in ship support yet - and I can't find anything in the game that shows this is possible.

Anyone been able to call in allied ships?

iricund 03-11-08 06:12 PM

I've just been promoted in my latest career - not actually used the ability as yet but two rectangular Aux. Cruiser icons have appeared on my nav map to the East of Australia. I assume these can be used much like the airbases by clicking on them, having a patrol radius come up, and clicking again to dispatch a ship to patrol.

kakemann 03-11-08 06:15 PM

Cool!

Guess I have to complete some more patrols with good rating then!

Thanks!

iricund 03-11-08 06:24 PM

Just to note - there were no fanfares, messages or beautiful fräuleins showering me with affections to celebrate the promotion. It was by chance I noticed it in the little dossier folder on the desk.

Trunks420 03-11-08 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebel5555
I have a chief engineer with an ability that can repair even destroyed sytems on my USS Drum.

Hey, that kinda of funny you mention the Drum... I just moved from Mobile,Ala where she is dry-docked with the USS Alabama.. If you ever get a chance you should go down there and take a look. Both ships are quite a sight. But the sad thing is, the Drum is rusted bad from the salt water...thats why they took her of of the bay.