SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   OLC Gold MKIIc Probles with zoom (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=238567)

divemonkie 09-09-18 08:21 PM

OLC Gold MKIIc Probles with zoom

First Thank you, this mod looks great and plays even better.
everything's working, GWX than OLC. but I cant get the zoom to work on my scopes. used to be my mouse wheel in and out but now...nothing.

was it removed or set to keyboard?

PS
I have SH5...but cant play it, all the script is to small for me to read so I'm rediscovering SH3...

:Kaleun_Salute:

Pisces 09-10-18 04:20 AM

Onelifecrisis decided upon a single zoom-level. It is as intended.

divemonkie 09-10-18 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pisces (Post 2568152)
Onelifecrisis decided upon a single zoom-level. It is as intended.

Copy that. 😊
Wasn't sure, thought maybe I'd installed something upsidedown.

But he does use zoom in his video tutorial?...

Pisces 09-10-18 06:27 AM

Correct, the video was made for an earlier version. At some point he didn't like the way waves look in magnified view in his enviroment. So in a certain version he removed the option.

divemonkie 09-10-18 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pisces (Post 2568169)
Correct, the video was made for an earlier version. At some point he didn't like the way waves look in magnified view in his enviroment. So in a certain version he removed the option.

Aah.. OK. Not to take away from anyone else's hard work but this is one of the best looking and functional Mods I've used for sh3.

Just having trouble checking flags, wouldn't want to sink anyone who hadn't earned it yet😈
1939. 2nd mission in mostly just shaking down crew and boat.

Good hunting👍

Hitman 09-10-18 08:16 AM

For the record and in benefit of newer users who might make use of the info ... the reason OLC went for fixed zoom was that when going above 1x the horizon waves flatten and look worse. OLC decided to keep the zoom fixed at 1x and use the FOV aperture to produce the same result of visual augmentation in the objects. He set the attack scope for a 3x zoom size IIRC, can't remember what the observation one had :Kaleun_Salute:

divemonkie 09-10-18 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hitman (Post 2568188)
For the record and in benefit of newer users who might make use of the info ... the reason OLC went for fixed zoom was that when going above 1x the horizon waves flatten and look worse. OLC decided to keep the zoom fixed at 1x and use the FOV aperture to produce the same result of visual augmentation in the objects. He set the attack scope for a 3x zoom size IIRC, can't remember what the observation one had :Kaleun_Salute:

Thanks Hitman.
At some point it won't matter, pretty much everything will become a target.

I blame it on my setup, having to sit so far away from my monitor.
Still a great mod...everythings right where I need it.

jscharpf 10-05-18 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hitman (Post 2568188)

Hitman! :Kaleun_Salute:

still using/learning your interface from 2010.. very challenging :)

Jeff