SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Silent Hunter 5 Announced? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=142624)

kylania 09-29-08 08:42 PM

If Silent Hunter V was Silent Hunter III with Silent Hunter IV's graphics and UI and I'd be very happy. :)

Not sure I'd be happy with a 'modern' sub sim though. I really enjoy the raw and personal feeling of the WWII boats. Where the people were the important part of the sub. Modern stuff would be.. well, too much like playing a computer game.

WWI is just too ugly for my tastes. :)

kiwi_2005 09-29-08 10:22 PM

If SH5 becomes a modern subsimmer it will be on the top of my list to get. Im tired of the ww2 subs whether its Uboats or Gatos still the same for me. But i keep playing these games cause theirs nothing else to try out, other than dangerous waters but thats to mind boggling for my brain where i end up playing with all realism turned off. Sh5 with modern subs will be a good change for me providing they don't go all out with the realism. :roll:

Falkirion 09-30-08 12:08 AM

Well we do need a modern subsim. I'd like it if they did a fictional what if scenario, kind of like Tom Clancy's End War. Fictional WW3 or Cold War setting will be fun

FIREWALL 09-30-08 12:20 AM

I see it as something to look forward to.

But .... I learned my lesson on doing a Preorder. :yep:

breadcatcher101 09-30-08 12:36 AM

I wouldn't mind seeing a game set in WW1 with the early U boats. Seeing the convoys with their coal smoke would be cool I think. The Germans had several missions to the eastern seaboard of America as they did in the following war, some of those could be included. Technology wasn't as advanced then, no radar or such, one generation from the days of sail.

Modern, I don't know. An all-out 30 minute war with nukes exchanged or a prolonged war with hits on convoys with sub-launched missiles. Fun in games but something would be missing to me.

Let's just hope it SH5 won't be about the Hundley in America's civil war! That would be a short one.

Adriatico 09-30-08 01:32 AM

WWII Atlantic rules, both in gameply, atmosphere and campaign... It is pointless to invent "hot water"...
All it needs is engine upgrade...
:yep:

Diopos 09-30-08 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikhayl
All new code :hmm: I have no idea what it would be about but I think I'd buy it regardless, assuming it's set in a pre-1945 era. Well spotted Sonarman, you couldn't have a more fitting nick :D

New code ... new bugs!:yep: :damn:

joegrundman 09-30-08 05:07 AM

but maybe a globe-shaped world (fingers crossed)

Seminole 09-30-08 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodan54
"All new code" and a tentative Q1 09 release date, doesn't exactly sound like a good combination if you ask me. :hmm:

Being fluent(more or less) in cyberspeakese, I will translate:

tentative Q1 09 release = sometime in 2011,maybe *

*barring total global economic collapse

;)

Seminole 09-30-08 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kylania
If Silent Hunter V was Silent Hunter III with Silent Hunter IV's graphics and UI and I'd be very happy. :)

Throw in AI...and I will concur with that....wholeheartedly....and they can keep their new code for SH VI.

Diopos 09-30-08 06:50 AM

Well sometime in the future an "AI-intensive" era will arise, but I'm not sure the "graphics & interface" era is over yet. And as long as the "money" is on graphics & interface then ... we must wait. The only limiting factor is: will there be money in the future because at present...:nope:

Hitman 09-30-08 06:56 AM

I just hope that in case of a german U-Boat simulation they don't leave the wolfpacks out this time. :hmm:

TDK1044 09-30-08 08:20 AM

I hope it's a typo and it should read Q1 2010 otherwise it's a cluster**** waiting to happen. :D

ReallyDedPoet 09-30-08 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDK1044
I hope it's a typo and it should read Q1 2010 otherwise it's a cluster**** waiting to happen. :D

Yeah, no need to rush the thing :nope: There is still lots of life in 4 and 3
for that matter.

RDP

TDK1044 09-30-08 08:43 AM

I pity the Moderators if it is a Q1 2009 release, RDP. :D

Personally, I'm very happy with SH4 with Trigger Maru, PE4 and Operation Monsun, but for those looking to purchase SH5 as soon as it comes out.....let's just say that the air will probably be as blue as the ocean....before K2 mods it anyway.