SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   NYGM 3 Super-mod (Current: 3.6 F, January 13th 2015) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=139231)

Obltn Strand 03-05-13 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rokko (Post 2018774)
Is MEP v3 compatible with NYGM?

Yes it is. Just remember to activate NYGM's very own sensor pack for it. However, night vision fix isn't compatible with MEP v3.

LemonA 03-08-13 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rokko (Post 2015485)
Ok thanks, I found a different solution and am now using the MaGUI mod, which has both RAOBF wheel and a chronometer. Some little adjustments in the menu.txt were necessary but it works like a charm now.

I will try MaGUI also. What is the installation order?

Friede Rösing 03-12-13 09:15 AM

Hi mates....

I love this mod... but i have a request for Stiebler.... in the next update can you add a big deep dial? :03:

the actual dial is very small, it´s very dificult especify a depth....

:arrgh!:

Hitman 03-12-13 09:47 AM

The Hitman GUI includes one ... enable with JGSME and see if that is what you want. If it is, you can either keep that GUI or copy the relevant section and files to your default GUI :up:

Friede Rösing 03-12-13 02:33 PM

thanks...:03:

Son of 79 03-17-13 10:13 AM

I cannot praise this mod enough. Coupled with H.sie's optional mods in the new SH3.exe, everything seems so...realistic. :up: I always play Dead Is Dead, and the realism in this mod has me seldome getting past 4 patrols before I am sunk.

Anyways, my question is about the torpedoes sinking after late '42 when historically the Germans fixed (most) of these problems. I start a new campaign in April '43, lock onto a ship in a convoy, and the same thing happens with my torpedoes. This time the weather was all but still. No whitecaps to be seen and moving at 1/3 speed. These were a mix of III's and FAT torpedoes.

At what point after late '42 will the torpedoes become more 'reliable'. The documentation the come with NYGM seems to state that in early '43 I should have little problem with them sinking, but maybe I missed/forgot something since there is a lot to read for a new-ish player of this superb mod.

LemonA 03-17-13 06:17 PM

H.sie's fixes cannot be held responsible for the high realism of NYGM. H.sie's fixes are available for all supermods or stock SH3. Even the Stiebler Addons for H.Sie's fixes are for all supermods or stock SH3.
The question is what makes the NYGM supermod more realistic than for example GWX?
The accuracy(date, location, speed, qty of ships & destroyers in the convoy etc.) of implemented shipping-routes? I dont know.

I saw that NYGM has 1030 ships defined when others have 5632 ships (GWX) in the campaign file. And yesterday when i departured from Kiel harbour to test the mod (my 1st carreer) the harbour was nearly empty...

Mods:#
NYGM Tonnage War V2.5 – Stand Alone Version
NYGM3_New
NYGM3_6B
MaGui 3.4
MaGui 3.4 FIX for NYGM3.4
MaGui 3.4 - UZO
MaGui 3.4 - Konvoy
3rd Flotilla Mod
NYGM_SingleMissions_with_Lat_Long_info
NYGM HiRes Submarines
BritishAsdicMkIFinal
DasBootSehrohr
DeckKannon
NYGM_Neutrale_Buoyancy
MaGui 3.4 - Range
Merchant_Fleet_Mod_3.2
MFM-Interim-Beta_NYGM
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)
Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1
M.E.P v3
RealNavigation

Rickster1 03-18-13 03:44 AM

more ships

I notice you have not got iablships for NYGMnew in your mod list, this mods loads more merchant ships. I have played both for many years now I find GWX to have more traffic in home ports and to be more difficult and computer heavy. I find nygm to be more realistic as per when convoys sailed and events happen as per real history.

Obltn Strand 03-20-13 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LemonA (Post 2026827)

I saw that NYGM has 1030 ships defined when others have 5632 ships (GWX) in the campaign file. And yesterday when i departured from Kiel harbour to test the mod (my 1st carreer) the harbour was nearly empty...

Mods:#
NYGM Tonnage War V2.5 – Stand Alone Version
NYGM3_New
NYGM3_6B
MaGui 3.4
MaGui 3.4 FIX for NYGM3.4
MaGui 3.4 - UZO
MaGui 3.4 - Konvoy
3rd Flotilla Mod
NYGM_SingleMissions_with_Lat_Long_info
NYGM HiRes Submarines
BritishAsdicMkIFinal
DasBootSehrohr
DeckKannon
NYGM_Neutrale_Buoyancy
MaGui 3.4 - Range
Merchant_Fleet_Mod_3.2
MFM-Interim-Beta_NYGM
M.E.P v3
RealNavigation

Add Add harbour traffic mod and harbours won't be so empty. NYGM is not a mod with pretty harbours anyway...

scramasax 04-20-13 05:24 AM

Hi. I have problem. Sometimes in the middle of Atlantic, or North Sea, or near Island my career ends because of collision... But this thing I'm hitting is invisible to me on map, to watch crew, and to me from any view. What's happening? Help... :(

vanjast 04-20-13 10:34 AM

Maybe a mine ??

scramasax 04-20-13 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanjast (Post 2044317)
Maybe a mine ??

I don't know. In scr file this is clean area.

Paninejro 05-01-13 11:00 AM

Thank you for the trouble. Very much I love your mod.:rock:

arnauld 05-01-13 11:50 AM

I am now trying NYGM , and i have started a career in 1. january 1941 with IXb. One Questition: I can´t find any supply-ship. Is this a bug or do NYGM don´t have supply-ships.

Greetins, Arnauld

Ligne Maginot 06-17-13 11:08 PM

I'm new here, thank you very much for this amazing mod. Still not done with my first patrol and was attacked by two aircraft and fired four torpedoes defective .... :arrgh!:
I have only one question: When one uses the UZO and off TDC (CTRL + T), it is impossible to adjust the "bearing". However, in the other stations are not the same problem. A file to be modified?

List of Mods:

NYGM Tonnage War V2.5 - Stand Alone Version
NYGM3_New
NYGM3_6B
3rd Flotilla Mod
NYGM HiRes Submarines
Merchant_Fleet_Mod_3.2
MFM-Interim-Beta_NYGM
Hitman Optics NYGM 3.6 (Fixed)
CaptainAmericaOfficerIcons

Thanks for attention. [Apologize for my bad English]:/\\!!