SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   TWoS: Doubt about the contact report (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=236066)

joselcrack20 12-28-17 02:07 PM

TWoS: Doubt about the contact report

Hello everyone!

Can someone explain me what the radio guy does? I mean, what is a contact report used for? And a status report? Why do I have to send them? When can I send one of them and what for?

Many thanks!

JOSÉ ÁNGEL, a new member of this world.

THEBERBSTER 12-28-17 04:16 PM

Hi JA
The radio guy Benno Scheu takes his orders from the watch officer Dieter Epp.
Dieter Epp has a menu within a menu for each requirement.
Sending Status reports which is the way you reply to radio messages sent by the BDU.
You may be given orders to report contacts as in the first mission Baltic Operations where you need to use this method to send your message to the BDU.
Peter

joselcrack20 12-28-17 05:04 PM

Many thanks Berbster!

Oh, I thought I was able to call the Kriegsmarine or if I was having problems. I suppose the option «request resupply» is for something like that, right? Not as cinematic as calling the Kriegsmarine but at least saying in which port I can rest haha. The bad thing is that my requests are always refused :(.

JOSÉ ÁNGEL

THEBERBSTER 12-28-17 06:52 PM

Hi JA
"Request supply" will first appear in "Operation Drumbeat" IIRC.
You will be able to rendezvous with a supply ship off the American coast.
Peter

joselcrack20 12-28-17 07:18 PM

Many thanks for everything!

Now I have all my doubts cleared. So the radio guy helps you to complete some special missions, I see. This is a very interesting feature :).

Again, thanks for everything.

JOSÉ ÁNGEL

vdr1981 12-30-17 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joselcrack20 (Post 2533676)
Many thanks for everything!

Now I have all my doubts cleared. So the radio guy helps you to complete some special missions, I see. This is a very interesting feature :).

Again, thanks for everything.

JOSÉ ÁNGEL

And not only that. If you send contact report when you have enemy ships in sight, BdU will also:
- Redirect friendly subs to your location (if there are any available near your location)
- Send Aircrafts to your locations (if there are axis airbases in the vicinity)

But be careful, allies can do pretty much the same if your transmission is intercepted... :yep:

joselcrack20 12-30-17 10:01 AM

Oh, that's brilliant!

And do the friendly units spend too much time coming to my position? And does the BDU answer something to you requests or you just only have to wait when «Message sent» appears in the captain's log?
I think I'll have to send many contact reports until I get used to sinking ships haha.

Many thanks for your answers :).

JOSÉ ÁNGEL

Cyborg322 12-30-17 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joselcrack20 (Post 2533925)
Oh, that's brilliant!

And do the friendly units spend too much time coming to my position? And does the BDU answer something to you requests or you just only have to wait when «Message sent» appears in the captain's log?
I think I'll have to send many contact reports until I get used to sinking ships haha.

Many thanks for your answers :).

JOSÉ ÁNGEL

If assistance is to far away you get message like "no support in your area act on your own initiative" if BDU sends you a request and get no reply you should get repeat message.

joselcrack20 12-30-17 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyborg322 (Post 2533951)
If assistance is to far away you get message like "no support in your area act on your own initiative" if BDU sends you a request and get no reply you should get repeat message.

Oh, I understand. Now that I have all my doubts cleared, I'll sink a lot of ships... if I can haha.

Many thanks for your help :).

JOSÉ ÁNGEL

pvtoloko 12-31-17 06:56 AM

Suerte en las cacerias camarada. : Kaleun_Salute:

joselcrack20 01-02-18 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pvtoloko (Post 2534104)
Suerte en las cacerias camarada. : Kaleun_Salute:

¡Otro capitán español por aquí! ¡Un saludo y buena caza!

Cyborg322 01-02-18 03:35 PM

Hola, soy capaz de hablar un poco de español ayudará siempre que sea posible

Cyborg322 01-02-18 03:39 PM

necesitamos más capitanes españoles :Kaleun_Salute:

pvtoloko 01-06-18 06:39 PM

see... somos buenos jajaaja. Saludos camaradas : Kaleun_Cheers:

XenonSurf 01-10-18 08:57 AM

I get easily confused when playing both SH3 and SH5:

In SH3 (WAC, etc.), german text:

From left to right:

Kontakte melden (= wrong translation, should read Statusbericht senden = Send Status Report; same as in the radio message screen)
Fühlungsmeldung senden (= Send Contact Report; same as in the radio message screen)
Feindliche Kontakte melden (??)

In SH5 TWoS, english text:

The 3 ones from left to right:

Report received contacts (??)
Send Contact Report
Send Status Report

No idea what the marked ?? actually do, reporting any sort of contact (excluding convoys for which you use Send Contact Report) ?

:Kaleun_Salute: